Series Talk: ECSF: New York Rangers vs. Carolina Hurricanes (NYR Lead 3-2)

Who wins in how many games?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

NorthStar4Canes

Oct 12, 2007
Another step taken on the road to Glory but only halfway there. MSG & Rempe myths debunked but still on the the precipice so more fun to come living with no tomorrows. Today they showed one bite of winning wasn't enough, so they took another even with no PP. It may only make them hungrier and to be better still.

Can't wait to find out, it's why they play the game.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Canes with 2 great wins. They did not give up down 0-3

Hats off to them.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
After losing 3 straight coin flip losses the Canes win their worst game and follow it up with their best game. I still think NYR closes it out but that was a very poor 3rd, almost like once the Canes scored they gave up.

Reactions: JaegerDice

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
RangersTown
After losing 3 straight coin flip losses the Canes win their worst game and follow it up with their best game. I still think NYR closes it out but that was a very poor 3rd, almost like once the Canes scored they gave up.
It was shocking and embarrassing that they took the route they did in this game, and it wasn't only the 3rd, but mostly, yes.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
It was shocking and embarrassing that they took the route they did in this game.

I mean, in fairness, there is another team on the ice trying to dictate play.

Arguing that New York 'took that route' or 'chose' to get dummied in the third is as silly as arguing New York 'chose' to win 3 games by one goal.

Every team would love to win every game by 10+ goals, were it not for that pesky other team on the other side of the rink trying to do the very same.

4 times these two teams smashed against each other to the closest thing you can get to a draw in the playoffs.

Tonight, one team faltered a bit more than either had in previous games.

They didn't 'take the route' of faltering. It was imposed on them.

Reactions: Stickpucker

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
RangersTown
I mean, in fairness, there is another team on the ice trying to dictate play.

Arguing that New York 'took that route' or 'chose' to get dummied in the third is as silly as arguing New York 'chose' to win 3 games by one goal.

Every team would love to win every game by 10+ goals, were it not for that pesky other team on the other side of the rink trying to do the very same.
As it already stated, the Hurricanes came to play and I recognize that. I stand by what I said, the Rangers played poorly, primarily their strategy of sitting back.

Reactions: JaegerDice

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Last I checked in on the game Rangers were moving on after the 2nd period. I came in to wish my condolences to the Canes faithful.

Wtf just happened.

Reactions: Stickpucker

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
As it already stated, the Hurricanes came to play and I recognize that. I stand by what I said, the Rangers played poorly, primarily their strategy of sitting back.
To be fair, the Canes have been the best team in the league since early December and made things far more uncomfortable for the Rangers down the stretch for the division title than they would have ever expected in February. You had to expect they would be able to push back with their backs against the wall

NorthStar4Canes

Oct 12, 2007
Numismatist is the term for a coin collector.

I have no idea what a group of them is called. LOL
They're called a "Pack' because underneath the bespectacled, thoughtful-demeanor facade, when together they're wid animals with parties renowned within the hospitality industry for oceans of booze, babes, and blow. Hotels hate when they come to town because they always try to pay for the inevitable room damages with Canadian quarters and Confederate money.

Last edited:

Novak Djokovic

#24 and counting... #GOAT
Dec 10, 2006
5 on 5, Canes have clearly been the better team this series. That's my eye test, but I don't know what the stats show.

Stay out of the box against the Rangers and they can win every game. And oh, pray that Andersen doesn't crap the bed.

StrawHatEklund

Apr 16, 2024
San Jose
5 on 5, Canes have clearly been the better team this series. That's my eye test, but I don't know what the stats show.

Stay out of the box against the Rangers and they can win every game. And oh, pray that Andersen doesn't crap the bed.
It’s unfortunate they couldn’t win one of those two OT games. They’ve been the better team the last 3 games. And should have won Game 3. Still a tough ask but I wouldn’t be surprised if they force 7 now.

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
RangersTown
To be fair, the Canes have been the best team in the league since early December and made things far more uncomfortable for the Rangers down the stretch for the division title than they would have ever expected in February. You had to expect they would be able to push back with their backs against the wall
I don't disagree with you at all. The Hurricanes came to play and they don't take holidays out there on the ice.
As I said, hats off to them for their total effort and never give up performance.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
I saw this and I was like 'wait, what?' and then I was like 'goddamnit, I always forget about that Flyers comeback in 2010'

Boston turning around and winning the cup the next year took some of the historical significance away. If not for that, blowing a 3-0 series lead and a 3-0 Game 7 lead defines the Chara era.

JoeGarelli

Jun 24, 2013
better team won tonight.. did nyr really think they could just chip the puck out of the zone for 20 minutes? They came out in the third thinking they could just survive the period and win 1-0.. hard to imagine this series not going 7 now.

• Haha
Reactions: Chaos2k7

Nogatco Rd

noble man who is loved by many animal
Apr 3, 2021
Fair enough. But teams come back from 0-3 only 1.9% of the time. Better than that average still is pretty bleak.
Well I guess now you can think of it this way:

Of the 22 teams that have come back to force a game 6 after being down 3-0,

9 out of 22 forced a game 7

Of the 9 that forced game 7,

4 ended up winning the series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad