Elks: Edmonton Eskimo Thread 3.0 : (12 - 6) 3rd in the West - Western Final Vs Calgary up next

Status
Not open for further replies.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
So apparently the reports of Bowman's demise (by some posters) were greatly exaggerated. :nod:

Last edited:

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Can someone explain to me why Maas has his best receiver returning punts?

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Because he's Jason Maas.

Man...then TSN shows a clip of Maas and his absolute dressing down of an Assistant coach. Maas was standing about a foot away from him very animated and yelling (and potentially spitting) in his face.
Many years ago I worked for a boss that thought it was a good idea to yell at staff in front of everybody.
Worst boss I ever had.
There is a term for this...its called a bully.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Man...then TSN shows a clip of Maas and his absolute dressing down of an Assistant coach. Maas was standing about a foot away from him very animated and yelling (and potentially spitting) in his face.
Many years ago I worked for a boss that thought it was a good idea to yell at staff in front of everybody.
Worst boss I ever had.
There is a term for this...its called a bully.
Just went back and saw it. There's a better way to communicate with your assistants than embarrassing him and screaming in his ear. That's awful.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Just went back and saw it. There's a better way to communicate with your assistants than embarrassing him and screaming in his ear. That's awful.

It really is.
I didnt like the fact that Maas was so inexperienced when then signed him but seeing the way he carries himself and acts out on the sidelines I am rapidly losing respect for him.

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
This is what happens when you take away Gable.

But yeah , I do agree , fire that pin head Maas.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Eskimos have done absolutely nothing since the end of the first quarter. In that time they’ve given up 22 straight points. This is the perfect time to switch quarterbacks to see if the other guy can spark what looks like a dead team. Of course, it isn’t happening. Buono has completely outcoached Maas in this game. Happening regularly to him.

Reactions: Mav3rick07

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Well, beautiful catch by Walker but probably a little bit late in coming.

I won't get into this coaching thing again but really even "Mr. Consequences" isn't as stubborn as this guy.

I agree that the X-over route is the way to go but that won't be easy either. Toronto is playing good football lately.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Impressive win for the boys.
Really nice to see Bowman get his groove back. An embarrassment of riches at receiver fort his team heading into the playoffs.

Insta

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2005
Edmonton
Wow what a finish. A big part of the problem is the complete garbage RBs this team has outside of Gable. If Gable isn't playing, you should barely hand off. Force them to cover your elite receivers and use quick outlet passes to the RB if needed where they have a chance in open field to get some yards. When you hand off to a guy that gets 5 yards max, they don't have to respect that anyway and you basically waste a down that you could be using to throw to Walker, Zylstra, Bowman.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Wow what a finish. A big part of the problem is the complete garbage RBs this team has outside of Gable. If Gable isn't playing, you should barely hand off. Force them to cover your elite receivers and use quick outlet passes to the RB if needed where they have a chance in open field to get some yards. When you hand off to a guy that gets 5 yards max, they don't have to respect that anyway and you basically waste a down that you could be using to throw to Walker, Zylstra, Bowman.

Yeah, it was annoying watching them try to force the running game despite having no success with it.

I think they should have used the pass to set up the run.

This OC tries to get too cutesy with his play calling early in games. Look what happens when they actually have to score and go for it on straight forward crossing routes and post patterns. The team has talented receivers - use them FFS.

At least one Edmonton sports team came through in the clutch though. ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad