Confirmed Trade: [EDM/ANA/TBL] Adam Henrique (75% retained), Sam Carrick (50% retained), Ty Taylor, 2024 7th to EDM; 2024 1st, 2025 cond. 5th to ANA; 2026 4th to TBL

LuGBuG

Quack Quack
Mar 16, 2006
Ducks
Maybe because the refs handed you 2 games? If you want to act blind and say those were the right calls then that is probably why you’ve had arguments with Oiler fans that feel robbed.
I mean if that’s what helps you sleep sure.

Acting blind is thinking it’s so clear cut one way you were robbed when anyone with a brain can clearly see it was a goal on the ice and multiple factors from both sides could’ve made that call go either way.

Not here to argue what was a goal and you being eliminated and this is a perfect example so thank you.

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Phase 4 HMV
They've been in "trying to win" mode for over a decade :laugh:
1709764648701.png

giphy.gif

Reactions: McDoused

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
It isn't Henrique. It's Henrique (55 point versatile Swiss army knife) for 1/4th of his contract. Do not underestimate the value of adding this player for 1.4M caphit.
Double max retention does change the calculus of things a bit. I don't know that I would still pay a 1st for a 34-year old guy, even if he's having a relative career year, but again ... that's why these threads exist, everyone offers their opinions, and people discuss back and forth.

Or, in some cases - hopefully not this one [but if someone decides to drop the gloves, ... no, I will not be shocked] - bitch and snipe back and forth.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
I mean it was a pretty terrible call :laugh:
nah, it was 100% the right call. nurse is the one who pushed kesler into talbot to begin with and kesler, being the high IQ vet he was, took full advantage of it. whether he held talbot's pad or not, there's zero chance that goal was going to be overturned. oilers had no one but themselves to blame for blowing a 3 goal lead with a couple minutes left

to think that the league would rig a game in the ducks favor instead of having the biggest up and coming star in the game advance is laughable

• Haha
Reactions: TB12 and Vipers31

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
I've seen hundreds of games of both players, Tanev is the better player. It's very close but he's the more reliable player and his offense is underrated because he doesn't put up points. Ekholm is better offensively but Tanev is superior defensively.
Would be singing a different tune had they got Tanev. Ekholm is by no means a bad defenceman he’s just not a Tanev level “defenceman”” he’s more of a two way defenceman.

Game 7 and your protecting a one goal lead, you take Tanev

Game 7 and you need to score a goal, you take Ekholm

There is a reason Tanev gets regarded as one of the leagues best defensive defenceman

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
nah, it was 100% the right call. nurse is the one who pushed kesler into talbot to begin with and kesler, being the high IQ vet he was, took full advantage of it. whether he held talbot's pad or not, there's zero chance that goal was going to be overturned. oilers had no one but themselves to blame for blowing a 3 goal lead with a couple minutes left

to think that the league would rig a game in the ducks favor instead of having the biggest up and coming star in the game advance is laughable
i didnt say they rigged the game lol, just that it was a terrible call. And yes the Oilers deserved to lose giving up 3 goals like that

But since it's a legit move i'm surprised more players dont hold the goalies pads open when they get pushed into the net, in fact i havent even seen it once since lol

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Phase 4 HMV
Would be singing a different tune had they got Tanev. Ekholm is by no means a bad defenceman he’s just not a Tanev level “defenceman”” he’s more of a two way defenceman.

Game 7 and your protecting a one goal lead, you take Tanev

Game 7 and you need to score a goal, you take Ekholm

There is a reason Tanev gets regarded as one of the leagues best defensive defenceman
Best defensive d-man is actually Adam Pelech

1709765117059.png

• Haha
Reactions: TheUnusedCrayon

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
There's room on this wagon for you friend.

If you stick around we can even watch Will Ferrell get all pouty and sad in round one. 👀
Pretty sure Keanu reeves is a kings fan also…. So look for his sadness also

Aoko

Order has now fallen.
Dec 14, 2017
Oh good, another pick for Tampa to throw in for Hanifin. :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad