Confirmed with Link: [EDM/NYR] Oilers Acquire Cam Talbot & 209th For 3 Picks (57th, 79th, & 184th)

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
If I remember right Talbot is very good at handling the puck.

One thing that I found odd hearing from Minny fans in regards to Dubnyk is how calm and composed he was in playing the puck. Now maybe he worked on it while being around Mike Smith, but considering every single bloody goaltender this team has brought in seemed to not just have zero idea, but struggle mightily with handling the puck leads me to thing the system and what they were instructed to do was crap.

Comic Book Guy*

I hope this (but in Oiler colours) remains his mask:

screen-shot-2014-11-03-at-6-24-36-pm.jpg

Who you gonna call? Goalbuster!

McDeathbyCheerios*

One thing that I found odd hearing from Minny fans in regards to Dubnyk is how calm and composed he was in playing the puck. Now maybe he worked on it while being around Mike Smith, but considering every single bloody goaltender this team has brought in seemed to not just have zero idea, but struggle mightily with handling the puck leads me to thing the system and what they were instructed to do was crap.
Dubnyk was always calm in all sides of the game. That's why his name was the Big Easy

Comic Book Guy*

In a recent interview, Dubnyk said himself that he was too erratic and moved too much in net. He credits the 'head trajectory' training for saving his career. It allowed him to be better positioned and he learned to move less in net. At first it seemed counter-intuitive to play less aggressively. However, as time passed, he found that the less you moved, the better you were.

Luckily for the Oilers, Cam Talbot has had 'head trajectory training'. Allaire was a 'head trajectory' disciple in New Yawk. I really hope the goalie coach in Edmonton knows how train Cam with these principles.

McDeathbyCheerios*

In a recent interview, Dubnyk said himself that he was too erratic and moved too much in net. He credits the 'head trajectory' training for saving his career. It allowed him to be better positioned and he learned to move less in net. At first it seemed counter-intuitive to play less aggressively. However, as time passed, he found that the less you moved, the better you were.

Luckily for the Oilers, Cam Talbot has had 'head trajectory training'. Allaire was a 'head trajectory' disciple in New Yawk. I really hope the goalie coach in Edmonton knows how train Cam with these principles.
Nilsson appatently has been doing the same training to great success

kold

Mar 31, 2004
Edmonton

The Oilers goalie coach, Dustin Schwartz, will definitely know how to continue these teachings. He is one of the founders of OR Sports here in edmonton which developed a curriculum around this principle. "Head trajectory" training is nothing new to goalies. Most goalies, when playing well, will naturally lead their movements with their head, shoulders, torso, then feet, to get square and then set for the shots. These guys have put it into teachings with great results.

http://ingoalmag.com/technique/dubnyk-bounces-back-head-trajectory-and-more/

http://ingoalmag.com/news/chat-vaughn-chl-goalie-week-tristan-jarry/

http://www.orsports.com/index.php

PositiveCashFlow

Snowmen fall to earth unassembled
Jul 10, 2007
came here to see if Schwartz was still the goalie coach, and wow we have a LOT of managers, coaches, governors, etc.

Gambl0r83*

Talbot wins his first 5 starts, boasting the highest Save % after 6 games. Everything is looking bright, people are dancing and prancing.
Then he gets injured, along with McDavid against a team such as Anahiem or LA. Typical Oiler ****. We rely on Scrivy and Goaltender rookies again to carry us.
Austin Matthews with Connor McDavid, lol

Oilers10

I hate Dallas Eakins
Dec 4, 2004
Weren't Fasth and Scrivens numbers good as backups on good teams? I don't know much about this guy but can't say I'm that excited yet.

MikeModano9

Oct 27, 2011
Tallahassee
Talbot wins his first 5 starts, boasting the highest Save % after 6 games. Everything is looking bright, people are dancing and prancing.
Then he gets injured, along with McDavid against a team such as Anahiem or LA. Typical Oiler ****. We rely on Scrivy and Goaltender rookies again to carry us.

Why on earth people even post this type of **** is beyond me. It's not funny at all. It's pretty sad actually. I swear some of you would be upset if we pulled ourselves out of the gutter. You'd have nothing to complain about.

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
Weren't Fasth and Scrivens numbers good as backups on good teams? I don't know much about this guy but can't say I'm that excited yet.

I'm pretty sure Fasth had a decent first year and had a rough start to the season that we acquired him. Scrivens are very good for LA but was the 3rd string to Quick and Jones.

Talbot at a time, took the net from Lundqvist and when Hank was down for a month, he took over and played fantastic as they climbed the standings.

I think Cam is much better than Ben and Viktor at the times they were acquired.

Namtsua

Apr 4, 2011
BC
Edmonton has nothing to do with the Ghostbusters.

If he goes with the theme of iconic characters based around where he is playing (Ghostbusters and New York as an example), I'd be down to see him with a Wolverine (X-men) mask (since Wolverine was born in Cold Lake, Alberta)!

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
If he goes with the theme of iconic characters based around where he is playing (Ghostbusters and New York as an example), I'd be down to see him with a Wolverine (X-men) mask (since Wolverine was born in Cold Lake, Alberta)!

That's a pretty solid idea.

MettleMcOiler

5-14-6-1
Mar 9, 2011
Edmonton

1226.gif

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011

Why even bother? Not exactly the most optimisitic person myself, but you must be a treat to deal with on a daily basis. :laugh:

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta

Again, keep those fingers crossed.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005

to be fair it is a lot easier to handle the puck when you dont have 3 forecheckers coming in full speed because of terrible defence.

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton

It's so hilarious that I forgot to laugh.

McTrashBoat

Show me the deed
Nov 28, 2014

YVkHiSt.jpg

Be positive you negative nelly

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad