Post-Series Talk: Edmonton Oilers Defeat the Vancouver Canucks, 4-3, advance to WCF

Bizzare

May 5, 2013
Silovs was fine, but he was not the Canucks best player in this series. Let in way too many goals, especially from distance. He was “good” overall.

OilerTyler

Disgruntled
Jul 5, 2009
Edmonton
I imagine it's probably one of the lowest shots per game averages of all time in the playoffs. Top 10 I would bet.

The Canucks averaged 20.8 shots per game which is the 6th lowest by a playoff team since they started recording shots in 59-60. They were very, very lucky to get as far as they did. I thought the wheels would fall off way sooner.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
That was one of the worst get your goalie off/6v5 scenarios in NHL history. Just brutal from the Canucks.
No one ever agrees with me, but I think the NHL should tweak the rules to favor a team more when they pull their goalie.

Captain Controversy

Apr 30, 2015
Alberta
How do you have 5 shots beyond the halfway point of the match in a Game 7 on home ice with Owen Wilson in the crowd?

You're playing against the freakin' Oilers, that titanium asteroid worth 10,000 quadrillion dollars would've been able to score on this defence with Skinner in the net. Canucks should be ashamed, they let the worst team in this entire playoffs beat them and not even show up until 3 minutes left. Pathetic.
What? The oilers were the worst team in the playoffs? I'm pretty sure they are top 4..
Give the Canucks some credit, they took the oilers to 7 games with a back up goalie.

Reactions: iCanada

Ninety7

go oil go
Jun 19, 2010
Canada
How do you have 5 shots beyond the halfway point of the match in a Game 7 on home ice with Owen Wilson in the crowd?

You're playing against the freakin' Oilers, that titanium asteroid worth 10,000 quadrillion dollars would've been able to score on this defence with Skinner in the net. Canucks should be ashamed, they let the worst team in this entire playoffs beat them and not even show up until 3 minutes left. Pathetic.

O h there he is!

Solid analysis as usual :)

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Demko likely steals at least 1-2 games in this series if he played the entire thing and came in hot without any injury. Silovs was great but last game he let in a couple softies due to inexperience.

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
Silovs was fine, but he was not the Canucks best player in this series. Let in way too many goals, especially from distance. He was “good” overall.
It’s hard for me to say, for every soft goal he let in, he stopped three cross-seam one timers.

I’m sure Demko would have saved some of the softies that Silovs let in, but I’m also confident that Demko isn’t making some of those saves. At least without injuring himself.

The save on Draisatl and Kulak alone this game were crazy. You can’t really ask for much more from any goaltender, and if you are, the rest of the team really isn’t showing up.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
Playing with them so much, and having a high ozone start % is a massive benefit. Oilers used him to his strengths.

Oh agreed. I just think his weaknesses are smaller than you think.

That being said - the fact that he's better without McDavid or Draisaitl does also come with the caveat that Ceci is maybe the biggest analytics black hole in the league. He tends to sewer every pair he's on every game.

Although that being said - him and Kulak bucked that trend in game 6 / 7, so who knows.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Imagine trying to chrip as a Leafs fan right now. Canucks have the same amount of success in 1 playoff appearance as the Leafs big 4 core. What a joke of a team the leafs are.

Who is the strongest team McDavid and Drai have eliminated in their playoff career?

• Haha
Reactions: Oilhawks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad