Post-Game Talk: ECSF GAME 6 - HIBERNATION BEGINS - Florida wins series 4-2

Braunbaer

May 21, 2012
It's a valid question because wtf happened to regular season Pasta?

If that guy showed up? We win.

So if he's hurt. It would explain him having zero awareness. Bambi on his skates. Falling all over the ice. Passes to nowhere.

It's baffling. He's our best player. And he didn't show up except that game vs Toronto. That's it. We need more from him. And I think he knows that.
He is the only elite player in a team full of 3rd and 4th-liners.
You shut him down and you have very good chances to win. And Florida knew that.

You can't expect one player to single-handedly carry the team's offense.

It's like those times where the perfection line was the only line who could score.
But this time there is even no prime Marchand and no Bergeron.

That being said, I do think he needs to be better.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
He’s got one year left and he had a hell of a year coming off double hip surgery. Marchy’s got at least 2 seasons left with the Olympics looming in 2026.
I was just questioning where he was in the lineup that the other poster had for next season.

Reactions: Alicat

The Murph

Feb 25, 2018
Maroon was a waste of a lineup spot. Tonight he barely moved. I understand the concept of getting him, he’s just no longer that guy, patrolling the red line and looking menacing during pregame skate does not win games. The short cameo was enough, time to move along.

He was the worst player by far. Everything he did was in slow-mo, and barely ever actually skated. He just coasted around and yapped when he had any chance. Definitely should not be back.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
Goes to show how important Taylor Hall was for the Bruins last season. It's not Pastrnak's game nor anyone on his line's.

Thankfully Sweeney kept Gryz, Ullmark, Forbort etc.

End of the day the roster was not built on speed, skill, or toughness.

The PP was especially dreadful but no one could pass to Pastrnak so he carried the puck instead of shooting.

McAvoy had to decide whether to pass to JVR or Geekie, and while deciding he turned it over.

Sweeney's final test is this offseason but barring a miracle he can at last move on.

Reactions: Gordoff and BTO

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
This doesn't hurt as much as 2019 did.

2019 I had to take my mental aspect out of it that I can no longer get myself worked up over a hockey team. That took something from me. Soul crushing.

2013 was and still is mindblowing, castle crumbling, heartbreak.
Quenville out-coached Clode in 2013
Berube out-whined Butch in 2019
This season we got more than most of us expected

..although I'm not too happy with some of our big money players who didn't produce

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
A 9.5 M dman and can't run the #1 PP? That doesn't sound like a 9.5M dman.
Get him some help, he's a fing stud that is playing too much and takes a beating every shift , but equally dishes it out.

People give Pasta a pass, lets do the same with Charlie, PP PK on the ice 1/3 of the game.

Not a team in the league he wouldn't be in the top pair

NeelyOrr

Dec 23, 2018
Central NY

It's like those times where the perfection line was the only line who could score.

Please don't abuse the word 'elite.'

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617

Toronto shut him down too.

But he had a lot of opportunities to score and just looked off.

I have to believe he's injured

• Haha
Reactions: Ladyfan

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
I like McAvoy but he is not a,# 1 pp QB.Forcing that based on what he makes my guess
I agree. He is not a power play quarterback. That's just not who he is. So if you're going to do it put him on unit 2 and make Lohrei the number one guy. He obviously has the aptitude for that role.

Looking forward to Mason's growth. He's going to be a good one.

Beyond that, invaluable playoff experience for Lohrei, Peeke, Wotherspoon, Brazeau, Beecher; superlative play from your present & future #1 goaltender. (He is going to get PAID.)

Don't forget #51 either.

A lot of work to be done, but definite bright spots. Contracts to unload, trades to be made, a true number one center to sign.

I wish they would move on from Montgomery, Sweeney and Neely.

But let's stick to obtainable goals.

Last edited:

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Thought wotherspoon was scary bad tonight. He has no puck skills. Most of our D were on their heels rimming it around or going off the glass like peewee hockey. Would’ve taken shattenkirk over him just for another guy that can make a clean break out pass or something that leads to play.

Spoons is a 7/8 on a cup contender

Reactions: LouJersey

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Brad Marchand will make that team even if it is in a limited role. He’s represented Canada at every major tournament except for the Olympics. He will be on that team in 2026.
Might be there but I can name lots of players that could be there with way more younger legs and same skill set at this pt in his career.Talking 2 years here

Reactions: Gordoff

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
He was a liability with the puck on his stick in the offensive zone. He couldn’t win a puck battle all night. Face it, next year isn’t going to be any better.
He shouldn’t have played tonight but he did what every captain before him has done. I have no problem with him playing tonight. He can’t do it alone and that needs to be a focus in the offseason.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
i think the B's learned a lot in this run. Sway can be The Man. Lohrei is for real. Beecher is going to be a contributor in the bottom 6 but needs reps badly.

Going to need at least one of Poitras, Lysell or Merkulov to step in next year.
Poitras is the only one of those three I see making the team. I think Merkulov and Lysell could get packaged this off-season to upgrade the forwards.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad