Proposal: Edler to Oilers

Not MikeinLangley

Jan 9, 2019
To Edm: Edler & Goldobin
To Van: Puljujarvi, Lucic, 2019 1st.

Chiarelli gets desperate for D and scoring W, and isn't looking beyond this season; Van gets additional 1st pick for 2019, Edler stays close so waives no-trade, buys out Lucic in summer.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Absolutely not. That Lucic contract is awful. For Edler I would rather explore something with Nashville for Fabbro and a 1. Or targeting someone from Tampa.

Plus, with Edmonton on the outside looking in, why the hell would they sell their future for a pending UFA? It makes no sense from either side.

Tables of Stats

Nov 1, 2011
Vancouver, BC
As tempting as that first is Puljujarvi seems to be a complete bust and Lucic is bringing major negative value to this trade. Assuming that this trade is to be made before the TDL and we can't know where your pick is going to end up, I'm going to say you need to add at least Yamamoto to this deal.

CherryToke

Oct 18, 2008
Coquitlam
Absolutely not. That Lucic contract is awful. For Edler I would rather explore something with Nashville for Fabbro and a 1. Or targeting someone from Tampa.

Plus, with Edmonton on the outside looking in, why the hell would they sell their future for a pending UFA? It makes no sense from either side.

Why would Nashville want Edler? :huh:

Things don't need to make sense for the Oilers. I would try to dump Gud on them because you know PC would love to have a big tough stud like him.

Wo Yorfat

dumb person
Nov 7, 2016
Yeah i dislike it quite a bit. Edler for the 1st and pulji isn’t unreasonable. (Since we’re pretending edler would waive for edm). Lucic for goldy is horrific even when you factor in Benning. There’s no way i can imagine lucic coming here without louie going back.

Reactions: Hit the post

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Why would Nashville want Edler? :huh:

Things don't need to make sense for the Oilers. I would try to dump Gud on them because you know PC would love to have a big tough stud like him.

That's a good point. I'd say if they want to beef up their D even more. They're a team that loves overstocking on D.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Id do it if they retain 50% on Lucic

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
To Edm: Edler & Goldobin
To Van: Puljujarvi, Lucic, 2019 1st.

Chiarelli gets desperate for D and scoring W, and isn't looking beyond this season; Van gets additional 1st pick for 2019, Edler stays close so waives no-trade, buys out Lucic in summer.
That trade would virtually ensure that two GM's get fired instead of just one. Chiarelli is already in for the long-drop if the Oilers fail to make the post-season. And if Jimbo makes that deal, he'd be prime candidate for the unemployment line as well.

How much of Francesco's money can you blow on another anvil of a contract like Lucic before the owner steps in?

Reactions: Zippgunn

THE Green Man

Dec 27, 2013
Narnia
That's a good point. I'd say if they want to beef up their D even more. They're a team that loves overstocking on D.
Don't see them going for the fences at the deadline. They have a solid d-core already 5 players deep. Up front they've been able to sustain injuries ridiculously well all year. If anything I see them more going for a bunch of extra depth guys for when injuries do hit. MDZ and Granlund I could see them being in on for depth and versatility.

As for the OP yikes no thanks. Lucic, Eriksson and Gudbrandson on the same team is laughable. That would be 16M in cap on players who can't contribute jack all these days. Honestly take out Edler and Goldobin on our end and add in Gagner and I'd still be hesitant.

Burke's Evil Spirit

Oct 29, 2002
San Francisco

I would love to get Edmonton into the playoffs so Chiarelli lives another day.

...but not at the cost of Lucic on the Canucks.

Edler for Puljujarvi for something? Yeah, I'd be down.

Regress2TheMeme

Mar 14, 2018
Toronto, Boston or Tampa seem like much more likely destinations than the Oilers. Tampa has so much depth they could easily put together an enticing package.

Baby Pettersson

Mar 8, 2014
Saskatoon
I think I'm the only one here that would actually do that.

We'd get a high first. Puljujarvi still has potential. Lucic sucks but maybe his hometown would spark something?

And we can just resign Edler anyways.

I didnt crush any cap numbers however so I dunno how it would work long term.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
take out lucic
I'm not even sure I'd want him if Eriksson went the other way.

As badly overpaid Loui is, at least he's good enough to play on the 4th line. Lucic? Pure trash at this stage of his career (even on a bad team).

Lucic sucks but maybe his hometown would spark something?
Yeah maybe he'll do something stupid on the ice and get suspended for eternity; saves the trouble of him being a healthy scratch.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad