Post-Game Talk: ECSF GAME 6 - HIBERNATION BEGINS - Florida wins series 4-2

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
To use an old expression.....

Toronto has too many chiefs and not enough Indians

Bruins have too many Indians and not enough chiefs.
They got one…and when he starts he plays 60 minutes a night. Outside of Swayman I am willing to move on from literally any of them

Reactions: SonnyBoy

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Sure but where does he fit? 3rd line. Look, he’s not going to be a top 6 forward next year. Not for a contender. I’d move on and get some assets.

He had 29 goals and 67 points this year. He can certainly still be a second liner next year. He has one year left on his contract, and it will be in Boston, and he is not one of my concerns for next year

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
Idk what so many people are mad about. This year was a bonafide success. Experts predicted the B's to miss the playoffs before the season. Not only did they get in, they handed Toronto another hilarious first round exit.

Swayman emerged as an elite #1 this run. Let's hope we don't lose him to an offer sheet.

Lohrei looking like an elite offensive defenseman, power play QB of the future. Beecher, Poitras, and Brazeau (I know he's a little older) showing they're NHL caliber players. That's a solid rookie class, and they got some great experience this year, especially the 3 that got to play in the playoffs.

Pasta and McAvoy got some experience as leaders. These tough losses help build character if you can learn from them. I know people will be critical of Pasta not "showing up" but he was literally our only offensive threat, thus drew intense shutdown coverage. He got the game 7 OT winner. He has the capability to perform under pressure. Those wanting to compare to other stars need to take into account the supporting cast other stars have in this round, where as Pasta is a one man show. Easy to game plan around shutting down one guy, that's not his fault.

Tough decision to make on DeBrusk. I personally think our money is better spent elsewhere. Great guy, fine player, but teams getting too attached to their guys is often a losing strategy. He needs a good center to maximize his value on offense and we're not going to give him that here.

Last edited:

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
Maroon was fine, they have much bigger issues to be concerned with. Sweeney obviously realized he had a hole in leadership and made the move for Maroon. Sign him for 1M and he plays 40 games next year but is still a dressing room leader.

Brandon Duhaime and Kiefer Sherwood are my ideal 4th line wings, both very fast, consistant hitters, Duhaime a good fighter and Sherwood will also scrap. Both can score 10 goals. With Beecher on that line it becomes a big, fast, physical line that should pin defenses in their zone.

Second paragraph I agree with but the first, Maroon was hardly fine. If the Bruins bring him back as a player it would be absurd!

Maroon was one of two forwards without a hit this game. Not even one! Yet another game no shots on goal. No forecheck. Invisible. He had two good games the entire playoffs and one was game 1 vs Toronto.
He is done and Sweeney at his level should have found a better option or left Lauko to play.

1 shot total last 6 games.
1 hit total last two games.
Absolutely nothing added.

Lauko would have been a substantial upgrade with hockey.

northeastern

Apr 16, 2009
boston
The team played hard, just didn't get the bounces in the end. I thought they matched up physically but skill wise, they're a step behind some of the top end teams in the league.

Get a real #1 center and another scoring threat on the wing

I think center is the real problem, they aren't bad on the wings but you dont win in the playoffs building from the wings in. I still think macavoy can play, pasta and marchand are solid, but this team has no centers that can drive the play, and thats a huge problem. Two 2/3 centers can't get you to the cup, need to upgrade.

Lorhei is a big question mark on the back end, if he progresses like we all hope I think the needs are center and depth

Reactions: KillerMillerTime

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
you gotta give Merk a chance to center a line IMO. Lysell and Poitras can fight it out for a RW spot. Nothing left in the A for Merk to do, so give him a big shot.

My only worry with that is what happens if he doesn’t cut it?

I really think they need to get 2 centers and allow Coyle to move to 3C and Zacha to 1LW.

Perfect world, for me. Lindholm and Stephenson.

Zaxha Lindholm Pasta
Marchand Stephenson JDB
Frederic Coyle Geekie

Unlikely, I know.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad