Post-Game Talk: ECSF GAME 6 - HIBERNATION BEGINS - Florida wins series 4-2

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
Again pick on the depth low end players, What did you expect from him?

I expected Maroon to be borderline worthless but he managed to miss even that expectation.

Depth low end players impact games as well. Remember Thornton-Campbell-Paille winning games against NYR a decade ago? 2011 vs Vancouver?

The version of 4th lines Montgomery was limited to due to Maroon was the opposite of impactful and often a negative, rarely neutral, and extremely rarely positive.

Maroon is by far the slowest and worst player in the NHL at this point, yet he played every game.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
It's a valid question because wtf happened to regular season Pasta?

If that guy showed up? We win.

So if he's hurt. It would explain him having zero awareness. Bambi on his skates. Falling all over the ice. Passes to nowhere.

It's baffling. He's our best player. And he didn't show up except that game vs Toronto. That's it. We need more from him. And I think he knows that.

Teams just simply don’t play with the defensive intensity in the RS that they do in the playoffs. Its unsustainable.

Thats why guys like Heinen, Frederic or Geekie can fool people into believing they are 2nd liners for stretches of time.

Then the playoffs hit and everyone finishes their hits, backchecks hard, and plays more conservative and their lack of talent/guts gets exposed.

Last edited:

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Doubtful it'll happen but it's really time for a change right from the top. Time for Neely/Sweeny combo to go, get some fresh faces and some fresh thinking. Just not working for a long time now and this last off season and trade deadline were a gigantic failure.... Get Swayman signed, trade Ullmark, we have a ton of dead weight to shed, go find a true #1 and #2 center to start and retool with the core and the youth. Stop bringing in washed up guys like JVR, Maroon, Shattenkirk etc and give the youth a real solid shot and chance to succeed.

I mean Poitras, Lorhei, Beecher all were able to take jobs from vets. Wotherspoon and Brazeau, too. Merkulov and Lysell will get their chance next year. Not sure what you are going on about.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
He was a liability with the puck on his stick in the offensive zone. He couldn’t win a puck battle all night. Face it, next year isn’t going to be any better.
Oh wow he wasn’t a monster in a game he probably played in concussed? Shockerrrrrrrr

He is so far from cooked, he’s a huge reason they beat Toronto. Now he’s not an elite player anymore, but that’s very different than being cooked

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Get him some help, he's a fing stud that is playing too much and takes a beating every shift , but equally dishes it out.

People give Pasta a pass, lets do the same with Charlie, PP PK on the ice 1/3 of the game.

Not a team in the league he wouldn't be in the top pair
He is a RD man, he ain't playing ahead of Fox.

Reactions: BamBamCam

KrugAvoy

Aug 11, 2017
Lowell
Considering we lost Bergeron, Krejci, Hall, Orlov, and Bertuzzi and replaced them all with lesser tier players, our "league worst" prospect pool had Lohrei, Beecher, Poitras, and Brazeau show they are NHL level talent, Swayman showing he is capable of being a top 5 goalie in the league, and us making Toronto collapse and choke again in an epic game 7, and not rolling over and dying down 3-1 to Florida who was a mjch better team I consider this season an A-. Sad ending but not disappointed in this team overall

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
I know 2015 draft dead horse has been beaten to dust at this point but drafting Senyshyn over Barzal is really biting them in the ass these days
Eh, he outsmarted himself in the first round, should have played it safe. He hit on Carlo and Lauzon in round two, and then killed the first and second round in 2016.

Reactions: Clode

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
trade McAvoy while you can before his NMC kicks in
honestly, that guy is a joke even remotely to be mentioned in a Norris trophy conversation
all he can do is make a stupid pass

also, fire Sweeney and Montgomery
This feels like the same kind of take as "Brady's cooked" backed in 2013 lol.

Bad Bruin

Feb 25, 2024
I reside in Nostalgia
He had 67 points in the regular season, and 10 points in 11 games in the playoffs. He’s still pretty good
I’m moving on. You really need to rebuild this core and Marchy has taken a beating all these years. It’s called asset management, some team with a hole in their lineup would give you couple of good pieces.
I’m looking to rebuild this team isn’t a piece or two away from winning next year

• Haha
Reactions: Carbonated Puck

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad