GDT: Edm @ Sharks 3/24/16 7:30 PM Csn-Ca

BaileyMacTavish

Hockey lovin' wolf
Nov 8, 2010
San Jose
I'm still really miffed about that game.

1. I hate the Oilers
2. They just gave up after being AHEAD. THEY GAVE UP AFTER BEING UP BY 2! WHY.
3. Of course Donskoi got injured, it wouldn't be a total ****show with out it, solidifying my already irrational hatred towards that pathetic franchise.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
That was really bad hockey playing.

I'm kinda confused how a bunch of guys that have never even smelled the playoffs, or maybe caught a faint whiff of it once, can take a night off against that team.

There was a whole lotta talk about getting back at Nurse on the scoreboard, and instead it was a fight and an embarrassing loss on home ice. I think it's obvious now which storyline is more fulfilling.

Same reason it happens in every sport. Sharks took it to them early then let their guard down. Edmonton was relaxed, made some plays, then got confident. Sharks started to press and made mistakes. **** games happen. All can be forgotten if they forget this one and play better going forward.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The last 2 period's were the worst effort I've seen out of this team since probably December.

I'd have a hard time remembering worse in this calendar year.

zombie kopitar

custom title
Jul 3, 2009
Best Coast
It really doesn't matter...they'll be the bottom Pacific team in all likelihood.

What it shows is that this team truly is a functioning unit...when one of their core players are out (Couture, Vlasic), they're just pretty crap
If everyone can get healthy, Jones can get rested, Thornton continues to beast; this team will be freaking scary in the playoffs. Prettayy freaking scary.

Just steal a game in Anaheim, and hope LA gets Nashville (I've said that a few times, and their last meeting confirmed that they just might be their kryptonite). Most optimistic I've been going into the playoffs in years.

But for real though, completely **** 2nd period. Just horrible

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
In case you didn't notice, they are sitting dead last in the conference, and were (until the Sharks game) looking good to get last place in the league.

I will notice that Edmonton didn't win the game. The Sharks stopped playing. They floated out there against ALL lines.

record is irrelevant to the results of a game, especially when that player being injured for a huge chunk of the season had something to do with the record.

you lose vlasic, you can't manage mcdavid, it takes your top line out of the game. losing donsoi takes the 3rd line out of the game which is absolutely a strength of the team. that only leaves the 2nd line which isn't a scoring line for us this season.

that said, the team coherence really collapsed over the last 2 periods.

Coily

Gettin' Jiggy with it
Oct 8, 2008
Redlands
It really doesn't matter...they'll be the bottom Pacific team in all likelihood.

What it shows is that this team truly is a functioning unit...when one of their core players are out (Couture, Vlasic), they're just pretty crap
If everyone can get healthy, Jones can get rested, Thornton continues to beast; this team will be freaking scary in the playoffs. Prettayy freaking scary.

Just steal a game in Anaheim, and hope LA gets Nashville (I've said that a few times, and their last meeting confirmed that they just might be their kryptonite). Most optimistic I've been going into the playoffs in years.

But for real though, completely **** 2nd period. Just horrible

Doubt it. Same was said for the last decade. Maybe if the Sharks actually do something I'll agree.

Episkey

Nitrox
Mar 12, 2013
California
Well, back below .500 at SAP Center. Worst team at home currently in a playoff spot. And it's really not close apart from Boston.

However, if Chicago does fall to the first wild card spot, this could be a blessing in disguise.

drunksage

lol light beer
Jan 13, 2007
Hendertucky-ish
Enough with the fanbase talk. Keep discussion focused on the Sharks or the Oilers, not the Edmonton fans, not the city of Edmonton, not any of that.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
That game was awful. No passion, no urgency, and that third period was boring as hell. I was really hoping they would just take Star Wars Night to the next level and show The Force Awakens on the Scoreboard instead of watching the Sharks because it would have been more entertaining.

I did read that Donskoi went down? I didn't see what happened. I hope he's ok.

Coily

Gettin' Jiggy with it
Oct 8, 2008
Redlands
That game was awful. No passion, no urgency, and that third period was boring as hell. I was really hoping they would just take Star Wars Night to the next level and show The Force Awakens on the Scoreboard instead of watching the Sharks because it would have been more entertaining.

I did read that Donskoi went down? I didn't see what happened. I hope he's ok.

Given they (Peter) wouldn't even talk about Donskoi is probably a bad sign.

Coily

Gettin' Jiggy with it
Oct 8, 2008
Redlands
But they don't talk about most injuries, so what difference does this one make.

He just said "We'll see tomorrow" and moved on. Vlasic and Nieto, he at least gave an update, told everyone they would be out for a while and talked about it. Maybe he was just pissed and wanted to get the interview over with.

Usually you know about an injury without an hour or two. Donskoi left with ~5 minutes in the 2nd period. Plenty of time to know what's going on.

Limekiller

May 16, 2010
SF Bay Area
See, the Blues loss, I didn't mind, since they played well and played hard, and it was just a couple bounces either way that decided it.

This loss. This loss I mind. They ****ing fell asleep after the 1st period. This was AWFUL. The worst game I've seen them play probably since the Arizona loss.

Solmors

<3 Data
May 3, 2010
San Jose
I'm glad I had to work and didn't have to witness that.

How much of this is on Reimer? His stats for the game are atrocious. 16 saves on 21 shots for a .762 sv%. All even strength...

hallhopkinseberle

Jul 14, 2007
london
Those last two period were horrible by you guys. like you guys had 36 giveaways, I don't think Edmonton has ever gotten that many giveaways in a game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad