Injury Report: Ekblad 3/11/17 (concussion) - returned, 3/23/17 (sore neck & headaches) - out D2D

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
They f***ed up. And by "they", I mean mostly Rowe, but also Ekblad and the rest of front office.
This can't be blamed on some Panthers' bad luck - this is self-inflicted, pure and simple. Everyone here could see that playing Ekblad was risking disaster - everyone except the Panthers, that is.
If he keeps regressing or his next concussion becomes career-ending, it will be on their heads.

PBPantherfan

Feb 7, 2010
Lake Worth, FL
^You guys don't get it. If a player passes the protocol and is cleared to play, that's all a physician can do. The rest is up to the player or coaches on whether it's prudent to continue. Crosby and the Pens decided to shut his game down until they felt there was little chance of a reoccurrence after the supposed concussion on 1/1/11. Eleven months later he returned to the ice. This is the proper way to handle someone who is concussion prone and requires the full cooperation of the player, medical staff, training staff, Hockey Operations staff and FO.

Crosby suffered another concussion at the beginning of the 16-17 season, so a player who is concussion prone is just one more moderate to severe hit from a career ending injury. Aaron and the Cats don't seem to understand the ramifications of their actions with the start this past Tuesday. :(

Players always want to play especially 21 year olds who think they are indestructible. This is 100% on management why they let Rowe make the decision is beyond me. Somebody at the top should have just put their foot down and said no. Viola, Cifu, Dale whatever he should have never seen the ice again this year.

spacemanatee

May 18, 2014
with the contract ekblad just signed he may end up beeing one of the greatest busts of all time :laugh:
...:cry:

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Players always want to play especially 21 year olds who think they are indestructible. This is 100% on management why they let Rowe make the decision is beyond me. Somebody at the top should have just put their foot down and said no. Viola, Cifu, Dale whatever he should have never seen the ice again this year.

The combined experience of everyone around Ekblad should have more common sense about what is the status quo. It's like in baseball, when a pitcher is walking every batter and the coach goes to ask what is the deal, the pitcher would ofc tell that "everything's fine, don't worry about it coach".

Rowe is missing the number one ingredient of a good coach: compassion. I wouldn't be surprised if someone had to bash some sense to Rowe, and he never considered to let Ekblad to sit the rest of the season out.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
It sucks when there's no drop off/probably an improvement on the backend when he's out this year.
Shut him down.

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
People acting like the doctors cleared him even though he wasn't healthy. Cmon really? You really think the doctors would risk a lawsuit, losing degrees, whatever, to have this kid play despite slim playoff hopes?

Yes, absolutely.

I deal with unethical doctors pretty regularly. If there are two sins your average MDs all share, they are greed and hubris.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Yes, absolutely.

I deal with unethical doctors pretty regularly. If there are two sins your average MDs all share, they are greed and hubris.

What a bunch of absolute crap. The average MD is a caring, careful person who wants to heal and help.

Last edited by a moderator:

catEye

The Barkov Era
Dec 27, 2008
Miami, FL.
rowe is a freaking laughing stock. some of his comments are :shakehead. can't win without ekblad. should have sat him. still in playoff hunt. this guy is a lunatic. keep him away from youngsters.:rant:

Another type of colossal obvious blunders that everyone and their mother knew would happen, Aka a Tallon-Bolland predicted blunder. He should fire/ I mean promote himself just like they did with Tallon after the season.

I'm lost for words w/ this Panthers Org. they never seize to amaze beyond stupidity no matter who's in there.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
He was cleared by the team doctors. That is on them. Tom Rowe is terrible. But he can't be blamed for everything. In general, Management and the players themselves need to be held more accountable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad