Post-Series Talk: Edmonton Oilers Defeat the Vancouver Canucks, 4-3, advance to WCF

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
That was a great season, Canucks still need to develop that killer instinct. But to take EDM to 7 games is a huge success of a season already. Losing Boeser was a nuke to that dressing room. Next year with Demko in net, not letting in point shots galore, it won't be close.

• Haha
Reactions: ManByng

eviohh26

Dec 19, 2017
Victoria BC Canada
I swear the Canucks are the best team in the league when they get momentum late in a game. Come back kings but the oilers when they were on their game were the better team. Battle of a series.
Oilers were the better team overall. Canucks all year did what you just said. Held on for 2 periods then in the 3rd would start playing and come back in many games. Overall our 2nd period all year was such a horrible period. We would just get outplayed and outscored.

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
GG Nucks. What a series, what a season for you guys.
One hell of a series.

That was an absolute battle. The Canucks are a damn good team and that was an amazing defensive effort by the Oilers the last two games.

Great atmosphere in both arenas.

@EpochLink epic series my friend
Well said…

Those Nucks just don’t go away… bodes well for the (fully healthy) future. Solid team.

Shout out to JT Miller and Garland… even I have to admit (to my 8 and 9 year old) that his neck guard is on trend, or should be… they both played an amazing series.

And we’ll take Silovs please… huge “I can do it here too” coming out party for him. He’s going to be a star (somewhere)

Reactions: sepHF and DS7

Diogenes92

Dec 13, 2014
North Vancouver
To be fair they did also often get early leads that they held quite often as well. Their problem seemed to be generating offense consistently in games where they don’t get the bounces. Though I wonder if Tocchet is stifling them a bit creatively until they’re behind late.
The first half of the regular season was as good as any of the team has ever played.

Since then I personally feel they were fighting an uphill battle for most of the last half and playoffs.

This team was very fortunate and had a crazy ability of snowballing momentum into some truly unbelievable comebacks and domination.

I don't think it's sustainable but after seeing what this Canucks team did this season I really don't feel confident predicting anything.

Reactions: Regal

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
Canucks need to shoot more to win hockey game

caught up with them in the end

Yeah gave the Oilers way too much respect.

Game 5 was the blueprint, force the issue, take the body, force them to move it quick, but tonight reverted back to passive play. Expending all energy keeping the Oilers outside only to flip it out, change, and hand EDM's stars possession for another shift.

Credit to EDM though, their PK was massive all series & they played hard defensively when they had too.

eviohh26

Dec 19, 2017
Victoria BC Canada
That was a great season, Canucks still need to develop that killer instinct. But to take EDM to 7 games is a huge success of a season already. Losing Boeser was a nuke to that dressing room. Next year with Demko in net, not letting in point shots galore, it won't be close.
It will still be close. There is no team that is like the Blackhawks or Kings.

647Hockey

May 5, 2024
Since playoffs started, first time listening to Tocchet in interviews. Super cool guy. Talks natural like a normal guy, instead of typical suit and tie coaches who prefer doing garbage PR kind of answers.

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Yeah gave the Oilers way too much respect.

Game 5 was the blueprint, force the issue, take the body, force them to move it quick, but tonight reverted back to passive play. Expending all energy keeping the Oilers outside only to flip it out, change, and hand EDM's stars possession for another shift.

Credit to EDM though, their PK was massive all series & they played hard defensively when they had too.
Game 6 gave Edmonton their confidence back, once they figured that game out they knew what to do.

Up until game 6 you could see the frustration that they couldn’t break through Vancouver.

Reactions: GOilers88

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
Gotta be honest, I really hoped Vancouver would win. But now it's time to cheer for the Oil vs. the Stars.

Reactions: Kerberos

ManByng

It's Me OilTastic
Aug 4, 2009
St. Albert, Alberta
Avs beat winnipeg handidly and beat Hellybuck with ease. What makes you think Avs are bad?? Avs would beat Oilers if they had faced them
They had to get past Dallas and they couldn’t even do that ! The Oilers would have beaten the Avs too because I thought the Avs could be had in the playoffs this year and they were. Oilers in 7 over Dallas !! :stanley:

Kerberos

Hound of Hades
Nov 4, 2021
Oilers barely beat the Canucks minus their starting goalie, their top winger, and with their franchise center having 1 goal in 13 games.

Fun series. But you're going to get smoked by Dallas, and you know it. Enjoy this while it lasts.

Seems like you need a hug.

milk-and-mocha-bear-hug-pwojo4fr0kgawvuy.gif

Reactions: AlbOilFAN

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
They trailed in the series twice. We should have won. Injuries killed us.
How did injuries kill you? You didn't have Demko but Silvos played as good as him.

Boeser, yes. That was one game of the series. The Oilers have been missing Henrique the whole time. He wasn't as good as Boeser but he had built himself up as McDavid's winger/ center. A very smart player

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
This one has to sting for Canuck fans. They had 2 opportunities to advance to the WCF and couldn’t get it done. They just ran out of gas.

GrkFlyersFan

Jul 30, 2011
South Jersey
Who knew this would be the best series of the round? Yeah Edmonton still won as most expected, but Vancouver made them work for it. Play this series again next year, maybe Vancouver wins. Not knowing DeSmith's contract, I can't see Silovs being anything less than backup next year. He's a gamer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad