GDT: ECSF Gm 6 | FLYERS (A) vs. Islanders (H) | Thu., Sep. 3, 2020 | 7:00 pm ET | NBCSN, CBC, SN, TVAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Thanks for confirming you aren't a dentist BP. Unless you're somehow a mage and can make a copy of yourself to conduct your own dental work.

01c294317d7885ec619d520354dbf141.jpg

The closest I ever heard of self-dentistry was from a friend in high school. While he was having his wisdom teeth out, the assistant passed out, causing the dentist to slash the side of my friend's mouth (inner cheek?) with a scalpel. While stitching him up and after unceremoniously carting out the assistant, the dentist said that he had no other assistant so my friend had to assist. He got a discount.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

The closest I ever heard of self-dentistry was from a friend in high school. While he was having his wisdom teeth out, the assistant passed out, causing the dentist to slash the side of my friend's mouth (inner cheek?) with a scalpel. While stitching him up and after unceremoniously carting out the assistant, the dentist said that he had no other assistant so my friend had to assist. He got a discount.

The man who cut out his own appendix.

This one is pretty well known. Not typical dental work though.

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL

Lemming, Lemming,
It’s Lemming of the B.D.A.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I don't think AV has a set "type."
1st year with the Rangers,

lines in the playoffs
Nash - Stepan - Kreider (22)
Hagelin - Richards - Martin St Louis (5'8 180),
Pouilet - Brassard - Zuccarello (5'8 184)
Boyle - Moore - Dorsett
Miller (20), Fast (21) got cameos

defensive pairings
McDonough - Girardi
Staal - Stralman
Moore - Klein
Raphael Diaz, Dylan McIlrath

2nd year
Kreider - Stepan - Fast (22)
Nash - Brassard - Hayes (22)
Hagelin - Moore - St Louis
Glass - Miller (21) - Sheppard
Zuccarello was hurt, only played 5 games
Duclair (19), Stempniak

McDonough - Girardi
Staal - Klein
Yandle - Boyle

3rd year
Zuccarello - Brassard - Nash
Miller - Staal - Lindberg
Kreider - Stepan - Fast
Glass - Moore - Stalberg
Hayes played 3 games, injured?

McDonough played 3 games, Girardi 2
Staal -
Yandle - Klein
Skjei (21) - Boyle
McIlrath, Diaz

4th year
Miller - Hayes - Zuccarello
Vesey - Stepan - Nash
Kreider - Zibanejad -Grabner
Buchnevich/Glass - Lindberg - Fast
Pirri (injured?), Puempel

McDonough - Girardi
Skjei - Smith
Staal - Holden
Klein

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Who wants to bet that AV is keeping Couts being hurt/healthy a secret until the last moment (if Barzal doesn't play because they think Couts is hurt, AV then brings Couts out on the starting line up)? Or am I giving him too much credit?
I don't think any credit is needed in this situation. They're not allowed to talk about injuries necessarily so he doesn't need to talk about it.

Domino666

“20 years away”
Aug 18, 2011
if he is a game time decision he is good to go. there is no acute eye condition that exists where it would be couldn't play because eye trauma as you can imagine is highly polarized.
Yeah the only thing I could think of was maybe there was some swelling around it that made it hard for him to see, BUT I’m glad he didn’t have any serious trauma to the eye

royals119

Jun 12, 2006
West Lawn, PA
if he is a game time decision he is good to go. there is no acute eye condition that exists where it would be couldn't play because eye trauma as you can imagine is highly polarized.
Not exactly sure what you are trying to say here, but certainly there are eye conditions (related to trauma or not) that would be difficult the predict the timeline for ability to play hockey. So it is possible they are going to have someone check his eye at 6:30 and decide if he is playing or not.

I'm only an optometrist, not a dentist, so take my opinion for what it is worth.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Not exactly sure what you are trying to say here, but certainly there are eye conditions (related to trauma or not) that would be difficult the predict the timeline for ability to play hockey. So it is possible they are going to have someone check his eye at 6:30 and decide if he is playing or not.

I'm only an optometrist, not a dentist, so take my opinion for what it is worth.

when comparing eye trauma to say ligment or tendon trauma there is a significant difference i imagine. Acute eye trauma i imagine is highly polarized either it missed the eye or it did not. there is no inbetween. And with an eye the organ itself tells you the condition it is in. Can you see? NO i can can not see. That doesn't sound like a game time decision to me. Can you see ? Yes i can see , again doesn't sound like a gain time decision to me. With tendons and ligaments there is a variety of grades of trauma that determine the severity of the injury , and the tissue itself can't tell you the condition it is in the way the eye can with acute trauma.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad