Post-Series Talk: Edmonton Oilers defeat the LA Kings, 4-1

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
The Kings never learn. Praying Vancouver gets their act together and makes for an entertaining 2nd round. Edmonton would clobber Nashville

Reactions: Summer Rose

flying squirrel

Feb 11, 2019
Congrats to Oilers, and their fans, for making into 2nd rd of NHL playoffs (Best playoffs in sports)

Curious to see how this yrs Oilers team does in later playoff rounds, here they go to answer all that! This version of Oilers are on-the-clock though, and if they don't get over "Cup" hump. Thinking McDavid & others are going somewhere that can unfortunately. Hope Oilers get over hump soon: Oilers are one team hoping an winj "Cup" this year. But... there's so much work left to do and Oilers are 4 wins down, 12 more wins to go for..."The Prize". Good luck Oilers fans!!!!

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Hopefully the refs who were involved in this disgraceful series never ref another playoff game this year. I don't think LA would have won with their officiating, but this has to be some of the worst officiating I've seen in a long time.

They definitely lost control of game 3 and then attempted to tighten the screws on it far too late. I didn't otherwise catch a lot of the series, but I'll take your word for it on the other four games. Not a good look, and I'm usually one to defend the officials.

White Out 902

I'm usually right.
Aug 17, 2017
Cape Breton Island
They definitely lost control of game 3 and then attempted to tighten the screws on it far too late. I didn't otherwise catch a lot of the series, but I'll take your word for it on the other four games. Not a good look, and I'm usually one to defend the officials.
I've never seen an agent like Alan Walsh publicly tweet about how ridiculously officiating was. And like him, I also have no dog in the fight.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
LA wasn't going to win the series, but I absolute hate losing a game like last night, in that fashion. Absolute garbage calls, 6-1 on calls, with 4 of them on LA being absolute bullshit fantasy. I've officiated for 30 years, clearly never at that level, but I'd be absolutely shocked, if those two move on to the 2nd round, that was absolutely embarrassing

Sra1974

Oct 8, 2019
Hopefully the refs who were involved in this disgraceful series never ref another playoff game this year. I don't think LA would have won with their officiating, but this has to be some of the worst officiating I've seen in a long time.
Apparently you never watched the oilers have to play against Vegas last year, or Colorado the year before that, or Anaheim before that.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
I thought 6 or 7 games. Happy it's done early. Happy our potential opponents still have to play each other. Set the tone boys... some nice hits, perhaps a few fights... really hammer each other!

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Congrats to Oilers, and their fans, for making into 2nd rd of NHL playoffs (Best playoffs in sports)

Curious to see how this yrs Oilers team does in later playoff rounds, here they go to answer all that! This version of Oilers are on-the-clock though, and if they don't get over "Cup" hump. Thinking McDavid & others are going somewhere that can unfortunately. Hope Oilers get over hump soon: Oilers are one team hoping an winj "Cup" this year. But... there's so much work left to do and Oilers are 4 wins down, 12 more wins to go for..."The Prize". Good luck Oilers fans!!!!
At the end of the day if they make it back to the Western Finals and lose I don't know how mad anyone can really get

This whole notion that a team is going to win a cup at some point just isn't reality.

The reality is if Connor/Leon think that going to another team is going to give them a better chance then they are sadly mistaken. What are the odds that if either leaves that they'll have another talent as impactful as the other? Unless of course they are willing to go to another team for a massive pay decrease

LeftKinger

Oct 20, 2022
PL Dubois makes no sense. Was he seriously hurt? He gave nothing this series. The Kings gave him everything... a sweet contract and a gentle path to becoming a 1st line centre over the next few years and he gave nothing.
Brother that’s been him all season. No light at the end of that tunnel.

POVERTY

Leafs and Marchand fan
Sep 27, 2017
I'm thinking Edmonton is going to smoke whoever makes it out of that VAN/NSH series. Team looks so good this year. It's tough to recall a better TDL acquisition in recent years than Ekholm has been for them - perfect partner for Bouch.

And my goodness that PLD trade/contract is going to haunt the Kings for a while.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I remember reading an article on a Kings fan site just before the playoffs in which the author suggested that this was the best matchup for LA, that the Oilers were the easiest of their potential opponents. I had a good laugh at it then and it's still amusing this morning.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad