Post-Series Talk: Edmonton Oilers Defeat the Vancouver Canucks, 4-3, advance to WCF

tabness

GUCCY 🇵🇸
Apr 4, 2014
Does not take score effects into account.

When Oilers scored 2-0 goal the shots on goal were 23-4 for Oilers.

also is wayyy too big on zone time and shot attempts lol

cant score on Skinner if you cant hit the net and just pass on the perimeter

Grifter3511

Nov 3, 2009
Canucks fans should be thrilled with what they saw out of Silovs. The almost-won-with-an-AHL-goalie comments are so sad and disrespectful of his play this series.
Might be worth looking into moving demko for some winger support at some point

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
Why are Canucks fans talking shit still? We lost, it f***ing sucks, but stop making yourselves look like idiots.

We had injuries, yes, it’s part of what happens in the playoffs. It sucks but it isn’t the Oilers fault…

The fact is we had two opportunities to close out this series and we showed up for parts of two periods. THAT is why we lost, stop making stupid excuses.
For half a second whenever I see your avatar and look at it quickly it looks like a Vancouver Canuck logo rug, then I see MSpaint

The better team did not win.
PDO

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
That's why it's called a negotiation though. He can ask for 8m, but he's an RFA with little leverage.

Everyone in the market has been pumping up his leverage all year, but really in the 2nd half he didn't show a ton.

I've actually liked his defensive effort in the playoffs but he's not the OFD the 1st half showed. Just a really solid 3D.

Best course might be taking him to arb & keeping him for 1 more run, doubt he gets an 8M award.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
I've never seen any iteration of any team be able to make crazy comebacks as much as this particular Vancouver team. Even when they were being massively outplayed this season they still found ways to win games and squeeze out points. It was truly an unbelievable thing to watch for me. Twilight zone stuff.

I just don't see how they can keep up that type of play going forward and winning games on the backs of astronomical comebacks.

They need way more depth and a more consistent approach next season. Comebacks are fun for the fans, but not a sustainable strategy.

To be fair they did also often get early leads that they held quite often as well. Their problem seemed to be generating offense consistently in games where they don’t get the bounces. Though I wonder if Tocchet is stifling them a bit creatively until they’re behind late.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Why are Canucks fans talking shit still? We lost, it f***ing sucks, but stop making yourselves look like idiots.

We had injuries, yes, it’s part of what happens in the playoffs. It sucks but it isn’t the Oilers fault…

The fact is we had two opportunities to close out this series and we showed up for parts of two periods. THAT is why we lost, stop making stupid excuses.
Still the initial shock I think.. I would still be talking trash here had the Oilers lost I think. Great series but one team had to move on.
Great on you for making this post

eviohh26

Dec 19, 2017
Victoria BC Canada
Everyone in the market has been pumping up his leverage all year, but really in the 2nd half he didn't show a ton.

I've actually liked his defensive effort in the playoffs but he's not the OFD the 1st half showed. Just a really solid 3D.

Best course might be taking him to arb & keeping him for 1 more run, doubt he gets an 8M award.
His 1st half of the year he was on fire. He had a massive clapper that he just stopped using. I don't really understand what happened. But he looks like a completely different player from the 1st half.

Reactions: Sergei Shirokov

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
They are just a better version of the Oilers. One guy that skates really fast, one really good big guy that supports him. Shaky goaltending. Avs have a far better defence though.
I'll take our top guys over their top guys. Also we didn't have a Nichushkin situation, losing a major player and adding a distraction in the process

FiveFourteenSixOne

5-14-6-1
Sponsor
Jan 28, 2006
Edmonton
Oilers barely beat the Canucks minus their starting goalie, their top winger, and with their franchise center having 1 goal in 13 games.

Fun series. But you're going to get smoked by Dallas, and you know it. Enjoy this while it lasts.

Please tell the doctor where on your posterior you're experiencing such crippling pain, and take these Tylenol 3s.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad