Waived: [EDM] Neal on Waivers (clears)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
His legs look shot this season. Last year he had two injuries and ended up missing a month. In the play-ins he was faster than ever and was good/great.

Reactions: RattsSSV

The Turtle

Feb 6, 2021
This is spoken like someone who hasn't seen Lucic play since Edmonton. Shockingly, players can have resurgances following a change of scenery and Lucic is doing just that as a complimentary scoring piece for Calgary.

So his passes are reportedly bad, you know, a clean breakaway for either team. I'm sure in the playoffs he must be a terrible passer too...

Ok, that's a one off. I have to admit he does cause some odd-man rushes with his passes...

And he surely can't make smart plays with the puck in the zone to set up a goal

But he isn't a goal scorer at the very least? Right???

Lucic 2-1
Lucic scores goal

Fans need to accept that Lucic might not live up to his contract but he is a bonafide NHL player with Calgary

Don't care about cherry picked examples. The bottom line is he's not putting up close to the 50~ points his contract was signed for and the intimidation factor in the modern p***yfied NHL is non-existent. I'll admit that I obviously don't watch the guy as closely since he was moved but he's been completely invisible when I have which by no coincidence happens far more often then the highlight reel you just posted.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
It doesn't take long for James Neal, these days, to wear out his welcome with teams that he plays for... does it.

Vegas didn't want to re-sign him after 1 year with the team.
Calgary was so desperate to trade him after 1 year with the club that they were willing to take Lucic in exchange.
Edmonton, after 1 year, has placed him of waivers. What an embarrassment for Neal and a zero risk move, unfortunately, by the Oilers.
Oh lord, it was a paper transaction to save cap space. This board sure likes to make something out of nothing. It's worse than a gossip circle, ha ha.

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
Don't care about cherry picked examples. The bottom line is he's not putting up close to the 50~ points his contract was signed for and the intimidation factor in the modern p***yfied NHL is non-existent. I'll admit that I obviously don't watch the guy as closely since he was moved but he's been completely invisible when I have which by no coincidence happens far more often then the highlight reel you just posted.
That was just looking through the last ~20 games and finding plays where he was involved in scoring. The intimidation factor still exists with his forechecking. I'm sure if I went through the season highlight pack I would be able to find the examples where he forces a turnover behind the other teams net and makes a quick pass in front for goals. He's a hot and cold kinda guy who has been more hot and confident in his play recently. Doubt he trends for 50 points (though in a small sample size this season he is ~0.5ppg) but that's not the expectation anymore.

Regardless, this is still a thread about Neal that has been derailed so I don't think it's super necessary to keep going in on Lucic's contributions.

The Turtle

Feb 6, 2021
That was just looking through the last ~20 games and finding plays where he was involved in scoring. The intimidation factor still exists with his forechecking. I'm sure if I went through the season highlight pack I would be able to find the examples where he forces a turnover behind the other teams net and makes a quick pass in front for goals. He's a hot and cold kinda guy who has been more hot and confident in his play recently. Doubt he trends for 50 points (though in a small sample size this season he is ~0.5ppg) but that's not the expectation anymore.

Regardless, this is still a thread about Neal that has been derailed so I don't think it's super necessary to keep going in on Lucic's contributions.

Which might look good from behind rose colored glasses until you take into account sample size and expansion draft protection. Sorry but some of us look at the bigger picture.

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Wishful thinking.

I think that's the most ridiculous thing I've read all day and this forum has loads of it.

? Seems odd given that he would be the Oilers 5th highest scoring forward. Don't you guys always say you need some toughness and jam that can actually contribute offensively? So confusing. Seems like you'd easily want Lucic if he was on waivers. He'd be better than more than half your current forward core.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
? Seems odd given that he would be the Oilers 5th highest scoring forward. Don't you guys always say you need some toughness and jam that can actually contribute offensively? So confusing. Seems like you'd easily want Lucic if he was on waivers. He'd be better than more than half your current forward core.
Lucic might actually get claimed on waivers.

what? No he wouldn’t :biglaugh:

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
He clears and he can also be moved back and forth from the taxi squad for a month I believe. Same thing Toronto did when they waived Spezza.
Yup. Every team waives guys, so the player can either go to the taxi squad. Some guys have been claimed too.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Neal will likely be gone this summer and Lucic in the following summer.

That 3rd round pick though... now that's gonna last forever

Reactions: DFF

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Neal will likely be gone this summer and Lucic in the following summer.

That 3rd round pick though... now that's gonna last forever
Sometimes that 3rd round pick can turn into a pretty good player. In 2020 the Flames drafted d-man Jeremie Poirier in the 3rd rnd and in 2016 they drafted Adam Fox in the 3rd.

I wonder if the Oilers are regretting giving up that pick for Neal?
Capture.JPG

Last edited:

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
LOL wtf, this is such an Alberta thread...:laugh:

"My lift kit is bigger than yours"
"Nah bro bigger tires dog, my truck is taller, this Metal Mulisha sticker adds like 3 extra inches too bro"
"Not part of the lift kit my guy, just Tapout bro, you lost. Nice minivan"

Both idiots fail to realize having a lift kit makes them both lose. Both teams have a bum over paid player so we both lose. Neal seems to be junk on the powerplay, so not sure how the Oilers are doing so well here because he's even worse at evens. On the flip side, not sure how one brags about getting a third round pick AND the more effective player. The third rounder was conditioned on the player being less effective, so you don't get the pick and the more effective player. Oxymoron.

Lot of oxymorons in this thread...or maybe we just drop the 'oxy' part. It's a nuclear waste land, just because you're left alive doesn't mean you win. You still live in a nuclear waste land.

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton
what? No he wouldn’t :biglaugh:
? I just quoted statistics. Lucic has more points than all but 4 oilers forwards (McD, Drai, Yam, RNH). That's it. If you look at the advanced stats it's actually better for Looch. He'd be a top forward on the current oilers roster the way he is producing this season. Hilarious.

Reactions: guzzy

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
Due to peters incompetence of burying him in the bottom six. Funny how that season was the only anomaly in Neal's career.

Only anomaly? The only anomaly in recent memory for Neal was his 11 goals in 14 games to start his stint in Edmonton.. He has been on a downward spiral for a long time now and quite frankly is a complete liability of a hockey player.

3 goals in his last 25 regular season games in Vegas (-13).
7 goals in 63 games in Calgary (-5).
10 goals in his last 50 in Edmonton (-18).

That's 20 goals and a -36 rating in his last 138 regular season games outside of that one "anomaly" of a month where pucks were literally getting bounced in off him on the PP with arguably the two best offensive players in the world.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
LOL wtf, this is such an Alberta thread...:laugh:

"My lift kit is bigger than yours"
"Nah bro bigger tires dog, my truck is taller, this Metal Mulisha sticker adds like 3 extra inches too bro"
"Not part of the lift kit my guy, just Tapout bro, you lost. Nice minivan"

Both idiots fail to realize having a lift kit makes them both lose. Both teams have a bum over paid player so we both lose. Neal seems to be junk on the powerplay, so not sure how the Oilers are doing so well here because he's even worse at evens. On the flip side, not sure how one brags about getting a third round pick AND the more effective player. The third rounder was conditioned on the player being less effective, so you don't get the pick and the more effective player. Oxymoron.

Lot of oxymorons in this thread...or maybe we just drop the 'oxy' part. It's a nuclear waste land, just because you're left alive doesn't mean you win. You still live in a nuclear waste land.

actually there was one month that Neal was a better player. The first month. Mostly because of That one month the flames got the pick.

The Turtle

Feb 6, 2021

Learn what sample size and cap hit are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad