Post-Game Talk: ECSF GAME 6 - HIBERNATION BEGINS - Florida wins series 4-2

frankiess

Jan 31, 2019
You can't have it both ways, dude. Celebrate going all in when it happened and than a year later put on your 20/20 hindsight vision glasses and complain he used draft picks for something you celebrated when it happened. Sweeney made the right moves in 2023. The players shit the bed along with some seriously questionable coaching errors on Monty.

BTW, I originally was pointing out that a 6th round pick had no value, which it doesn't. You are pulling me into a different conversation. You were gripping about the value of a 6th rd pick and using it on Maroon. I don't know too many GMs who wouldn't pull the trigger on a trade like that. Established player > future 6th rounder every time.

The reason for the acquisition of Maroon falls on freaking Lucic's shoulders. If Lucic didn't do what he did, we wouldn't be talking about how terrible Maroon is these days.

Personally, Monty needs to go. When I saw this team falling apart against the Laffs and some of the decisions Monty was making, it was all on him. That's not even bringing up the fact the Bruins broke the NHL playoff record with 8 TMM penalties in 13 games with 2 in one game.
''BTW, I originally was pointing out that a 6th round pick had no value, which it doesn't.''
Wasn't Maroon a sixth round pick?

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
we should be really good next year.
trade ullmark. lose gryz and forbort.
we will have plenty of cap space.
I would consider trading zacha pasta or mcavoy as well.
mcavoy and pasta big guns who havent stepped up in the playoffs. gojng on at least 5 years now.
Yes, trade Ullmark for sure but the issue is that 10 team no trade clause. New Jersey needs a goalie. Toronto? (I doubt we do that). L.A. desperately wants a goalie but we already know that's a team he said no to (or we are pretty sure). Edmonton if they lose to Vancouver? Maybe, but I wouldn't be surprised if they're on his list too.

It might not be easy to make this happen.

''BTW, I originally was pointing out that a 6th round pick had no value, which it doesn't.''
Wasn't Maroon a sixth round pick?
Did Maroon have any value or did he just talk a lot? He certainly wasn't the Maroon that Tampa or St. Louis had.

Reactions: Bruinfanatic

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
So...Is anybody jumping on another's team bandwagon?
Preference:

1. Oilers (McDavid deserves a cup)
2. Dallas (I still love Seguin, and they're a likable team)
3. Rangers (I'm pretty neutral on them. I don't like Panarin or Trouba, but I do think it's good for the league as a whole if New York wins - more eyes, more revenue, more salary cap space)
4. Vancouver (They're not nearly as annoying and obnoxious as they were 13 years ago. I'm not opposed to that longsuffering fanbase getting one with the current group of players)
Distant 5. Florida (screw the Panthers)

Reactions: BMC and KWbruin

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Preference:

1. Oilers (McDavid deserves a cup)
2. Dallas (I still love Seguin, and they're a likable team)
3. Rangers
(I'm pretty neutral on them. I don't like Panarin or Trouba, but I do think it's good for the league as a whole if New York wins - more eyes, more revenue, more salary cap space)
4. Vancouver (They're not nearly as annoying and obnoxious as they were 13 years ago. I'm not opposed to that longsuffering fanbase getting one with the current group of players)
Distant 5. Florida (screw the Panthers)
I like your top 3.

Reactions: McGarnagle

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
we should be really good next year.
trade ullmark. lose gryz and forbort.
we will have plenty of cap space.
I would consider trading zacha pasta or mcavoy as well.
mcavoy and pasta big guns who havent stepped up in the playoffs. gojng on at least 5 years now.
Trade Pasta ? How anyone can say this is mindboggling .Without him they are a lottery team.Marchand 2nd on team in scoring 43 pts behind him.Pasta had 110 pts

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
So...Is anybody jumping on another's team bandwagon?

I’m rooting for Dallas.

Again I question removing Boquist and Lauko and keeping Maroon And JVR in the line up the entire series. The later were horrid. To keep the GM and vets happy is all I could come up with. Brutal.

In fairness, in Boqvist’s last game he was awful.
And, Lauko scored a goal, so he isn’t scheduled to score one again until December.

GahdenRinkRat

Bruins' Den Mother
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2008
By the Dirty Watah
I’m rooting for Dallas.

In fairness, in Boqvist’s last game he was awful.
And, Lauko scored a goal, so he isn’t scheduled to score one again until December.
Dallas for me also, I can’t bring myself to root for another East team in the finals. Although if it comes down to the Rags versus the Nucks, might have to reconsider :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad