Elks: Edmonton Eskimos 2019

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Man, what a day of free agency for the Eskimos. I'm super excited - I think we improved a LOT and I'm so glad Sunderland actually spent money this year versus waiting for guys to come who never end up coming/come too late. Our linebackers look beast level, and with Ellingson, Daniels (if healthy), and Tevaun Smith at receiver, we have a dynamic offence too. We really addressed almost all of our weaknesses in one day - really impressive!

A great day for Brock. This is his team now and there is no more interference from the President.

Still lots of work to do.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Yup, that would be Mr. Edwards--I mean the one who screwed up a lot. Ed can have him.

Orange is a good addition in the D-backfield. If healthy, Thompson is as good as Grymes. After that its real skinny back there. Hightower was o.k. in stretches last year.

Brock says he expects Unamba to play nickel.

——————-—Unamba———————
Orange-Hightower-Adams-Thompson
— Dean -- Reed — SantosKnox —
— Sorensen - Sewell - Bazzie - Boateng —

Edit: ugh, do not try formatting on mobile lol

With Konar, Colquhuon, others rotating in.​

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
I think we can all agree now that Sunderland is better than Tillman was. Took Brock ten minutes to replace his franchise quarterback. Tillman never did.
Hated Tillman, but to be fair, I don't recall this many available QB's in free agency during that time.

MikeGrier99

May 20, 2017
Going to be an exciting season next year. Sounds like Sunderland had a very well thought out strategy for today. If only the Oilers could show some glimmer of aptitude from time to time.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012

——————-—Unamba———————

I don't know about Adams. He has had injury problems and hasn't really been a force back there when healthy. Who will play safety? Hoover or Onyeka?

Konar might have to play as a first stringer to get us up to the required 7 Canadian starter positions. Wow, all of the sudden we have great riches at LB. Also, don't forget about Jones who is also very versatile at the LB spot. He can play the middle or the outside. I like Nick Usher on the D-line- he was the best rookie newcomer to the roster last year.

PositiveCashFlow

Snowmen fall to earth unassembled
Jul 10, 2007

——————-—Unamba———————

Do you have Sorensen on D?

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Some nice additions on paper, but we'll have to see how they gel as a team and we also continue to have a bit of a sketchy defensive backfield. Those will have to come from superior scouting. And then there is the X factor, which is Maas. Not quite ready to get a prime spot to the parade yet.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
Lol best QB out east is Manziel.

Nah, it's Masoli. But point taken. As things stand right now, Hamilton is the only decent looking team out East. Hopefully for Ottawa's sake they can replace some of their departed players. Not sure what the hell happened there today, is the owner refusing to open the cheque book or something? Seems odd with how successful they've been recently.

Some nice additions on paper, but we'll have to see how they gel as a team and we also continue to have a bit of a sketchy defensive backfield. Those will have to come from superior scouting. And then there is the X factor, which is Maas. Not quite ready to get a prime spot to the parade yet.

This is where I'm at. No reason to believe that Maas will not coach this roster down below expectations as he did with good rosters the last three seasons. All that said, I was preparing to witness a 4-14 type of year. All these signings today have me thinking 9-9 or 10-8 might be possible (underachieving, but at least potentially a playoff team).

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I don't know about Adams. He has had injury problems and hasn't really been a force back there when healthy. Who will play safety? Hoover or Onyeka?

Konar might have to play as a first stringer to get us up to the required 7 Canadian starter positions. Wow, all of the sudden we have great riches at LB. Also, don't forget about Jones who is also very versatile at the LB spot. He can play the middle or the outside. I like Nick Usher on the D-line- he was the best rookie newcomer to the roster last year.

From what I'm reading Brock might want Unamba to play safety.

Which means they'll have to start Colquhoun and Konar.

Tyrolean

Feb 1, 2004
Esks secondary and overall defense stunk last year. Hopefully the new additions improve that. Also how come Calgary can hang on to their all star QB for 10 years now and we can;t do more than 6?

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Esks secondary and overall defense stunk last year. Hopefully the new additions improve that. Also how come Calgary can hang on to their all star QB for 10 years now and we can;t do more than 6?
We hung onto Ricky Ray for a decade until we traded him. You lose star players that’s just sports.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Bombers get Willie Jefferson.

Hervey signed seven players today and five of them are former Eskimos.

Mike Reilly
Aaron Grymes
John White
Chris Edwards
Josh Woodman

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad