Post-Game Talk: ECSF GAME 6 - HIBERNATION BEGINS - Florida wins series 4-2

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
He didn't exactly have prime Bergeron and Krejci centering him, so that could have something to do with it, He did his best with what he had IMO.
Exactly, when did anyone ever get him the puck in prime scoring areas in the o-zone (other than Mac force-feeding him on the PP)? He literally has to do all the work himself. Can you imagine prime Savy feeding him lol. Mind you, he scores on his breakaway might have been a different story, alas.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
I’m moving on. You really need to rebuild this core and Marchy has taken a beating all these years. It’s called asset management, some team with a hole in their lineup would give you couple of good pieces.
I’m looking to rebuild this team isn’t a piece or two away from winning next year
Marchand isn’t really core anymore IMO. It’s Mac, Pasta, and Sway’s team going forward. Need to build around them and find the right guys. Marchy can play for my team as long as he wants though, within reason on the contract of course.

Bread and Circuses

Smile and wave.
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2010
Somewhere in the middle
I expected Maroon to be borderline worthless but he managed to miss even that expectation.

Depth low end players impact games as well. Remember Thornton-Campbell-Paille winning games against NYR a decade ago? 2011 vs Vancouver?

The version of 4th lines Montgomery was limited to due to Maroon was the opposite of impactful and often a negative, rarely neutral, and extremely rarely positive.

Maroon is by far the slowest and worst player in the NHL at this point, yet he played every game.

I don't blame Maroon as much as I do Lucic here but I digress.....

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
I expected Maroon to be borderline worthless but he managed to miss even that expectation.

Depth low end players impact games as well. Remember Thornton-Campbell-Paille winning games against NYR a decade ago? 2011 vs Vancouver?

The version of 4th lines Montgomery was limited to due to Maroon was the opposite of impactful and often a negative, rarely neutral, and extremely rarely positive.

Maroon is by far the slowest and worst player in the NHL at this point, yet he played every game.
Maroon was fine, they have much bigger issues to be concerned with. Sweeney obviously realized he had a hole in leadership and made the move for Maroon. Sign him for 1M and he plays 40 games next year but is still a dressing room leader.

Brandon Duhaime and Kiefer Sherwood are my ideal 4th line wings, both very fast, consistant hitters, Duhaime a good fighter and Sherwood will also scrap. Both can score 10 goals. With Beecher on that line it becomes a big, fast, physical line that should pin defenses in their zone.

trenton1

Bergeron for Hart
Dec 19, 2003
Loge 31 Row 10
Considering we lost Bergeron, Krejci, Hall, Orlov, and Bertuzzi and replaced them all with lesser tier players, our "league worst" prospect pool had Lohrei, Beecher, Poitras, and Brazeau show they are NHL level talent, Swayman showing he is capable of being a top 5 goalie in the league, and us making Toronto collapse and choke again in an epic game 7, and not rolling over and dying down 3-1 to Florida who was a mjch better team I consider this season an A-. Sad ending but not disappointed in this team overall
And this team actually had more playoff wins than last year. Bruins well positioned now for next season and that's been a rare statement since 2014.

Reactions: pearljamvs5

Bad Bruin

Feb 25, 2024
I reside in Nostalgia
Oh wow he wasn’t a monster in a game he probably played in concussed? Shockerrrrrrrr

He is so far from cooked, he’s a huge reason they beat Toronto. Now he’s not an elite player anymore, but that’s very different than being cooked
Oooh he stepped up against Toronto. He could do that in his 40’s I bet. He was made irrelevant against Florida. I’m not interested in running a retirement home for the Aged and Once Great. We aren’t winning shit without some major change.

• Haha
Reactions: Carbonated Puck

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
So happy Florida had to answer for wrecking the captain with a cheap shot

But nah, can’t afford to take THAT penalty. Three horrible penalties on your final game of the season, and the revenge isn’t even part of it.

Bad Bruin

Feb 25, 2024
I reside in Nostalgia
Marchand isn’t really core anymore IMO. It’s Mac, Pasta, and Sway’s team going forward. Need to build around them and find the right guys. Marchy can play for my team as long as he wants though, within reason on the contract of course.
Sure but where does he fit? 3rd line. Look, he’s not going to be a top 6 forward next year. Not for a contender. I’d move on and get some assets.

BamBamCam

Apr 12, 2011
Crowsnest Pass AB
Things I saw this season:
Too many men penalties
Can't score on the powerplay
Can't win a faceoff
No #1 or 2 Center
No cap space.
#73 Makes too much $$ for what he brings.
Looks to me that most of this falls on the Management(Sweeney) And Coaching Sacco and Kelly along with Monty.
I'd also be disappointed if Sweeney doesn't even at least look what McAvoy could bring.

Reactions: Gordoff

NeelyOrr

Dec 23, 2018
Central NY
What was excuse last season? Hey Butch did more and got fired.Anyhow I don't care what they do with him but don't complain if you see him doing same thing next playoffs.
Taking this weak BRUINS team to the 6th game of the 2nd round. And w/o much of anything from the supposedly 2 best offensive players. I doubt I'll complain about his coaching.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad