NHL Entry Draft: Eichel's First Round Mock

Eichel

Chicago Buffaloes
Mar 19, 2013
1. :leafs Auston Matthews (C) - Duh

2. :jets Patrik Laine (LW/RW) - Duh

3. :cbj Jesse Puljujarvi (RW) - Less duh, still the obvious choice IMO.

4. :edmonton Matthew Tkachuk (LW) - I think the pick will eventually be traded, Tkachuk is the guy for Pete Chiarelli.

5. :nucks Pierre-Luc Dubois (C/LW) - Best player available.

6. :flames Logan Brown (C) - First real surprise here. I think Treliving opts for the rising stud vs. Nylander.

7. :coyotes Jakob Chychrun (LHD) - Arguably the best D in the draft, ARZ goes for Chychrun to add to their impressive forward prospect pool.

8. :sabres Alexander Nylander (LW/RW) - As much as I want the Sabres to draft Chychrun he is snagged by ARZ one pick early. Tim Murray + co opt for the uber talented F and acquire their LHD via trade.

9. :habs Mikhail Sergachev (LHD) - Habs choose to go with a D over F who could be ready in as little as 1 year.

10. :avs Olli Juolevi (LHD) - Avs laugh as Juolevi falls into their laps and don't look back.

11. :devils Clayton Keller (C) - Highly skilled forwards are exactly what NJD are looking for.

12. :sens Tyson Jost (C) - After an incredible U18's, Sens fans are ecstatic to hear Jost's name called.

13. :canes Mikey McLeod (C) - While McLeod has fallen down the ranks of many, Canes are happy to take the big C with strong two-way play.

14. :bruins Charlie McAvoy (RHD) - BU kid** to a team in desperate need of D. Ideal fit with maybe a slight reach.

15. :wild - German Rubstov (C) - Wild take a chance with the raw Russian in hopes of becoming a top-6 F.

16. :wings Jake Bean (LHD) - Detroit always seems to have great drafting. Bean doesn't change that.

17. :nashville Kiefer Bellows (LW) - With a seemingly set in stone top-4, Nashville attempts to add scoring depth.

18. :flyers Luke Kunin (C/RW) - D prospects out the wazoo, Philly takes the best forward available.

19. :isles Dante Fabbro (RHD) - Although the Isles have a very solid D-core, they cannot pass up the slight faller in Fabbro.

20. :coyotes (via Rags) Max Jones (LW)

21. :canes (via Kings) Julien Gauthier (RW)

22. :jets (via Hawks) Lucas Johansen (LHD)

23. :panthers Marcus Niemalainen (LHD)

24. :ducks Tage Thompson (C/RW)

25. :stars Riley Tufte (LW)

26. :caps Dennis Choklowski (LHD)

27. :bolts Tyler Benson (LW)

28. :blues Vitali Abramov (LW/RW)

29. :bruins (via Sharks) Carl Grundstrom (LW)

30. :leafs (via Pens) Libor Hajek (LHD)

Last edited:

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
I can name 6 D under 26 in the Sabees org that either are already in the league and haven't finished developing yet or in post draft play look like they will be.

I can name one natural top 6 winger that isn't coming off massive concussions.

Their need at LHD isn't guy who won't get top minutes for at least 3 years if ever. They should trade for their D and continue stocking the pool with picks. They "need" to find someone who can finish a tap in from Eichel and stop missing open nets from 2 feet out.

Chan790

Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Bingy town, NY
I'm almost tired of beating this drum. The Canes need offense and do not need another middle-6 defensive C. (He's not a two-way C...he was Nylander's passenger this season. He's a defensive F in the Ryan Kesler mold, except with less offense.)

Taking McLeod is a terrible pick for the Canes. I'd probably burn all my team apparel in response. Best offensive forward available at #13 and #21...there will likely still be better offensive forwards than McLeod available at the top of the 2nd.

DasKaiser

Jun 7, 2016
Oil will pick Dupois! Think to land that top D one of their c will be traded. Dupois has the versatility of w/c, plus more size than tkachuk. Dupois was a offensive driver in junior whereas tkachuk was more of a follower to his talented linemates. At least I hope they see it that way. All if both are there at 4!

Golden Gophers 4649

Minnesota Hockey Fan
Jun 15, 2015
Minneapolis
Seriously doubt the Wild draft the Russian "in hopes he becomes a top 6 forward". At 15 and with only 3 other picks the entire draft they will be looking BPA who is close to a sure thing. A strikeout on many more picks and Fletcher might be looking for a job.

59Rosebuds

Aug 17, 2015
Columbia
I'm almost tired of beating this drum. The Canes need offense and do not need another middle-6 defensive C. (He's not a two-way C...he was Nylander's passenger this season. He's a defensive F in the Ryan Kesler mold, except with less offense.)

Taking McLeod is a terrible pick for the Canes. I'd probably burn all my team apparel in response. Best offensive forward available at #13 and #21...there will likely still be better offensive forwards than McLeod available at the top of the 2nd.

You and I seem to be posting this on every board. McLeod is not a fit for us. Period.

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
Beaupré, Quebec
7. :coyotes Jakob Chychrun (LHD) - Arguably the best D in the draft, ARZ goes for Chychrun to add to their impressive forward prospect pool.

20. :coyotes (via Rags) Max Jones (LW)

I can't complain with either. Both have great size and the more I've read and heard about Chychrun, the more I like him in ARZ.

Penaltykiller17

Apr 21, 2015
Raleigh, NC

I honestly think some people think we don't know any better. Out of the 4 players RF is targeting, I highly doubt McCleod is one of them.

RoboGoboPogo

Jun 9, 2016
I can name 6 D under 26 in the Sabees org that either are already in the league and haven't finished developing yet or in post draft play look like they will be.

I can name one natural top 6 winger that isn't coming off massive concussions.

Their need at LHD isn't guy who won't get top minutes for at least 3 years if ever. They should trade for their D and continue stocking the pool with picks. They "need" to find someone who can finish a tap in from Eichel and stop missing open nets from 2 feet out.
How's this looking now?

Reactions: MasterMatt25

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad