Speculation: Ekholm to PHI

ViewsFromThe6ix

Zachary on the Attackary
Oct 17, 2013
6ix
it’s clear you don’t follow LA as that trade was good for LA also and we are very happy with the return.

Should have got more is all I'm saying. How many Muzzin's are ever on the market? Especially with cup experience premium.

MSSLYNX

Jul 27, 2009
I can't see Ghost fitting our team in any scenario. If you send him to us, we're going to ask for MORE in return, just because he's such a bad fit. I don't know how y'all think he is playing TODAY, but he's a total Cap Dump as far as we're concerned, and only increases the cost of picking up Ekholm.
God this is going nowhere...

Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

duffy9748

Nov 26, 2007
If I’m Fletcher, add Ekholm now for a package of futures and make a run for it this year.

Then include Sanheim or Myers in the trade for Eichel this off-season so you don’t lose them in expansion.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
We would. The point of trading for Ek would be to add to what we have...not swap out.

It is weird though how some people just choose to stick their own "beliefs" and don't take the time to listen to fans who actually watch every game(assuming you can trust their judgement). Ghost has been very good this year. Still means we will expose him....but he is playing very well.
Well, it's also a matter of how some people have no idea what another team's needs are and how their system is stocked. We have an over-abundance of smaller PMD style players, current and coming up, and really putting in another one when that is already what we have too much of... it just doesn't appeal. Ghost isn't Cale Makar or whoever and has had some bumps in his performance in recent years, and since that is absolutely the LAST type of player we need, it should be no real surprise that he's not catching our interest. If he's not good enough for you to protect in the Expansion Draft, then don't be surprised that we have no use for him.

sandybridge

Welcome Taylor
Jun 24, 2018
If I’m Fletcher, add Ekholm now for a package of futures and make a run for it this year.

Then include Sanheim or Myers in the trade for Eichel this off-season so you don’t lose them in expansion.

Ekholm's position is not exactly position of need for Phillie.

Seems like there are more urgent places to spend your prospects than adding something that would hardly improve things.

MSSLYNX

Jul 27, 2009
Ekholm's position is not exactly position of need for Phillie.

Seems like there are more urgent places to spend your prospects than adding something that would hardly improve things.
Most would prefer not to dress Gus and Hagg so it is kind of a need if they want to make a true run at it.
Braun as a 6th and Pk, Ghost a 5th with PP time. Top 4 would be perfect.

Limeyjim

Jan 4, 2017
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
I seriously doubt that Fletcher will make any deals, especially with the ED looming overhead. He doesn't want to expose any of the players who may be targeted by the Kraken, so I think he'll just go dumpster diving for a rental at the TD.

MSSLYNX

Jul 27, 2009
Young scoring prospect, 1st pick, a young roster player. I can see it.

Would Nsh add someone to Ekholm for Konecny? Is Forsberg off the table in a bigger deal?

MSSLYNX

Jul 27, 2009
I seriously doubt that Fletcher will make any deals, especially with the ED looming overhead. He doesn't want to expose any of the players who may be targeted by the Kraken, so I think he'll just go dumpster diving for a rental at the TD.
But Fletcher did make a side-deal with Vegas.
Dumpster-diving will not get him the Cup.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
Young scoring prospect, 1st pick, a young roster player. I can see it.

Would Nsh add someone to Ekholm for Konecny? Is Forsberg off the table in a bigger deal?
Konecky on long term deal at reasonable cost. Also Flyers at this point have their 7 keeps in f ED and have to expose one of Voracek/JVR. It makes no sense to make a 1 for 2 trade and expose both players you acquire for Konecky.
I would think deal looks like
Gus(expiring deal for pure salary cap purpose)
2021 1(lets say top 4 protected)
Would suspect b+ prospect too

Reactions: FlyguyOX

MSSLYNX

Jul 27, 2009
Off topic, but.....My sons a Habs fan and he thinks Price might waive.
Gets him out of Montreal, fresh start, on a brand new team.
Which team(s) with 10 mil cap space would take him without retention?
Price would agree to waive to a bottom team or expansion team? Doubt it.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
No one here is David Poile (as far as I know) so can't be certain, I guess. But I would happily bet my life savings that Ekholm will not be traded if the best offer is a 2nd round pick and mediocre prospect.
Every Nashville fan is David Poile for the purposes of this message board. You are David Poile. I am most definitely David Poile. And there is NO WAY Ekholm is getting traded for a 2nd round pick and mediocre prospect.

A 1st+good prospect... ok, that at least opens the door. I still don't see it, but at least that gets into the realm of possibility. If you add a big contract back that doesn't fit our needs, though, that is just jacking up the price.

Reactions: Flyer lurker

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
Every Nashville fan is David Poile for the purposes of this message board. You are David Poile. I am most definitely David Poile. And there is NO WAY Ekholm is getting traded for a 2nd round pick and mediocre prospect.

A 1st+good prospect... ok, that at least opens the door. I still don't see it, but at least that gets into the realm of possibility. If you add a big contract back that doesn't fit our needs, though, that is just jacking up the price.
At minimum offer should be 1st 2nd (different years top 4 to top 10 protected) or prospect(s) worth a 2, and expiring contract. And its ok for opposite fan base to say bleep no. Just don't see it happening for less.

1st in 2021 is a c**p shoot pick in covid land.

Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad