Prospect Info: Edmonton Oilers 2018 Draft Thread: Fallin for Dahlin Edition

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Dahlin is a generational talent at D.

There is also another franchise level D and three franchise level forwards in the Top 5.

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
Adam Boqvist and Quinn Hughes look like good fits. We need guys who can generate offence out of nothing from the back end

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
The only reason why I would want the oilers to get dahlin is to see the reaction from 29 other boards--vegas fans are still just happy to be in the league at this point in time

That would be truly hilarious. I think a Dahlin is what this team is missing. I dont think we are bad enough to stay in the bottom 5 but who knows. Stranger things have happened

48g90a138pts

Jun 30, 2016
Well we're at the quarter pole of the season and I'm really starting to get nervous about making the playoffs. This wasn't supposed to happen. This team just isn't gelling so well this season.

Bottom 6 has been underachieving big time but not to much of a surprise considering their experience.

I didn't think losing Sekera was going to make such a huge impact. Sure a few extra losses but being tied for 28th overall has me rethinking Sekera's value to this team. Don't get me wrong I think Sekera is great and makes a huge impact to our PP, just didn't see us talking draft lottery at this point of the season, or even at any point of this season.

If we are in this position at the end of the year, a clear house cleaning will have to happen behind the bench and front office.

Then unequivocally we'll be looking at adding Dahlin.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
We should look at all players ranked top 6 really.

Dahlin, Tkachuk, and Svechnikov all bring pretty much the complete package as far as size and skill go. The others (Quinn, Boqvist) have some size concerns, and Zadina's top end ceiling is a little questionable.

Sigh. I was just getting used to a year where I didn't have to familiarize myself with the Top 5 picks.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Reactions: Aerrol

Shathar

Jul 23, 2009
Moncton, New Brunswi
This thread looks familiar.....
.... Oh wait. That was falling for Hall. I guess there are only so many words in the english language when you suck as bad as the Oil.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad