Speculation: Eichel Megathread VI: Eichel's agent issue statement critical of Sabres

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sticksandsun

Mar 11, 2015
Wasn't the whole issue the surgey would take him out for a season? the agents are saying it'd be 2 months in the above statement (ready for next season)? If that's true I can't imagine the Sabres wouldn't let him get it. What a disaster.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Wasn't the whole issue the surgey would take him out for a season? the agents are saying it'd be 2 months in the above statement (ready for next season)? If that's true I can't imagine the Sabres wouldn't let him get it. What a disaster.

No the issue is that its a semi-experimental surgery and the Sabres aren't on board. That's looking like more and more of a mistake.

Reactions: Thrasymachus

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
The traditional surgery would take him out for 6-9 months. The artificial surgery he wants has a quicker recovery... but is comparatively untested.

Reactions: xECK29x

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
I remember a lot of Sabres fans saying "This is all just speculation. Jack hasn't even asked for a trade."

I told them a BOS insider said that Eichel's father got up in a meeting months ago and told Adams Jack would never play for the Sabres again.

Looks like that insider was right on.

paulmm3

Mar 29, 2014
You signed a contract, Jack. That means you don't get to decide where you play.

I don't see why Buffalo is so fussy about the surgery. It's clear different experts have different opinions so if it's near a coin flip which option is better let Jack do what he wants with his neck.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
It’s only been done on an MMA fighter to date. And he returned to action. No hockey players at this point have had it done. But tons of regular folks have had it and swear by it

Redpath

Sep 30, 2011
What are the theoretical repercussions if Eichel was to ignore the Sabres and go ahead with the surgery he wants?

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
You signed a contract, Jack. That means you don't get to decide where you play.

I don't see why Buffalo is so fussy about the surgery. It's clear different experts have different opinions so if it's near a coin flip which option is better let Jack do what he wants with his neck.
He will once his NMC kicks in. Right now the biggest dispute seems to be coming from the Eichel camp that the Sabres will not relent on letting him have the surgery even though their doctors seem to concur with Eichel’s surgeon.
They are basically saying your not allowed to work for the start of next season.
This is going to get worse. Eichel is going to sue for basically them delaying his surgery and not being able to play next season, and the Sabres will sue for breach of contract if he gets the surgery on his timetable without their authorization. What a circus disgrace this is

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
In a normal situation, I would agree that the Sabres should force him to hold out and miss out on 10M in salary. Call his bluff.

With the NMC in a year, and Eichel's ability to go on LTIR to get paid, the Sabres don't really have an out, they'd just be paying him for a whole season to put themselves in a worse negotiating position in a year.

Reactions: Rangers ftw

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg

Buffalo fans right now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad