Post-Game Talk: ECSF GAME 6 - HIBERNATION BEGINS - Florida wins series 4-2

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Merkulov and Lysel are not coming to Boston to play 4th line. They've be useless in that role

82 games seasons are very long. Having a guy who can play all up and down the linup is an important asset to have. And if you don't perform in the regular season it doesn't matter if you are a postseason performer, because you won't be there

There’s still way too many guys above him, provided they bring in the two top 6 guys they need, keep or replace JDB and hopefully bring in some muscle for the 4th line.

Last point….he's terrible in the playoffs, even for a third liner.

No sense in expecting it to change. He is what he is. RS JAG, playoff bust.

For some reason people just want to give him a pass though.

I don’t get it.

Forsling is a very good dman.

He is a quality D man. Just signed extension for 1M less than Lindholm.

He’s OK.

I’d be less annoyed if he blocked a shot to help them win, than him scoring a goal.

Reactions: Gordoff

khanomcat

Jan 22, 2014
Victoria, BC
The Bruins were who we thought they were.
I disagree. Disappointed with the end result, and thought they should have played better in this game, certainly. But I really doubt that most of us would have believed they would get this far in the playoffs if we were asked at the beginning of the season. The turnover in personnel was huge. Given the amount of “star power” on this edition of the team, I don’t think they did too bad. Should be an interesting off-season. Hope we can land a true #1 centre.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
Good night y’all. Tough end but I’m generally happy with the season. Absolutely feels like they squandered an opportunity but I also thought Florida had more skill and toughness. Those can be fixed in the offseason and 2 rounds of playoffs is good for player growth on this team.
Another 82 games and possibly playing leafs in the first round again ( it's the only way) ouch my heart . Gonna buy some pepto stock who owns that company?

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
I disagree. Disappointed with the end result, and thought they should have played better in this game, certainly. But I really doubt that most of us would have believed they would get this far in the playoffs if we were asked at the beginning of the season. The turnover in personnel was huge. Given the amount of “star power” on this edition of the team, I don’t think they did too bad. Should be an interesting off-season. Hope we can land a true #1 centre.
They only got as far as they did due to Nylanders, Matthews situations. People kidding themselces.

MartyLapointe20

Dec 20, 2023
Kind’ve wish pasta ripped that point blank look he had in the slot. Weren’t getting too many chances like that vs FLA. Bob isn’t stopping 1 over his shoulder blade from 88 in tight like that but he elected to slide one over to Marchand that got blocked ….. at the same time - if that pass gets through its a back door tap in. Seemed like guys were making an effort to get 63 touches to bring the house down at some points in this game.

Reactions: KWbruin

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
I'm worried about the offer sheet. Bruins can match, and should match any offer but I'm worried offers for Ullmark from teams on his approved trade list are gonna suck and they're going to look at the draft pick compensation they'd get from a Swayman offersheet and opt to keep Ullmark and take picks. That's the wrong move 1000% but it wouldn't shock me at all if that's what happens.
Jeremy Swayman is not going anywhere.

Reactions: JoeIsAStud

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
I truly do not understand the affinity for the goalie hug that pervades Bruins fandom. Nothing but a reminder of the biggest choke in sports history (2023 first round exit after posting the best record of all time).

As if that wasn't enough, 2024 adds another layer with a $5M black hole riding the pine while Coyle and Zacha impersonate top two centers and the team gets spanked in 6 games by the exact same squad as the previous year, at home, once again. What an absolute nightmare.
This Fla team is much better than last year.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Zacha - XXX - Pastrnak
XXX - XXX - XXX
DeBrusk - Coyle - XXX

That's a lot of holes in the top 9.
They should try to sign Lindholm and Stephenson.

Pasta is (mostly) fine, it's more than no one is scared of Charlie Coyle so they lock down on him. Plus Ekblad and Barkov are elite defensively. With no help or support, Pasta would have to be 1982 Gretzky to do something here.
Ekblad? Guy isn't close to elite.

Reactions: KrugAvoy

khanomcat

Jan 22, 2014
Victoria, BC
This is the way. I'm serious. I rather trade their best players for assets that pay off in 3 years than lose in the first round every year going forward.
I disagree. I’d rather be in the playoffs than not. If we’re in the playoffs, we have a chance. And I don’t want my team to suck for three (or more) years.

Reactions: HustleB

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
Hope Maroon is back. Add some gritty speed in the bottom 6. Lots of guys can go, Sweeney and Monty among them, actually the whole coaching staff can go.
Absolutely not. As much as I agree they need more physicality, he skates 100% in mud. He can’t force a fight with a big hit, he just asks people to go and they just say, nope and skate away. He’s neutralized at that point

CheerstoBeers

Jan 28, 2008
I mean Poitras, Lorhei, Beecher all were able to take jobs from vets. Wotherspoon and Brazeau, too. Merkulov and Lysell will get their chance next year. Not sure what you are going on about.
How about we don't pay guys like Maroon, JVR, Heinen, Shattenkirk, Forbort, Gryz, Peeke, Brown. They all at one time or another were taking spots from youth like Beecher, Lohrei, Brazeau, Lauko etc.... I wanna see the Bruins roster spots be given to guys were developing from within not filling out the roster with warm body has-beens at the expense of our youth. Bruins always have had a history of bumping guys who deserve a shot for redundant vets to round out our roster.

Do I need to explain it more or did ya figure out what I'm going on about? 🤦

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ

View attachment 872645
0bb0702c38ff22ce678db025d718023e.gif

View attachment 872651
View attachment 872654

View attachment 872656

Your trips for this season to Florida are over. Thank you for all you do for us fans.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad