Confirmed with Link: [EDM/CHI] Keith for Jones and a 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oildrum

Jan 22, 2013
I like to go read other teams forums to get a more non biased opinion on trades. They are all laughing at us for getting fleeced, good to know it's not just us.

I can see the press conference now "He isn't a sexy player but he brings a lot of experience"

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
Waiting on retention.

Happy with the trade honestly, I like adding this player to our room. Guys like McDavid will be stoked.

Happy we didn't give up any promising prospects. Biggest thing for me is retention. And obviously now we need to protect him.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I hated this idea so of course its happening.

My lord. lets trade for some dinosaurs while we're at it Ken Holland.

People act like this is Duncan Keith in prime.

So we acquire this fossil AND give back in trade just so we have to waste a protected spot on him.

"The price you pay" part 2.

Last edited by a moderator:

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Is Shannon just parroting what others have said? Didn’t sound like a done deal yet

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
I don’t think getting Keith is a bad move. He’ll be a good mentor for Bouchard and a good stopgap for Broberg (who hopefully could play 2nd pair minutes 2 years from now)

But there needs to be some retention here. Even just 1 million retained would swing this trade into the win column in my book

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
We keep waiting for retention but it doesn't look like it's happening folks. Holland caved to a guy who had ZERO leverage.

The Oilers always find new ways to embarrass themselves. I guess this is what happens when you hire a dinosaur GM whose best days are long behind them. I eagerly await the 6x6 Hyman contract. Just when they get out from all the bad contracts, they add more. I just don't get it.

Also, you can't even buy out the contract next offseason if he is indeed done. Yeesh

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Deal is fine if there is retention. Never having to watch Jones play defense again is a big plus for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad