Post-Game Talk: ECSF GAME 6 - HIBERNATION BEGINS - Florida wins series 4-2

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
Unless he get an offer sheet
I'm worried about the offer sheet. Bruins can match, and should match any offer but I'm worried offers for Ullmark from teams on his approved trade list are gonna suck and they're going to look at the draft pick compensation they'd get from a Swayman offersheet and opt to keep Ullmark and take picks. That's the wrong move 1000% but it wouldn't shock me at all if that's what happens.

Reactions: 4ORRBRUIN

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
How many playoffs does Heinen need to disappear from, before people believe that he’s not a guy you can count on?

There is no reason why he should be back, assuming they don’t entirely screw up this summer.

Ahead of him among forwards.

UFA
UFA
Pasta
Zacha
Marchand
Geekie
Frederic
Coyle
Poitras
JDB/Replacement
Brazeau (better value)

There is no need to waste a spot on him.

Heinen was fine tonight. He played huge on the PK. He made a couple good offensive plays.

Heinen should not be in a top 6 next year, But Heinen should be on the roster.

Bad Bruin

Feb 25, 2024
I reside in Nostalgia
He had 29 goals and 67 points this year. He can certainly still be a second liner next year. He has one year left on his contract, and it will be in Boston, and he is not one of my concerns for next year
Yeah, this year. I’m concerned about trying to build a contender for the next few years using some of the diminishing assets. I can see a big drop off for him next year.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
I honestly see Poitras starting the year in Providence which wouldn’t be a bad thing
The next train to Riverside arrives in 3 minutes the next train to Pete Street arrives in 9 minutes

Can you tell I'm using speech to text?

In the event, let's see how Matt does in training camp with the big club. I'm all for sending him to Providence if that helps him shake off the rust of the injury and helps his overall game.

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
I don't mind losing to that Chicago team. They were hands down the best team that year.
Of course it sucked the way they lost game 6.
But that missed open net in 3OT in game 1 haunts me more.
Krug passing the puck directly onto Andrew Shaw’s stick as he was coming off the bench haunts me more. Chicago was dead in the water that game and that play gave them life. Then Horton’s shoulder popped-out in OT and that was that. Lucic/Krejci/Horton were absolutely dominant up until then. No one had an answer for them. But, of course, playoffs are a war of attrition so. But I digress. One day Boston will win The Cup again and I can cleanse myself of the bitter memories. Hopefully anyway.

Reactions: bruins19

Bread and Circuses

Smile and wave.
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2010
Somewhere in the middle
How many playoffs does Heinen need to disappear from, before people believe that he’s not a guy you can count on?

There is no reason why he should be back, assuming they don’t entirely screw up this summer.

Ahead of him among forwards.

UFA
UFA
Pasta
Zacha
Marchand
Geekie
Frederic
Coyle
Poitras
JDB/Replacement
Brazeau (better value)

There is no need to waste a spot on him.

I think he absolutely helped this roster more than he hurt it, he certainly did better than I anticipated. He's just a solid 3rdish line guy.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
FYI .Pld was a leaf killer when they played Columbus in playoffs a few years ago. I really feel he will find his game here. Hope we get him with necas. Reminds me of Bergy and Dk down the middle. Obviously lite versions of them .

Budddy

Dec 9, 2008
Okanagan
I did respect them until this series. Bunch of divers Fake tough guys that won't answer the bell. Cheap on the dl and won't back it up. Reminds me of those Kostitsyn sisters teams the Habs would roll out
100%... Obviously a good team but the diving and playing innocent all the time..pukes

Reactions: Gordoff

CAW1313

Mar 27, 2021
Macomb, MI
Teams just simply don’t play with the defensive intensity in the RS that they do in the playoffs. Its unsustainable.

Thats why guys like Heinen, Frederic or Geekie can fool people into believing they are 2nd liners for stretches of time.

Then the playoffs hit and everyone finishes their hits, backchecks hard, and plays more conservative and their lack of talent/guts gets exposed.
Yes! Yes! Yes!!! Exactly 10000% accurate.

Reactions: sarge88

SpeedyLazaro

Sponsor
Sep 30, 2008
Boston
Do you guys follow this team on social media? This hockey club has become a country club. Wives and puppies allowed!

That Florida team has like 9 roster players that are built from dirt and grease..:: reinheirt, eckblad, Barkov, Tkachuk, Bennett, ver-SWAGY, .... the list goes on.. we have a dog biscuit co-lab with Charlie and Charlie called "golden puppy beauties"

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
The next train to Riverside arrives in 3 minutes the next train to Pete Street arrives in 9 minutes

Can you tell I'm using speech to text?

In the event, let's see how Matt does in training camp with the big club. I'm all for sending him to Providence if that helps him shake off the rust of the injury and helps his overall game.
He needs to get stronger.

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
I did respect them until this series. Bunch of divers Fake tough guys that won't answer the bell. Cheap on the dl and won't back it up. Reminds me of those Kostitsyn sisters teams the Habs would roll out

I don't entirely disagree. They remind me of some of those Habs diving compilations from the early 2000s. I respect how good they are though.

With that said, I do think a burden of the diving falls on the shoulders of the officials. If they're gonna flop and fall for it every time, they have no reason to stop.

Reactions: Gordoff

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Heinen was fine tonight. He played huge on the PK. He made a couple good offensive plays.

Heinen should not be in a top 6 roe next year, But Heinen should be on the roster.

1 point in, what 9 playoff games?

if they really want to improve next season, there is no reason to bring him back.

They need talent, not JAG’s.

He’s not good enough to play top 6 and unnecessary and blocking younger guys in the bottom 6.

Honest question…
Who does he play over and why?

Two UFA’s that will likely be brought in
Pasta
Zacha
Marchand
Geekie
Frederic
JDB
Beecher
Brazeau
Poitras
(maybe a third UFA who takes on the Lucic/Maroon role)

That’s 13 forwards he shouldn’t play over for various reasons.

Hes just not a fit.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
A few big positives from this run:

Sway is the guy. I had my reservations about the kid being able to take the reins but all my questions and concerns have been answered. Again, give him all the monies.

Lohrei is going to be something special. Monty ffs give him the PP1 keys next year.

Brazeau is that big bottom 6 wing we need. Guy has some hands to go along with that massive reach.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad