Confirmed with Link: [EDM/LAK] Oilers acquire Ben Scrivens for 3rd round pick

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
Someone mentioned a few posts ago that the pipeline is pretty thin for goalies with the Oilers. Don't forget that the Canucks got Lack and Eriksson from over in Sweden. I suppose that has more to do with pro scouting but still hope that the Oilers can get some good goalies in the system.

Until we show some competence in developing and fine-tuning our goalie prospects, we likely won't be able to woo any Euro prospects like a proven franchise like Chicago can. Time to tie the can to our goalie coach and dump a truckload of money in a successful goalie coach's driveway.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Someone mentioned a few posts ago that the pipeline is pretty thin for goalies with the Oilers. Don't forget that the Canucks got Lack and Eriksson from over in Sweden. I suppose that has more to do with pro scouting but still hope that the Oilers can get some good goalies in the system.

It really has nothing to do with pro scouting. The Oil have been trying to get these Euro goalies as well they just haven't been able to sign any.

Not sure the exact reason why goalies don't want to come here, but maybe it's time to hire a popular Euro goalie scout and have him spend time in Europe with these goalies throughout the year. Show that we have a lot of interest and maybe build some relationships that result in us getting some of the top guns out of Europe.

I do know MacT said something about spending more time on this, whether we have is another story. It's also a bit early for this year as the whole "so and so is the next best thing" doesn't happen quite this early. Be interesting to see in a couple of months if we are tied to any of the top guys.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad