Waived: [EDM] F Adam Erne waived by the Oilers (cleared)

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
Man, when I think about a guy always on the cusp, but never getting the big pay day, it's Adam Erne. Feels like has been around forever and bouncing around forever as well.

Reactions: Tryamw

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Man, when I think about a guy always on the cusp, but never getting the big pay day, it's Adam Erne. Feels like has been around forever and bouncing around forever as well.
He got a lot of opportunity on the tank Red Wing teams from a few years ago. This is his 3rd time hitting waivers, all in the last calendar year and second time this season.

He's bounced around Steve Yzerman and Ken Holland managed teams his pro career.

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
He got a lot of opportunity on the tank Red Wing teams from a few years ago. This is his 3rd time hitting waivers, all in the last calendar year and second time this season.

He's bounced around Steve Yzerman and Ken Holland managed teams his pro career.
Yep, I only read about him being in the waivers it seems. Sucks for the guy to be so close, to keep coming back after being waived and all.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
Never really stood out in any way aside from maybe his physical play.
Maybe a team looking for some hits from their #12/13 F will put in a claim.

Reactions: Bring Back Bucky

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
He’s the purest plug I’ve ever seen. I’m not saying that in a bad way - he kind of just exists for 5-8 mins a game. No bad, no good.

I’ll always be baffled that he once led the Wings in goals scored (albeit a shortened season)

Wow, TIL. more of an indictment on that Dead Wings team.

Like you said, he's not horrendous but im surprised at how pedestrian his AHL numbers are when looking at his stats.

Just a .57 PPG in the AHL is surprising.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Wow, TIL. more of an indictment on that Dead Wings team.

Like you said, he's not horrendous but im surprised at how pedestrian his AHL numbers are when looking at his stats.

Just a .57 PPG in the AHL is surprising.
You’d have to go back and check how often he was playing third line which is pretty common for players that are getting developed to be bottom sixers.

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
Wow!!! …. We really sit around and totally think about different things.

I wonder …. 1) Do schedule specific time to think about “ men in the cusps”

2) Does it have to be on a cusp…. Or can it be men on other things (like a horse/ car / boat/ bus )

3) Is it the men you think of first or the cusp.

Either way it’s a good thing we at least have hockey in common and a great board like HFB to discuss hockey.

In with the old / (Perry) Canadian…… And out with the (Almost 30 something American Erne….)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad