Confirmed Trade: [EDM/LAK] Jussi Jokinen for Michael Cammalleri

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
I wasn't even aware that Mike Cammalleri was still playing.

Also, this seems like a trade that would be HUGE IF TRUE like eight years ago.

HabsQC

Sep 27, 2008
Gatineau, Quebec
Cammalleri mustve been an ass to his teammates in LA. Not saying thats what happened but I remember a little arrogance while he was in montreal. Proud professionnal, a little too cocky.

AlphaBravo

Jan 31, 2015
Yerevan
Not sure if someone has brought this up in the 11 pages of this thread yet, but Blake suggested during an interview in so many words that Cammy basically wanted out. He was not happy with being in the bottom 6 and his usage on the team. Cammy was initially signed to play with Kopitar and Brown on the top line, but because Iafallo developed an amazing chemistry with Kopitar and Brown, Cammy was forced down to the third and fourth lines. It sucks that this trade happened. I thought Cammy showed a lot of skill and promise. He could have clicked with Gaborik and Carter once they came back to the lineup, and made the Kings three line deep. I don't see Jokinen adding anything to this team.

The only thing I am frustrated with this trade is not that we got Jokinen in return (although I would have preferred a really late draft pick instead), but that Blake traded Cammy to a division rival. This is going to come back to bit us. Wasn't there a single eastern conference team, or even a team in the central division that wanted Cammy?

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Cammalleri mustve been an ass to his teammates in LA. Not saying thats what happened but I remember a little arrogance while he was in montreal. Proud professionnal, a little too cocky.
this is based on what?
If we are going baseless then one can say Price is an ass to his teammates in MTL ...

Cammalleri has produced points in only 3 out of 15 games this season. Has only 2 in last 10. Maybe its not about his teammates but his lack of production that got him traded.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
This trade is like buying a cheap 2.00 t shirt and the tag bugging you . So you take it back and exchange it for that 2.19 T shirt in hopes it fits better . Nothing to see here unless one of these player break out big time with their new team

AlphaBravo

Jan 31, 2015
Yerevan
I think there is a lot more upside to Cammy's game, so the Oilers 100% won this trade, especially if they can utilize Cammy in the top 6. I think he can be a 15-20 goal scorer if properly used. Sucks that this happened from a Kings perspective.

bland

Jul 1, 2004
this is based on what?
If we are going baseless then one can say Price is an ass to his teammates in MTL ...

Cammalleri has produced points in only 3 out of 15 games this season. Has only 2 in last 10. Maybe its not about his teammates but his lack of production that got him traded.

He doesn't work hard, and couldn't keep up with the speed of the game. He still views himself as a top-6 player and wouldn't accept anything less. He was a healthy scratch in more games than he contributed points.

The Kings had to get him out of the room. They are trying to rebuild a fragile work ethic that had diminished over the past couple of seasons. They couldn't afford to keep a malcontent around.

Cammalleri is just about done. He can't keep up with pace, and literally all he does is float to the middle of the slot and expect to be fed pucks. That might poach you a few goals, but you cannot afford to have that individual kind of play around if you are trying to get a team environment going.

Reactions: PrinceSexyHenrik

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
for everyone saying that the oilers won this trade, cammy had all 7 of his points in 3 games this season, which means he's had 12 games without a point. jokinen has much better advance stats than cammy. his corsi for is 58.27 percent while cammy's is 43.79 percent. jokinen has a much better corsi for percentage relative to teammates and a much, much higher expected goals for percentage. cammy's pdo is quite high and jokinen's is quite low, which suggests jokinen is unlucky this season.

MoneyHands95

Oct 7, 2017
Calgary
I laugh at every Edmonton fan chirping Calgary for 'needing help from a depreciating hockey vet' with Jagr, They suck absolute shit, and go out and get a knowledgable vet in Cammy.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Jokinen:

CF%: 58.27
Rel CF%: 4.26
xGF: 7.29
xGF%: 72.97

Cammalleri:

CF%: 43.79
Rel CF%: -8.01
xGF: 4.87
xGF%: 43.72

Oilers trading an excellent possession player who's due to break out but is struggling at the moment for immediate offense.

Fair enough I guess

18th on the Oilers in CF% when the score is within 1 goal. All the magic of Jussi's stat line here is from some small sample size ice time when the Oilers were down 2+ goals and the other team was hanging back. Been a weird season so far, and thanks to some sparse deployment and sheltering, Jussi's stats have taken advantage. Nothing really much to see here. From Jussi at least. Not liking those Cammelleri numbers much :)

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Rishaug had a good take on this trade this morning. Cammalleri was brought in to play top six minutes, likely with Kopitar and Brown, but Iafallo won that job. With Iafallo, Pearson and Andreoff in the top 9 for LW, and Brown, Toffoli, Lewis on the right side, and eventually Gaborik returning, it really depends on what type of player you would prefer on your fourth line. An offense first shooter like Cammalleri, or a well-rounded guy who has been struggling offensively but has always been responsible defensively in Jokinen. Makes sense for the Kings in that regard, Jokinen in a checking role should work better.

The Oilers on the other hand, needed Jokinen to produce more, and he wasn't, so why not move him for a guy who, while well past his prime, is still a good shooter and has offensive instincts that Jokinen has never had. Until the last two games, the Oil have been desperate for scoring from their bottom six, with guys like Pakarinen (who I love for is work ethic but has next to no offense in his game), Khaira (who hasn't established himself as a full time option yet) playing third line with Strome, who has also been underachieving, it isn't hard to see that Cammy could be an important upgrade. Cammi - Strome - Slepyshev (when healthy) has a lot more scoring potential than our other bottom six options.

Makes sense for both teams if you think about it.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
I laugh at every Edmonton fan chirping Calgary for 'needing help from a depreciating hockey vet' with Jagr, They suck absolute ****, and go out and get a knowledgable vet in Cammy.
I haven't heard any knowledgable Oiler fans chirp the Flames for getting Jagr. For not filling the 1RW hole in the summer, sure. For playing Jagr above his head, I think I saw one or two guys mention that. But any chirping about Jagr other than that was just chirping to chirp and shouldn't have been taken seriously.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
for everyone saying that the oilers won this trade, cammy had all 7 of his points in 3 games this season, which means he's had 12 games without a point. jokinen has much better advance stats than cammy. his corsi for is 58.27 percent while cammy's is 43.79 percent. jokinen has a much better corsi for percentage relative to teammates and a much, much higher expected goals for percentage. cammy's pdo is quite high and jokinen's is quite low, which suggests jokinen is unlucky this season.
But if you watched him play, you know it wasn't just Jokinen being unlucky, he was too slow to keep up and contribute.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I laugh at every Edmonton fan chirping Calgary for 'needing help from a depreciating hockey vet' with Jagr, They suck absolute ****, and go out and get a knowledgable vet in Cammy.

What the heck are you talking about, Edmonton fans almost to a T were mad the Flames signed Jagr, not chirping. Most of us saw our own needs on RW and wanted to bring Jagr in.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
Cammy should be able to boost one of our PP units, at the very least. So that's adding something to the team. Jokinen has been a 100% non-factor thus far, and I think the 14 games he played for us was long enough to be a fair audition to see if he fit in with us, and he just didn't. Wish him well in LA, as I was happy he signed with us in the summer and thought he'd help our 3rd line, but again it just didn't work out. I know Cammy isn't quite or very close to the player he used to be, but if he can still shoot and has that lethal one-timer that he used to employ to score a lot of his goals, then he should at least help in some areas.

PinSeeker

Really narrowed his eyyyyyyyyyesssssss
Aug 22, 2005
YLW
What the heck are you talking about, Edmonton fans almost to a T were mad the Flames signed Jagr, not chirping. Most of us saw our own needs on RW and wanted to bring Jagr in.
Shhh that does not fit his Oiler bashing narrative. I was jealous as hell when they landed Jagr. Still am.

In terms of Jokinens possession #'s aren't most of them due to score effects of him having a weird spike when we are down 1-2 goals?

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo

Our Corsi in general has been amazing, and it had little-to-nothing to do with Jokinen; I should know, as I'm an actual Oiler fan (and not an Oiler hater like you) and have actually watched most of our games. It's our PDO (and 'puck luck', puck bounces) that has been brutal for us so far, but that should progress to the mean. And yes, we get you don't like the Oilers and wish the team nothing but bad stuff. We 100% get it from all your posts regarding the Oilers. You know, you could give it a rest for one day or so; you do have that choice. Or let negativity eat you up inside if that's your thing. Over a hockey game. That's a very smart and healthy thing to do. So yeah, it's your own mental health so do what you like.

I don't like the Habs at all -- to put it mildly. How many times have I bashed the Habs here, even when they sucked at the start of the year, or for ANYTHING else? Zero. And it's not going to start, because I don't believe in kicking people when they're down, and prefer not to try to put anyone down; it shows an ugly side of a person's character, IMO. Again, you have a choice how you want to project your self and control your intent. Intent matters more than you probably think, but please, by all means, continue the hate machine.

Last edited:

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Our Corsi in general has been amazing, and it had little-to-nothing to do with Jokinen; I should know, as I'm an actual Oiler fan (and not an Oiler hater like you) and have actually watched most of our games. It's our PDO (and 'puck luck', puck bounces) that has been brutal for us so far, but that should progress to the mean. And yes, we get you don't like the Oilers and wish the team nothing but bad stuff. We 100% get it from all your posts regarding the Oilers. You know, you could give it a rest for one day or so; you do have that choice. Or let negativity eat you up inside if that's your thing. Over a hockey game. That's a very smart and healthy thing to do. So yeah, it's your own mental health so do what you like.
how long has a snake been up ur ass? just because i say the oilers didn't win this trade doesn't mean u gotta be arrogant about it. also, how am i an oiler hater? i don't wish bad luck for them. in fact, i hope they finish last this season so they can get a fantastic chance at drafting dahlin.

it seems like ur stressing out more than i am lol

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
how long has a snake been up ur ass? just because i say the oilers didn't win this trade doesn't mean u gotta be arrogant about it. also, how am i an oiler hater? i don't wish bad luck for them. in fact, i hope they finish last this season so they can get a fantastic chance at drafting dahlin.

it seems like ur stressing out more than i am lol

I've wondered the same thing about you (and some others) about your attitude with the Oilers. Please don't insult my intelligence like this. I've seen enough of your posts on the Oilers to know your hatred (or at least a dislike) of the team. Again, do what you wish, though. Was just trying to help, actually. (And read my edited post which you're replying to).

Oh yes, I'm so stressed out after getting a player who I think can actually help us. You so got me there...
Wow.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad