Confirmed Signing with Link: [EDM] F Evander Kane signs with the Oilers (1 year, prorated $2.108696M AAV)

John Johnson

Apr 11, 2019
Oh yes it would have, kane would have went to a team like the Capitals and the oilers would be killed for not getting help for a floundering team.
Meh. Plenty of teams could use him at that cap hit but they didn't want his baggage, and rightfully so. Most people would've probably commended the Oilers for staying away.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
A full NMC? lol
What's the issue? The contract ends this summer. It's just to limit where he goes if we want to trade him. It would be pretty standard. If we trade him, it has to be to a playoff team basically

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
What's the issue? The contract ends this summer. It's just to limit where he goes if we want to trade him. It would be pretty standard. If we trade him, it has to be to a playoff team basically
Because a non playoff team would trade for him? Just seems silly

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
This is a win win situation for the Oilers. t's only for the remainder of the season and the guy can play hockey. He should help them get into the playoffs if he can shake off the rust and quickly get into game shape. I like this move for the Oilers.

Gio4PM

Nov 4, 2014

It’s so they can’t bury his contract by sending him to the minors if it isn’t going well.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Will-bring-the-fire. :clap: One of the best power forwards in the world for the regular season. FINALLY SOME JUSTICE!! :clap: Good deal also.

Saitama

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
Always love an underdog redemption story, hope he proves everyone wrong.
Yeah, I definitely don't like some of the things he's done and I don't want him on the Rangers or the Jets, but I don't think he should suffer for all eternity like some seem to hope. If he can turn his life around, I'd be happy for him to do so. And I don't like the Flames, so him turning things around on the Oilers would be the icing.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
It’s so they can’t bury his contract by sending him to the minors if it isn’t going well.
That's a minor issue. That's a potential 1.1 aav savings so even if we could send him down we would try to trade him.

Its worthwhile to get that 1.1 back but Kane cant force himself on the Oilers. If things go bad, he can get paid to not show up.

BloodRedArmy

Nov 29, 2013
Bytown

No one out of the playoffs is trading for a UFA. Especially not this one.

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
It's a good move for the oil. He will stay on task the next few months without issue. Just don't get sucked into giving him another deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad