Rumor: Eklund: David Quinn to be next coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flash20

DC Homer
Oct 16, 2009
Buffalo
Get ready to puke .

A source tells me that he has heard that former Rangers boss, Dave Quinn, is very likely to be the Sabres next head coach... Quinn was also head coach at Boston University in 14-15 when a freshman named Jack Eichel won the Hobey Baker as the teams went all the way to the College Hockey Final...

HockeyBuzz.com - Eklund - Quinn rumored to be heading for a reunion with Eichel; Buzz at 1

giphy.webp

BloFan4Life

Jul 8, 2009
NY
I'll take him as an assistant. I stated this in the other thread, but the way Granato handled the locker room and media was A+ for HC. My personal opinion, the assistant is where the real teaching gets done. I want strong assistants. It's been a while since we had strong assistants.

Granato himself said that it was tough for him to be an assistant. Since he became a HC, he said that is where he worked best. So Granato as an assistant is not the same as Granato as a HC.

Reactions: brian_griffin

JThorne

Stop accepting failure
Jul 21, 2006
Downtown Buffalo
At this point, they're still doing interviews. How could anyone possibly know for sure who the next coach is? Has Gallant even received a first interview?

Eklund sucks.

Zach716

Pucks in deep
Nov 24, 2018
Cheap- check
Appeases Eichel- check
No winning record at NHL- check

nah I’d be surprised if it was him. Eklund doesn’t have sources lol

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
Sorry, Hockey Buzz is trash. Eklund is sticking shit on a wall because Eichel was coached in college under this. There hasn't been a link to confirm he's even interviewed. Sorry! This is fake news.

Shmuffalo

Brad May's Stand In
Feb 13, 2008
New York
Cheap- check
Appeases Eichel- check
No winning record at NHL- check

nah I’d be surprised if it was him. Eklund doesn’t have sources lol

Hey, don't knock Eklund's source(s). I have good sources he has at least one, Eklund. Seriously, I'm astonished he's still talked about in 2021.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
I know this isn't the correct opinion to have, but if that's what would placate Eichel, I'd be 100% on board

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
I know this isn't the correct opinion to have, but if that's what would placate Eichel, I'd be 100% on board

Eichel might be happy for a few games...until he realizes the team is still losing because him liking a coach is not a measure of whether or not that coach is actually good.

Reactions: Jeremy2020

Thorton02

Feb 6, 2009
That could actually be the move that makes me drop this team for good. If this is true, I'd have to hand it to the Pegulas to find new ways of torturing us.

Reactions: Flash20

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
I'll take him as an assistant. I stated this in the other thread, but the way Granato handled the locker room and media was A+ for HC. My personal opinion, the assistant is where the real teaching gets done. I want strong assistants. It's been a while since we had strong assistants.

Granato himself said that it was tough for him to be an assistant. Since he became a HC, he said that is where he worked best. So Granato as an assistant is not the same as Granato as a HC.
I vehemently agree, in particular the 1st paragraph. The sum of the staff must be better than the parts.

Reactions: Eichel9

cybresabre

prōject positivity
Feb 27, 2002
+
I seriously doubt they would pick Quinn when everyone wants someone else.

What do they think this is, the draft?

Of course they'll pick Quinn.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad