Confirmed Trade: [EDM/ARI] Nick Bjugstad (50% retained), Cam Dineen for Michael Kesselring, 2023 3rd round pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
He had 6 good games at the start of the season, and put up few goals. His 13 AHL goals, are among AHL leaders by D-men, they are the type of numbers Oilers fans did not see since Joey Laleggia....

Laleggia played mostly forward as I recall.

MK is a decent prospect but I hoped for more progression. I said the same about Samorukov.

nturn06

Nov 9, 2017
Laleggia played mostly forward as I recall.

MK is a decent prospect but I hoped for more progression. I said the same about Samorukov.

I think that if you remove MK's first 6 games, his numbers suddenly look pretty bad. So I am not sold that he really has a strong season, the sample size is way to small.

To me, his numbers this year made him perfect to sell high.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015
You got a goalie?
Skinner is growing into the role and a sound goalie. We may be stuck overplaying him a tad more than expected but improvements in defence should pay dividends and help our goalies from getting caved in. Once again, this deadline is a W.

The Oilers weren’t pursuing a goalie in any shape or form this deadline anyways, least of all after committing to both Soup and Stu.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Bouchards defensive game says otherwise. But okey..
They could though make a
Broberg - Ekholm pairing as a more stable 2nd pairing

If you are 6"5 and nake some botttom 6vgoals scoring you probably get A LOT of chances

They still might end up playing Broberg with Ekholm. Bouchard has also seen time with Kulak. Either way Ekholm will anchor a pairing and give us better depth and options.

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
Sorry, but you don’t play in this league for 600 games if you haven’t “moved the needle” at some point.

Also, give me a depth nhl player for this playoff run over a depth prospect any day.

Mcdavid years are finite. No playoff run from this point forward should be wasted.
It ain’t the end of the world but we needed a RH guy who can PK, win faceoffs and have a bit of an edge. We didn’t hand over a kings ransom but I just don’t think Bjugstad checks a single box. Assets out for no discernible benefit. He’s big and shoots right but that’s about all he brings. I liked Kesselring but honestly I was just hoping for a bit better RH forward.

You got a goalie?
How about the one we had in the All-Star game?

Reactions: Matias Maccete

Kelevra

Mar 6, 2007
Kesselingring looking great for the Yotes, another Holland gem of a move. Being an oiler fan is the worst.

Reactions: InTheBox

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
Kesselring has looked solid. Much better than anything I had expected.

There is however an upcoming numbers crunch we have to deal with.

Dumba (who has looked much better the past few weeks)
Durzi (currently hurt, coming back eventually)
Valimaki
Moser
Stetcher (not my favorite player, but the coaching staff seems to love him)
Dermott (he's been a surprise. very solid)
Brown
Kesselring.

I doubt they keep 8. I wouldn't be shocked if he goes back to Tucson when the squad is healthy. But he's absolutely a full timer next season.

Reactions: DustyDangler

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
Kesselring has looked solid. Much better than anything I had expected.

There is however an upcoming numbers crunch we have to deal with.

Dumba (who has looked much better the past few weeks)
Durzi (currently hurt, coming back eventually)
Valimaki
Moser
Stetcher (not my favorite player, but the coaching staff seems to love him)
Dermott (he's been a surprise. very solid)
Brown
Kesselring.

I doubt they keep 8. I wouldn't be shocked if he goes back to Tucson when the squad is healthy. But he's absolutely a full timer next season.
I like Kesselring better than Demott , also better than Dumba .( though when Dumba is in the zone he is not bad ) .. just my opinion .. Dermott looked great early on , but his play has dropped . Alot of our goals against are usually a bad clear out of our zone or out of position by both of those guys.

Napoli

Oct 4, 2023
I like Kesselring better than Demott , also better than Dumba .( though when Dumba is in the zone he is not bad ) .. just my opinion .. Dermott looked great early on , but his play has dropped . Alot of our goals against are usually a bad clear out of our zone or out of position by both of those guys.
Agreed, Kesselring is clear of Dermott from what I've seen.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
I was shocked to realize Cam Dineen is 25 years old only. I have no idea why I thought he was like 32-33 years old.

Reactions: Dominance

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Kesselingring looking great for the Yotes, another Holland gem of a move. Being an oiler fan is the worst.
Yeah those poor oiler fans that get to watch McDavid and Draisatl shred the league night in and night out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad