• Elias Petterson

Votes: 71 73.2%

• Total voters

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
Who is the better player right now? I'm wondering because of the upcoming WJC and we were wondering about this with a friend of mine. Both are amazing and both will have great careers. Just wondering how people see them right now.

Eeli Tolvanen has 32 points (17+15) in 39 games in KHL.

Elias Pettersson has 35 points (11+24) in 26 games in SHL.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
I prefer Pettersson, but it's really a toss up. Both fantastic prospects!

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
Who is the better player right now? I'm wondering because of the upcoming WJC and we were wondering about this with a friend of mine. Both are amazing and both will have great careers. Just wondering how people see them right now.

Eeli Tolvanen has 32 points (17+15) in 39 games in KHL.

Elias Pettersson has 35 points (11+24) in 26 games in SHL.
It's really hard to compare players in different leagues imo. It's clear that both are really skilled, but who's better will probably be decided in the future, when they actually play in the big league. Pettersson has the edge because he's a center, though.

I'll throw a vote to Tolvanen though, because i know a horde of Vancouver fans is coming.

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
It's really hard to compare players in different leagues imo. It's clear that both are really skilled, but who's better will probably be decided in the future, when they actually play in the big league. Pettersson has the edge because he's a center, though.

I'll throw a vote to Tolvanen though, because i know a horde of Vancouver fans is coming.

Yeah, I know.. Both are doing something historical in their respective leagues. But like you said, different leagues and different positions make the comparison hard. I hope some people who have watched both can share their opinions.

nowhereman

Jan 24, 2010
Los Angeles
Pettersson by a very comfortable margin. Tolvanen has slowed down a bit, recently, while Pettersson keeps getting better and better.

He's the best drafted prospect in hockey.

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
Tolvanen.

Plays in a tougher league, against tougher competition and with a tougher schedule, while also being younger than Elias and producing at near PPG pace.

Reactions: datboichoi

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
Pettersson’s production is more impressive even after you account for the “tougher league” stuff (which is exaggerated anyways).

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Petterson is bound to be the next Mats Sundin when he gets comfortable in the NHL. Tolvanen is more likely to be like Johnny Gaudreau.

Petterson would've gone first overall this year if he was 100% NHL ready this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad