Post-Series Talk: Edmonton Oilers Defeat the Vancouver Canucks, 4-3, advance to WCF

Old Boys Club

Anita Max Wynn
Nov 3, 2013
With the Oilers win today, Corey Perry just hit another performance bonus that will count against Edmonton's cap next year.
Doesn't count because the playoff brackets are skewed. Cap hits don't count in the pacific, compared to the superior Central or the almighty Atlantic.

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
Why are Canucks fans talking shit still? We lost, it f***ing sucks, but stop making yourselves look like idiots.

We had injuries, yes, it’s part of what happens in the playoffs. It sucks but it isn’t the Oilers fault…

The fact is we had two opportunities to close out this series and we showed up for parts of two periods. THAT is why we lost, stop making stupid excuses.

tabness

GUCCY 🇵🇸
Apr 4, 2014
1716264710833.png

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
McDavid was non factor tonight
Draisaitl, same, bad faceoff 38% and 3 shots with 1 assist.

Skinner was a Swiss cheese goalie, if he was slightly decent, it would've been different.

If Cole wasn't a double agent, maybe Vancouver would've had a better chance
Cole saved a goal for Nucks tonight.. that Drai shot in open cage.
That double agent double crossed the Oil..

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
Canuck fans can't blame goaltending. I doubt they could have much better goaltending in the series and the Oilers likely couldn't have had much worse in a 7 game series.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
The Avs aren't as good as the team that won it all. Still great, but there aren't any contenders anymore
They are just a better version of the Oilers. One guy that skates really fast, one really good big guy that supports him. Shaky goaltending. Avs have a far better defence though.

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
Eh depends, they got the space to re-sign Joshua for like 3.5 m then can probably get a couple of top 4 D men for about 5-5.5mil each.

Also from what I've seen a lot of Canucks fans want Hronek to be traded.
Seems like you are getting lots of hometown discounts.

GMs are going to be lining up to give Joshua $4+ million with his regular and playoff performance.

Not sure where you get a solid top four for $5- 5.5 this offseason. For that cash you'll get guys that are closer to 4-5 dmen than 2-3.

AnInjuredJasonZucker

Feb 21, 2014
Here’s hoping the Stars get decent reffing and disembowel the Oilers in 4…….
If the officials call everything as they are supposed to, it won't end well for the Stars. Teams' gameplans are to interfere with McDavid. Maybe Dallas will be able to defend against him within the rules, but the Kings and Canucks were not able to.

Diogenes92

Dec 13, 2014
North Vancouver
I've never seen any iteration of any team be able to make crazy comebacks as much as this particular Vancouver team. Even when they were being massively outplayed this season they still found ways to win games and squeeze out points. It was truly an unbelievable thing to watch for me. Twilight zone stuff.

I just don't see how they can keep up that type of play going forward and winning games on the backs of astronomical comebacks.

They need way more depth and a more consistent approach next season. Comebacks are fun for the fans, but not a sustainable strategy.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Canucks fans should be thrilled with what they saw out of Silovs. The almost won with an AHL goalie comments are so sad and disrespectful of his play this series.

He had some problems with shots from the outside but showed some great promise, which is huge because Demko keeps getting injured. Might be a transition between the two over the rest of Demko’s deal

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
I mean when you don’t get warned or banned there is nothing to disclose. BTW, sorry dude about the series. Hung in there till the end. That slow start cost them.
Game 6 was the turning point, you could see it. They were just drained and physically done. Losing Boeser was the cherry on top of a shit cake this series.
Had Oilers in 5 but at least they went down while being fairly equal to Edmonton in a 7 game series, can’t ask for much more than that given the goalie situation.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad