Confirmed with Link: Eddie Pasquale & 159th pick to #Caps for 164th, 192nd picks in 2014 & 7th rd in 2015

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
I was told by someone who went to the draft party that Hutch still has a locker assigned to him in the jets dressing room. Not sure if that is indicative of anything or not, but perhaps the backup choice is already made.

I did not see this myself so I cannot confirm it...

I thought he was told to look for a place in Winnipeg? I guess we need his signature on a contract first though.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
or there sending hutch back :(

...pretend i didn't say that

I was just thinking the same thing. That is almost unthinkable but then so is not doing the CBO with Pavs.

Goalie is the single most important position in hockey and apparently our management not only doesn't get that but can't tell the difference between good & bad.

The potential implication is that they were freeing up the BACKUP position for Helle, while Hutch stays down and we find a FA NHL Backup.
That would fit the announced plan. Make sure there is no competition for the Goat-Lender. Don't resign Montoya as backup. He was too good, created goalie controversy, embarrassed Chevy.

Sounds bitter and ridiculous but in this Pavleconian tale anything is possible.

I definitely understand it but I don't see the point in sending him down unless management brings in a proven 1A option to challenge him.

There is no apparent point to any Jets goaltending decisions so far. Why would you expect that to change?

The way I think it should have been done:
Goat-Lender >> gonzo alonzo!
Resign Montoya
Monty/Hutch in Wpg. reverse that order when indicated by play
Pasquale/Hellebuyck in SJ reverse that order when indicated by play
Resign Beskorowany, play in ECHL

All seats filled by legit prospect. Pasquale projecting as NHL backup. Need to open up a spot for Comrie next year. Cross that bridge next year.

IF they send Hutch down to the AHL this season it may be based on him having more starts to continue his strong development, rather than sitting on the bench most nights watching things happen.

Completely ignoring the fact that there is no NHL goalie in Winnipeg.

one season shouldn't crown a king.

Jeez!!! Look at his record for the last 4 years. He has excelled at every level. This year did not come out of nowhere. He has done the full AHL apprenticeship.

But never mind that. If he flops in Winnipeg he will be doing just what Pavelec is doing. He doesn't have to be a king. He can be the court jester.

There's also Olkinuora who could be playing AHL or ECHL next year. Although he hasn't looked very good in either.

He looked a lot worse than not very good .. at both. I would not waste anymore development effort on him.

This is just more bad goaltending news for Winnipeg. Another sign of faith in Goat-Lender.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad