Pre-Game Talk: ECSF GAME 6 5/17 7:11 PM - SUNRISE OR BUST - Florida leads series 3-2 - TNT, truTV, MAX, CBC, SN, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
13 years ago to the day, a team from the state of Florida came into Boston to try and win a game and a kid by the name of Tyler Seguin was put into the line-up...

I think about this game a lot. What could've been if we'd held onto the player...

Although if we don't trade him we don't get McAvoy and Pasta in the draft so there's that

Reactions: rfournier103

Orr Fourever

#Staysafe
Sponsor
Mar 27, 2018
The Wheat Province
Boys are on a mission.
1715947597472_1013339280855888.gif

A mission from God.
Go Bruins.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
I think about this game a lot. What could've been if we'd held onto the player...
He underperformed in the 2012 and 2013 playoffs. His 42-game playoff line from his time here is 6-12-18 (identical to Joe Thornton’s Boston playoff line, incidentally). Two of Seguin’s six Bruin playoff goals came in a very crucial game, but one game nonetheless. That gives him four goals in 41 other playoff games.

His Dallas playoff numbers are only slightly better.

Unacceptable for a player supposedly as talented as him.
Although if we don't trade him we don't get McAvoy and Pasta in the draft so there's that
I’ll take McAvoy and Pastranak over Seguin any day.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
He underperformed in the 2012 and 2013 playoffs. His 42-game playoff line from his time here is 6-12-18 (identical to Joe Thornton’s Boston playoff line, incidentally). Two of Seguin’s six Bruin playoff goals came in a very crucial game, but one game nonetheless. That gives him four goals in 41 other playoff games.

Seguin led the Bruins in scoring that year as a 19 year old,. with prime Bergeron and Krejci. He has also played in as many cups as those guys, with one more conference finals. MMQB but keeping Seguin over Krejci would have been a no brainer after 2013, but you could have kept all three with that gorgeous contract Chia signed him too. That trade gave @EverettMike and myself PTSD of the 4th of July's to follow.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario

I’m missing something here how did the Bruins get McAvoy and Pasternak for Seguin don’t remember him getting traded for picks ,he went with Peverly and can’t remember the others for Loui Eriksson, Reilly Smith, Matt Fraser and Joe Morrow.So how did that turn into Pasta and MCAvoy.

Reactions: HustleB

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus

I would say Seguin's been passable or serviceable relative to his talent. Rarely disappointing, but he's never really hit that next level of the true stars either.

He's having a good run so far this playoffs though. 7 points, +6, playing a lot of 3rd line but taking good advantage of some easier matchups as a result. Nice to see him being a factor again.

Don't know what might have been if the Bruins had kept him, but I think at the least it can be said that while he's done alright for himself there's nothing to suggest that his loss was some kind of horrendous, era-defining mistake.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
I would say Seguin's been passable or serviceable relative to his talent. Rarely disappointing, but he's never really hit that next level of the true stars either.

He's having a good run so far this playoffs though. 7 points, +6, playing a lot of 3rd line but taking good advantage of some easier matchups as a result. Nice to see him being a factor again.

Don't know what might have been if the Bruins had kept him, but I think at the least it can be said that while he's done alright for himself there's nothing to suggest that his loss was some kind of horrendous, era-defining mistake.
Both Seguin & Hall fell short of the hyped expectations

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Seguin led the Bruins in scoring that year as a 19 year old,. with prime Bergeron and Krejci. He has also played in as many cups as those guys, with one more conference finals. MMQB but keeping Seguin over Krejci would have been a no brainer after 2013, but you could have kept all three with that gorgeous contract Chia signed him too. That trade gave @EverettMike and myself PTSD of the 4th of July's to follow.

I literally think about it every 4th of July.

I was in the pool! I was having a great day!

Reactions: PeanutButter37

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com

Seguin on that deal on a roster that also had prime Bergeron and Krejci likely cost us another Cup at minimum.

Not only because Loui Eriksson f***ing sucked, but because the Bruins gave Seguin away for peanuts when other teams would have paid waaaay more at the time.

So yeah, Seguin didn't turn into a Hall of Famer or anything, but for the role he would have played for the Bruins it was an era-defining mistake for the organization, which history will absolutely recognize for having blown a decade of great players on great deals after 2011.

Patdud

Mar 23, 2022
New Hampshire
I still think it came down to Seguin or Marchand and they chose Marchand because they had the two centers but needed wingers.

Still, you have to get more in a trade for that kind of player. Like a 1st at least, cmon, a higher potential young player. something!

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Playoffs

Krejci
Goals per Game 0.27
Assists per Game 0.53
Points per Game 0.80

Seguin
Goals per Game 0.18
Assists per Game 0.33
Points per Game 0.51

Reactions: Mamrd and HustleB
Status
Not open for further replies.