Injury Report: Ekblad -Concussion testing, Tests negative- 9/19

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
There are a number of teams that are going to embrace the rough stuff this season due to lack of talented hockey players. Teams like NYI, NYR, Habs, 'Nucks are geared for protecting their kids but mostly its composed to offer the audience something in the vain of Thunderdome when participating in the skill game is not a possibility. It takes a toll trying to win games by physicality so I wouldn't be surprised if some teams have a heavy rotation in their lineup, players being called from the AHL to the show to make an impact in any way possible. Therefore, I think teams that are trying to win purely on skill are going to have tough time repelling these attempts of trying to get them off their game. If the Cats going to have a highly skilled top9 then that skill has to be balanced with a highly physical 4th line. Haley and Brouwer are probably good for that task but MacK is definitely not and I'd be looking for another prize fighter to center the 4th line. We have enough players for special teams and with the amount of skill up front, no one is expecting the 4th line making a regular appearance on the scoresheets.

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
There are a number of teams that are going to embrace the rough stuff this season due to lack of talented hockey players. Teams like NYI, NYR, Habs, 'Nucks are geared for protecting their kids but mostly its composed to offer the audience something in the vain of Thunderdome when participating in the skill game is not a possibility. It takes a toll trying to win games by physicality so I wouldn't be surprised if some teams have a heavy rotation in their lineup, players being called from the AHL to the show to make an impact in any way possible. Therefore, I think teams that are trying to win purely on skill are going to have tough time repelling these attempts of trying to get them off their game. If the Cats going to have a highly skilled top9 then that skill has to be balanced with a highly physical 4th line. Haley and Brouwer are probably good for that task but MacK is definitely not and I'd be looking for another prize fighter to center the 4th line. We have enough players for special teams and with the amount of skill up front, no one is expecting the 4th line making a regular appearance on the scoresheets.
You hit the nail on the head.

I have to laugh at a few posters ranting about Haley not being in the lineup. He wouldn't have made a difference as McCarron would have gone after him had he threatened Domi and squashed him like a bug. We really have no answer for the big 230lb ++ guys that can fight. For that matter Haley is not a match for a guy in his weight class like Adam McQuaid who has the reach and hits hard.

Bettman is going to continue to allow the intimidation to even the playing field. :)

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
You hit the nail on the head.

I have to laugh at a few posters ranting about Haley not being in the lineup. He wouldn't have made a difference as McCarron would have gone after him had he threatened Domi and squashed him like a bug. We really have no answer for the big 230lb ++ guys that can fight. For that matter Haley is not a match for a guy in his weight class like Adam McQuaid who has the reach and hits hard.

Bettman is going to continue to allow the intimidation to even the playing field. :)

Brouwer isn't exactly the prototypical enforcer, but he is feisty.

Regardless, we're still short by one fighter type player either on defense or on the 4th line.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
DnkAiKrU0AA7j_a.jpg

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Does that suspension dock pay, or is it a free vacation before the regular season?

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
There are so many awful hockey pundits but Kyprios is among the absolute worst. If I am Aaron or a Panthers player I call the people in charge of the player's union and go on a Lee Ellia style obscene tirade demanding that bullshit like this stops being tolerated. That wasn't a fight, that was an assault.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Short Question cause i find no info in the Rules, does the suspension also you forbid joining team Practice or Practice at all.
When they stay out of practice during Preseason, it throw the Player back. But only if they must stay out of practice.

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
It’s effectively a 1-2 game suspension, Domi wouldn’t have played in every preseason game

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
It wasn’t going to be more than five games, since he didn’t fly in to NY to have a face to face meeting with the league. The max you can get with over the phone meetings is five games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad