Status
Not open for further replies.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN
What?

Everyone knows that Eichel has a neck issue. If you (or better your doctors) are not comfortable with the medical prognosis after you got to see the data after agreeing to a package, you nix the trade.
But you have to make a serious offer first that the Sabres would accept before you get access to the information.

Why do you have to see his medical data before making a serious offer? You know what type of player Eichel is and what he is worth to you. You make an offer accordingly. If you are then not comfortable with his medical data, you pull out of the trade.

You don't get to see his medical data and then point at section 38 of x-ray number 4 and that you want to deduct a 1st rounder from your offer because your doctors are not sure if there is a crack or if its just a bad picture...

thats going to happen whether you show the data before or after the "serious offer"

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
Every fan from an interested team: is he healthy? Like is he even going to play this year?

buffalo fans: lol don’t worry about it, but give us your top prospect, 1st and best young player

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
okay so i offer buffalo all my best prospects and 6 first round picks can i see the records?

oh hey look i don't like the look of that disc so no.

so just throw out a bullshit "serious" offer to see the records with no commitment to actually pay that price? i mean it's so goddamn stupid that theres this "serious offer only but you can back out if you want" rule.
who is running this show? good lord.

Reactions: GuerinUp

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
The scenario is perfect for Francis to bring Jack to Seattle. Is there risk hell theres risk that any player could get ran over by a turnip truck. The Kracks have the Cap and worst case could bury him on LTIR if the neck issue is career fatal. They have there first rounder this year and next and sweeten with one of the young guys he got in expansion if needed. Buffalo gets there haul and the risk for Seattle is minimal for the long term.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
The scenario is perfect for Francis to bring Jack to Seattle. Is there risk hell theres risk that any player could get ran over by a turnip truck. The Kracks have the Cap and worst case could bury him on LTIR if the neck issue is career fatal. They have there first rounder this year and next and sweeten with one of the young guys he got in expansion if needed. Buffalo gets there haul and the risk for Seattle is minimal for the long term.
I really don’t think anything Seattle drafted yesterday interests the fans saying Lafreniere and Kakko are throw ins

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
okay so i offer buffalo all my best prospects and 6 first round picks can i see the records?

so just throw out a bullshit "serious" offer to see the records with no commitment to actually pay that price? i mean it's so goddamn stupid that theres this "serious offer only but you can back out if you want" rule.

GMs aren't children on a message board

rynryn

May 29, 2008
Minny
You will get to inspect the car and the transmission once you have agreed on a price. If you find anything that you are not comfortable with, you can pull out of the agreement immediately without any repercussions.

Isn't that how it works?

Or do you want to inspect the car thoroughly beforehand desperately hoping to find a few smaller issues or flaws that you really don't care about but that you intend to use as bargaining chips to lower the price?

Because thats what posters on hfboards seem to try to do here more than anything. Its not like any GM will trade for Eichel without getting to see his medical data. They 100% will once they have agreed on a price.

@RussosBurner :
I don't disagree. But odds are that Adams has his reasonings for not having shared the data.
Its either that no offer has been close to good enough for the Sabres to accept or that he doesn't feel he can trade him before he is healthy anyways.
Sure the relationship between Eichel and the Sabres is damaged very likely beyond repair. But that doesn't mean he has to ship him out immediately like some insiders seem to suggest if he can't get a decent offer due to his injury issues.

only times i've bought used i take it to an indy shop for inspection, and no dealer has ever balked at this. without any talk of price first.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Asinine speculation. You have no idea what's happening behind the scenes. Pretending you do just makes you look bad.

I'm not pretending. I'm going off of what is available. Look, I get that it is a sensitive subject for a lot of Buffalo fans. Eichel is their franchise player. He is a superstar. But I see no reason to not believe what insiders are saying, that Adams is not granting access to medical records. It is a poor move. If Eichel is that seriously injured, it will get out eventually. No team will trade for him without it. It is one of those situations it is better to get out in front of vs. leading from behind, especially when the player wants out. And if he isn't seriously injured, then granting access so teams can do their proper due diligence seems like a relatively smart move...

I think Jack Eichel is a tremendous player. I really do. But my opinion is that Adam's couldn't have handled this much worse. I guess the return for Eichel will be the ultimate judgement.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
What exactly do people think are in these medical records that isn’t already known?

Nothing. Its just posters trying to find excuses for lowballing Sabres fans on hfboards...

I mean we even know the type of surgery he wanted. Medical experts probably have a pretty good idea what they are dealing with.
And after they take a look at the data once they have agreed on a price, they probably can make a pretty quick risk assessment depending on how the recent medical records look. They will either give a thumbs-up or slap a "Please don't risk your career on that guys neck" stamp on it.

rynryn

May 29, 2008
Minny
GMs aren't children on a message board
it's hyperbole but it still stands. Wild have no intention of paying the ask but say they will anyway just to peek at the records. maybe to revisit next year or whatever.
the "rule" is useless.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
I'm not pretending. I'm going off of what is available. Look, I get that it is a sensitive subject for a lot of Buffalo fans. Eichel is their franchise player. He is a superstar. But I see no reason to not believe what insiders are saying, that Adams is not granting access to medical records. It is a poor move. If Eichel is that seriously injured, it will get out eventually. No team will trade for him without it. It is one of those situations it is better to get out in front of vs. leading from behind, especially when the player wants out. And if he isn't seriously injured, then granting access so teams can do their proper due diligence seems like a relatively smart move...

I think Jack Eichel is a tremendous player. I really do. But my opinion is that Adam's couldn't have handled this much worse. I guess the return for Eichel will be the ultimate judgement.
He could still wait for after the surgery and recovery where Eichel isn’t 100% the player he was before and then has a NMC and dictates the teams of interest

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Can Jack himself start handing out his medical records?
because why the f*** wouldn't you make these available to anyone? How does limiting to "serious offers" (huge LOL if their idea of serious is the MIN ask) benefit them?

huge red flag

employer medical records are different than the medical records with your dr

he can’t talk to other teams…he is under contract.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Lost in all these back and forth arguments...one team's fanbase is going to be VERY excited in Oct when they see Eichel going end-to-end and dominating play. The over valuation of draft picks and prospects on here is nauseating, it makes this board almost unreadable most days.

Reading 30-something men argue back and forth on here is hilarious.

Some fan base is getting an elite (when healthy) 1C and will be ecstatic with his play.
Or maybe there is overvaluation of the player. Dominating October is the exact opposite of what has happened for Jack in his entire career. Reality is that in the last 21 games he had 1 even strength goal and 8 assists, diminished shot attempts, and his team lost an inordinate amount of games.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Nothing. Its just posters trying to find excuses for lowballing Sabres fans on hfboards...

I mean we even know the type of surgery he wanted. Medical experts probably have a pretty good idea what they are dealing with.
And after they take a look at the data once they have agreed on a price, they probably can make a pretty quick risk assessment depending on how the recent medical records look. They will either give a thumbs-up or slap a "Please don't risk your career on that guys neck" stamp.
Teams have to have the imaging if they are going to take on a $50 million dollar asset. They will, though. Every trade has to have a passing physical.

5 Minute Major

Sabres Fan
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2010
Vestal, NY

You do realize that a condition to any trade can be a teams doctors giving any player a thumbs up regarding their health?

Do you think the Sabres seriously believe they can sucker a team into making a trade if Jack is damaged goods and get away with it???

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Medical imaging, for one.
So you have your doctors look at the medical imaging and you confirm what we already know: that Eichel needs surgery.

I know it will help determine what/if surgery, but I don’t know that it’s as much of a talking point as people try and make it. He has a herniated disc in his neck, it’s going to get fixed eventually. It’s still Jack Eichel, and if there was really concern that it was career threatening, that information would already be out there. What good does it do Eichel’s camp to not disclose information like that if it’s true?

rynryn

May 29, 2008
Minny
What exactly do people think are in these medical records that isn’t already known?

people get second opinions from doctors all the time before a major treatment is started. you want your experts to look it over and give you an opinion that's biased toward your interests.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
Slow play it? The organization has come out and said they’re not paying for the surgery he wants

so like the bridges are burned, there is no slow playing this situation. Whether or not the Rangers get him is irrelevant.

Minnesota hasn’t seen his medicals either so this isn’t exclusive to NY
Ducks gonna get him that 3rd overall pick they have
Is just too powerful no team has that as a major asset like that for eichel.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Teams have to have the imaging if they are going to take on a $50 million dollar asset. They will, though. Every trade has to have a passing physical.

I don't disagree. They will get to see the current medical data once they are close to pulling the trigger and make their decision based off of that. After a trade is agreed upon, they get to bring in Eichel for a medical. If then anything drastically changes, they will have a chance to rescind the trade due to a failed medical. Thats atleast how it works in football (or soccer) and how I believe it works in the NHL as well.
I don't think you ever get to bring in a player from another team for a medical inspection before agreeing to a trade, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad