BRUINS GDT ECSF GAME 6 7:11 PM - THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE HOME - TNT, truTV, CBC, SN, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM - Sunrise leads series 3-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheReal13Linseman

Now accepting BitCoin
Oct 26, 2005
Nation's Capital
Pasta was mostly invisible because he doesn't have first line talent on his line... Hard to carry a line by yourself the majority of the time and do it all yourself. Time to shed the massive amount of dead weight we're carrying and go get some real talent on your top 2 lines. Start with a real #1 center please.
He needs to score on a breakaway in a game 6. Sorry.

KWbruin

May 29, 2019
Kitchener, ON
Good year. In a transition year we finished top five in league and went to 6 in second round. The young core will learn; we got cap space.. we got some promise in youngins… and some folks said at start of year we weren’t gonnaa make playoffs

Loved seeing Monty continue to put out Lohrei, Beecher, Peake, Wotherspoon, Brazeau. Invaluable experience. 👍

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Swayman having a Conn Smythe level performance to carry them until the very last shot where an unbelievably soft goal squeaks through? He really is the new Tuukka.

CheerstoBeers

Jan 28, 2008
It's cocnerning how many fans in here are resting on the laurels of a "good" season instead of holding them accountable for another lost season.

Remember this as I say it every year.

Same core. Same results.
I hold Sweeney directly accountable for this mess. Didn't replace Bergeron Or Krejci and his deadline pickups were two useless plugs that added nothing to a lineup desperate for upgrades.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
McAvoy would not shoot in slot.Then instead of getting puck deep he tries to beat a guy one on one and turns it over.10 secs later in net.I get he scored big goal game 5 but man o man I expect better at 9.5 million per.
Can't let him near that top powerplay.Monty had his eyes closed solid.
Should have put Pasta on the Point so he could get a better view of everyone working

trenton1

Bergeron for Hart
Dec 19, 2003
Loge 31 Row 10
McAvoy killed the play in the offensive zone. He belongs on the 2nd PP unit. They need some creativity on that 1st unit. Hopefully Lohrei can take over the point on PP1 next season
McAvoy without a doubt in the world is not fit for #1 PP duty. He will also be more fresh for getting the damned puck out of his own end.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
at least i can cancel cable now

Not sure if I will get the hockey package next year. What's the point of watching Pastrnak have a great regular season and come the playoffs against Florida lay a huge egg. The Bruins are better off finishing 7th or 8th and starting on the road, under this coach they are a brutal home team.

Reactions: KillerMillerTime

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
Sucks. They just didn't play well enough early in the series then got screwed by inept officiating in one game. Played better to win game 5, and played well enough to win this game, but just fell short.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
You almost wouldn’t care but to see stiffs like Lundell and Foreskin score the goals, just makes it more disappointing.

DoubleBack

Apr 29, 2024
I'm sure someone will give you a #1 center for all the dead weight you want to trade away
They have more $$ starting next season, not just players to trade. You trade some of that dead weight for even more cap space. I don't know why I go on, as if you could possible grasp any of this.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
I agree but also do not think Montgomery is the guy after the past two post seasons
Bruins probably went as far as they could with this group. They haven't got the skill needed up front. One playmaker won't get you too far in the play offs. Bruins need a couple more star players. Sweeney went to the well too many times. Let's see how he handles the challenge.

trenton1

Bergeron for Hart
Dec 19, 2003
Loge 31 Row 10
I hold Sweeney directly accountable for this mess. Didn't replace Bergeron Or Krejci and his deadline pickups were two useless plugs that added nothing to a lineup desperate for upgrades.
Maroon should have been scratched by game 4. Might have been the recent surgery but that dude is just 3 steps behind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad