Confirmed Signing with Link: [EDM] Dominik Kahun signs with the Oilers (1 year, $975K)

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
I think he has one of the strangest trade patterns over the last few years

Hawks trade him to the Pens for Olli Matta--make sense--Hawks needed a PMD
Pens then flip him to the sabres to get Conor Sheary back--okay makes sense but then the Sabres let him walk for nothing

that last part confuses me--can sabres fans explain it to me?

Reactions: Ignatius

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Over a 30 game sample size. No doubt its an elite line but the best line in the league is reserved for a couple other lines that have maintained their pace for a couple of seasons.

Honestly I won't be shocked if they become the best line in the league - I just think that title is reserved until they prove it over an entire season. Dont care how many Oiler fans want to twist that up.

I don’t know why any Oiler fan would disagree with your posting as it is a honest posting. 30 games just isn’t enough . The great lines prove it season after season .

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005

Pens then flip him to the sabres to get Conor Sheary back--okay makes sense but then the Sabres let him walk for nothing

Taylor Hall

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013

I'm not a Sabres fan but from what I gather, they were concerned about how his arbitration was going to go, and wanted the cap space for other things (or just save cash).

His QO was only 2 million but the arbitration could have been for a lot more.

I'll admit it is possible that there is an issue with the player, but I doubt it. He's just a middling player, not exactly a "core" player. So they are often expendable.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
No line better than Kog-Mackinnon-Rantanen right now.

This line has way more to prove before being the best line in the league.

Landenskog was on the 2nd with Kadri was he not?

Either way Colorado, Boston, Tampa all can roll elite lines. DRY line would have to do it a full season to be classified the best in my book.

Last edited:
Reactions: McSuper

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006

He refused offers from Sabres according to the rumour mill. Wanted more than his 2 million QO and wanted to go arbitration for more. Sabres had negotiated for a while. Sabres then signed Hall and moved on having spent a wad. Of course we do not know if any of this is close to accurate.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Great deal for the Oilers. Kahun is a quality 2-way 3rd liner, who can probably do fine on the 2nd line if that’s where the Oilers deploy him. A bit of a steal at $975K.

Arguably the 3rd best winger on the Oilers?
  1. Nuge (I’m assuming we continue to see Drai primarily at C, Nuge primarily at W)
  2. Yamamoto
  3. Kahun-or-Kassian
  4. Kahun-or-Kassian
  5. ... Ennis maybe? Starts getting real sketchy here

Last edited:

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
As an Oiler fan I agree more time is needed before the DRY line can be crowned the best line in hockey. But they’re a strong contender to earn that title by the end of this coming season.

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
As an Oilers fan, That BOS line is nuts. Just dominate when I watch them.
They have the same problem as the Oilers did when they always kept mcdrai together. Maybe even worse because the Oilers put hopkins on second if they do that , they keep trying to move pasta down but the line only works the way it does with their top three forwards on the same line.

If the oilers played their pp line of hopkins McDavid drai all year it would be better and insane.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad