Post-Game Talk: ECSF GAME 6 - HIBERNATION BEGINS - Florida wins series 4-2

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
A few big positives from this run:

Sway is the guy. I had my reservations about the kid being able to take the reins but all my questions and concerns have been answered. Again, give him all the monies.

Lohrei is going to be something special. Monty ffs give him the PP1 keys next year.

Brazeau is that big bottom 6 wing we need. Guy has some hands to go along with that massive reach.
Poitras is gonna make noise next year too. Kids solid.

Reactions: zaYG

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Do you guys follow this team on social media? This hockey club has become a country club. Wives and puppies allowed!

That Florida team has like 9 roster players that are built from dirt and grease..:: reinheirt, eckblad, Barkov, Tkachuk, Bennett, ver-SWAGY, .... the list goes on.. we have a dog biscuit co-lab with Charlie and Charlie called "golden puppy beauties"
That doesn’t bother me. At all. As long as they aren’t carrying great vibe onto the ice

Which they did of course

Reactions: northeastern

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
If Monty doesn’t start Forbort three games in a row, this series probably goes 7.

They won the first of those 3 nd he played well.

He just didn't really have a choice for game 2 as Peeke wasn't ready, and Gryz and Shatty are both unplayable against a team like Florida.

game 3 yes, it was a mistake to take Spoon out for Forbort, but come on they lost that game 6-2. I'm not buying Spoon in for Forbort changes the game that much

Reactions: Gordoff

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
Season was a success, it’s about what I expected. I didn’t think they would be as good in the regular season but i believed they’d get into the playoffs. I thought they would lose in the first round unless they played the Leafs.

Saying that I wouldn’t cloud my thoughts with let’s keep the band together for another run. They need more physicality and talent in the top 6. It’s evident after multiple periods with 1-3 shots on goal. Even tonight they went from mid second period to mid third with 1 shot. They don’t have the talent or tenacity to get in on a hard forecheck and crowd the net. Fl kept most things to the outside. They couldn’t win most board battles either.

Other than Pasta, Carlo, Mac, Lohrei and Swayman, I’d dangle Marchand out there but I know that since he is captain he will be here until retirement. Other than the rest really could come and go and I wouldn’t be upset either way.

So good season but the real work begins this off season with the cap space and plugging some serious holes

TheReal13Linseman

Now accepting BitCoin
Oct 26, 2005
Nation's Capital
1 point in, what 9 playoff games?

if they really want to improve next season, there is no reason to bring him back.

They need talent, not JAG’s.

He’s not good enough to play top 6 and unnecessary and blocking younger guys in the bottom 6.

Honest question…
Who does he play over and why?

Two UFA’s that will likely be brought in
Pasta
Zacha
Marchand
Geekie
Frederic
JDB
Beecher
Brazeau
Poitras
(maybe a third UFA who takes on the Lucic/Maroon role)

That’s 13 forwards he shouldn’t play over for various reasons.

Hes just not a fit.
We got 999 Problems and Heinen ain’t really one

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
You score first at home lost previous 2 games at home and lose this one too . Dont deserve to move on. Just pissed because it's hard to get into playoffs win a round and get here . Oh well go celtics!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad