Confirmed with Link: [EDM/CAR] Jesse Puljujarvi for Patrik Puistola

Status
Not open for further replies.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
To be fair, I don’t know if you could really say early Cogs had hockey sense. The guy constantly couldn’t follow plays and you’d run out of fingers to count how many times the guy puts himself offside. That said, if there’s one thing he could do ultimately was adapt…something I’m not sure JP can (or willing to). Whether the latter is unwilling by self or agent, that’s not Oilers problem anymore
Early career Cogs was fairly similar to current Yamamoto, but Cogs was faster and carried his center of gravity lower so he didn’t get bodied nearly as often.

I think JP is lacking a few connections from the central processing unit to the hands and feet. Could be from a lack of those repetitive muscle memory building drills when he was younger and could dominate with him size and straight ahead speed. You’d think a guy who’s entire career is hockey, would be able to improve those skills to at least an AHL level over 5-6 seasons. If you could put Sam Gagner’s hands, feet and head on JP’s body you’d have a great hockey player.

Reactions: frag2

OilerTitanFan

Feb 26, 2019
Looking at the 2016 draft, there is nothing much to choose from after JP. Chychrun and McAvoy would be great picks but at the time, this board would have melted down if we used our 4th pick on them.

Despote

Mar 21, 2023
Looking at the 2016 draft, there is nothing much to choose from after JP. Chychrun and McAvoy would be great picks but at the time, this board would have melted down if we used our 4th pick on them.
Having Tkachuk would have been so insane.

Reactions: Coffey

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
It's unfortunate so many seem to be taking so much glee out of his continued struggles though. It's a bad look
I guess the people you are talking about don’t even care about Puljujarvi. For the most part they gave up on the player long ago. I think the ‘glee’ you are detecting is directed at certain JP fans who have subjected this board to several years of insufferable posts. No pity there. Don’t blame them either.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
The Canes fanbase doesn't have the same history with the player Oiler fans do.

It's unfortunate so many seem to be taking so much glee out of his continued struggles though. It's a bad look.
I don't know about "so many" people. A handful maybe on here. lol.

WWKing

Apr 3, 2023
“He’s played really well, just hasn’t been rewarded,” Brind’Amour said on the Finnish winger. “Even tonight, he had a couple of good opportunities and hit the post on one. He’s been around it and been making some good plays, so I think it’s just good for him. You do feel better when you contribute on the score sheet so I think you can see the weights lifted off his shoulders. Everyone judges you by your points. That’s not how we do it. He’s been real effective and that line tonight was perhaps our best line out on the ice and he was a big part of it.”

Last edited:

NotAVacuumSalesman

The Guide And Record Book™
Jun 19, 2017
“He’s played really well, just hasn’t been rewarded,” Brind’Amour said on the Finnish winger. “Even tonight, he had a couple of good opportunities and hit the post on one. He’s been around it and been making some good plays, so I think it’s just good for him. You do feel better when you contribute on the score sheet so I think you can see the weights lifted off his shoulders. Everyone judges you by your points. That’s not how we do it. He’s been real effective and that line tonight was perhaps our best line out on the ice and he was a big part of it.”
I found Kaptah's new account. :laugh:

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Dude has 1 point in 11 games and brindy is going out there saying points don’t matter? He can coddle him and protect him all he wants but Edm did that for years and look what happened. if he couldn’t figure it with the best player since Lemieux does brindy really think jp will suddenly figure it out there? feels like the same situation all over again this time in Carolina. Results matter and sooner or later patience runs thin. 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: frag2 and capazzo

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
A bizarre take. Both Gagner’s and Cogliano’s hockey sense is literally the only thing that kept them in the league after the NHL exposed the limits of their physical tools (Cogs’ speed notwithstanding). They weren’t able to convert their junior success to the big leagues and instead relied on smarts and an ability to adapt in order to stick around.
This is partially why when a coach is harping on you to play two-way hockey you probably should learn it. It may become beneficial at the end of your career if you want to stick it out a couple extra years.

Reactions: rec28

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
100%.
That’s not even a joke. Unfortunately.
It’s so sad too. Imagine showing your face in here under an alias because you want to crow about an assist. One measly assist. That’s exhibit one for why this thread will never die until someone’s mom takes away his internet privileges.

As for Brind’Amour’s comment … I’ve watched large parts of the games Puljujarvi has played in Carolina. No way shape or form could you call that ‘playing really well’. If Brind’Amour had played like that while he was in the league he would have benched himself.

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
Jesse still living in them haters heads rent free, guess he really hasn't moved out of Edmonton fully yet

its like the opposite of the Taylor Hall thread after he got traded, iykyk

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
Sergachev was my guy, a lot of guys wanted Tkachuk.

TKB21

Oct 27, 2013
100%.
That’s not even a joke. Unfortunately.
It’s him for sure. His only three posts are in each of the trade threads for Puljujarvi. One here, one on the mains and one on the canes board, all exactly the same. Is this guy related to him or something? I can’t see how he would be so infatuated with such a nothing player unless he was…

Reactions: capazzo

Barrsy

May 14, 2017
It’s him for sure. His only three posts are in each of the trade threads for Puljujarvi. One here, one on the mains and one on the canes board, all exactly the same. Is this guy related to him or something? I can’t see how he would be so infatuated with such a nothing player unless he was…
Well, its either him, Dusten Nielson,Lowetide or Woodguy.

Barrsy

May 14, 2017
Jesse still living in them haters heads rent free, guess he really hasn't moved out of Edmonton fully yet

its like the opposite of the Taylor Hall thread after he got traded, iykyk
Guess Jesse still livin in the lovers head. Just cant stop themselves from posting

Reactions: frag2
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $4,740.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Monaco vs Clermont Foot