Post-Game Talk: ECSF GAME 6 - HIBERNATION BEGINS - Florida wins series 4-2

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
It's our fault for holding the Bruins to a standard they couldn't meet because we took dumb to understand that the Panthers were the better team.

It feels absurd to say that out loud but that's definitely the take here.

I've seen enough out of debrusk in 9 years.

He's gone. Obviously. But it's scary that other people are what I see and view him as a centerpiece still.

Not a centerpiece, but a good complementary one, who actually shows up in the post season.

Reactions: lextune

RiverbottomChuck

Jul 20, 2018
Washington DC
Sure. Great. And next year there will be another reason to give these guys a pass.

It's not a bad take to say pasta needs to be better.

It's a bad take to say he's been fine.
I didn’t say he’s been fine, I said you shouldn’t trade him when he didn’t have the best showing being centered by Morgan f’ing Geekie.

Reactions: Ladyfan

Festy1986

Apr 23, 2018
Swap last years Boston goaltending with this year and Bruins probably win.
AND.... look at Florida 2023-2024 season, last year they had a downyear, bad regular season. 8th seed team last year! In no way.

Yes. And I said last year that Swayman was the guy and we should of traded Ullmark while his value was at a all time high.

No surprise to me that Swayman is a legitimate number 1.

Reactions: Gordoff

Festy1986

Apr 23, 2018
Just for the record. Without known a single thing the Bruins are gonna do this off-season I can tell you right now they will finish in the top 4 in the conference and maybe even win a playoff series.

Should I be happy about that or should we aim a little higher this time?

the negotiator

Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
I don’t know . After the Bruins game, I watched the avalanche / stars game in its entirety. Honestly, it looked like I had discovered a different hockey league that was at an elite level. The speed and skill of both teams was unbelievable, and it felt like I was watching the game in a higher speed even into the second overtime. Massive infusion of talent needed if we were to compete at that level .
This is so on point

The West plays a different ( better) brand of hockey.....speed, skill and grit all mixed together in a much better product

When I look at the Bs I see deficits in all three categories - there are clearly foundational building blocks in Sway, Pasta and yes McAvoy ....and hopefully Lohrei

Then it gets to a lot of - shall we say - Swiss Army knife players who bring a reasonable game but without a defining characteristic. With the expedition of Jake ( speed) and Marshy( grit) I find it difficult to say which others players have a clear advantage in speed, skill or grit ...individually I like Coyle, Zacha, Geekie et. al. but this is a case where the whole is not greater than the sum of the parts

Should make for a very interesting summer

Reactions: Gordoff and Zillah

RiverbottomChuck

Jul 20, 2018
Washington DC
Just for the record. Without known a single thing the Bruins are gonna do this off-season I can tell you right now they will finish in the top 4 in the conference and maybe even win a playoff series.

Do you only show up to complain? I’ve never seen you post anywhere before.

Bradely

Sep 17, 2021
Panthers made the playoffs on the good graces of the Pens. Down the stretch Florida almost didn’t look like they were even fighting to get in when I watched some of their games.

And they only made it because the pens blew it. And now that same Panthers roster was somehow a mismatch?

Come on
Correct and they had a chance given by Bob becoming Bob to redeem themselves.

Festy1986

Apr 23, 2018
I’m not asking if you are a fan or not, I’m sure you are. But you’re clearly someone that just comes here to be negative.

I don't come here to be negative. I come here during the most important time of the year and commentate on what is unfolding.

Instead of saying I'm bitching, maybe try understanding the perspective that the Bruins have giving me something to bitch about.

Bradely

Sep 17, 2021
Yes. And I said last year that Swayman was the guy and we should of traded Ullmark while his value was at a all time high.

No surprise to me that Swayman is a legitimate number 1.
Last year I was ok with Ullmark getting the net, which was probably a mistake. Swayman is surely above.

Festy1986

Apr 23, 2018
Last year I was ok with Ullmark getting the net, which was probably a mistake. Swayman is surely above.

Yes but they needed to make the move to Swayman a lot sooner. Ullmark showed the year before and you through 4 games of last year's playoffs that he wasn't a playoff goalie.

For whatever reason that is. If they mov eto Swayman for game 6 they win that series and probably the cup.

Reactions: Gordoff

RiverbottomChuck

Jul 20, 2018
Washington DC
I don't come here to be negative. I come here during the most important time of the year and commentate on what is unfolding.

Instead of saying I'm bitching, maybe try understanding the perspective that the Bruins have giving me something to bitch about.
Okay, I won’t interrupt your therapy session anymore. Apologies

• Haha
Reactions: Ladyfan

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario

First or second round exit really isn’t cutting it for me .

Festy1986

Apr 23, 2018
First or second round exit really isn’t cutting it for me .

As it shouldn't. The idea that making the playoffs is the goal and satisfactory seems like mediocrity unbecoming for a original 6.

You're jlnot much better than the Leafs if you truly reflect and are honest about it. The same team everyone is happy to laugh at year in and out over their failures.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
As it shouldn't. The idea that making the playoffs is the goal and satisfactory seems like mediocrity unbecoming for a original 6.

You're jlnot much better than the Leafs if you truly reflect and are honest about it. The same team everyone is happy to laugh at year in and out over their failures.
Leafs we’re probably the only team that the Bruins would have beaten in the first round ,ok maybe the Caps.And if the Leafs we’re missing two of their best players for some of the series,and still really should have won ,and if they had played the first 4 games like the last three,they would have.

frankiess

Jan 31, 2019
You'll be here next year cheering on another early exit talking about how fun the season was.

And I'll be here telling you I told you so.

As always.
The Stanley Cup is really hard to win. The goal/question for the Bruins should be, imo, are they getting closer to the Cup? They've set themselves up, imo, to get closer next year with this years acquisitions and cap money. Now comes the hard part, getting the right players for the team that they want.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad