GDT: ECSF: Game 5 - New York Rangers vs Carolina Hurricanes, 7pm ET, ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

elmaco

Registered Hockey Fan
Feb 1, 2017
But what does it mean? Rangers fans disregarded the Capitals? Or Rangers fans assumed they would roll the Canes because they swept the Caps? Unless I've completely been out to lunch for a while, neither of those things are true so is it meaning something else?
Propably that Rags fans were too arrogant for beating the Caps? idk

Reactions: Grifter3511

AirGut

Jul 1, 2019
Larry Brooks Bus Stop
www.capfriendly.com
Ok, well every team is always working for every win they get.

The fact that all their wins were by one goal simply speaks to how close these two teams are, and how much their hard work is being met by the opponent.

As far as "their manhood is always being tested" thing, maybe that's best discussed with your therapist.
it's funny how you type out shit that's the most obvious only after a Rangers loss

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
Shots mean something.

Scoring chances and chances in the high-danger areas certainly speak more to scoring threat. But having the ability to shoot, retrieve, shoot, retrieve, etc, doesn't just speak to the ability to shoot the puck, it speaks to all the plays made between, all the little battles won, all the quick decisions, that allow them to keep getting the puck and putting it on the net.

And if you have a high shot differential, that speaks to not only the ability to fight for and retrieve the puck, it speaks to an ability to prevent the other team from doing the same.

Where did you see the numbers for high dangers chances separate from xGF out of curiosity? I'd like to see them.
I'll have to find em

AirGut

Jul 1, 2019
Larry Brooks Bus Stop
www.capfriendly.com
Rangers in the playoffs in this era when scoring on the PP: 15-7 (2 Ws this series)

When they don’t: 3-11 (1 W/2 Ls this series)

They’re having a bad week on the PP, just like the New Jersey series. How long will it last?
>muh NJ series
>but muh 2023 playoffs
>muh Rangas n New Jorsey
>muh it's just like last year I swear
give it the f*** up already, this is NOT the Gallant Rangers, why do people like you incessantly try and tack on the past to the present? Worse than Leafs fans sometimes.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
>muh NJ series
>but muh 2023 playoffs
>muh Rangas n New Jorsey
give it the f*** up already, this is NOT the Gallant Rangers, why do people like you incessantly try and tack on the past to the present? Worse than Leafs fans sometimes.

Hasn't most of your fanbase been making parallels to 94 any chance they get? I wouldn't be saying this if I was an NYR fan, lmao. Also where is that poster wrong? The book on the Rangers will always be limit your power plays and make their superstars beat you 5v5. That's a core thing, not a coach thing.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Canes have spent a lot more time in the Ozone. The way both teams started their special teams is the biggest difference imo.

Pretty much this.

At 5v5, Carolina has the puck more, which creates an inherent buffer (however moderate) against their own goalie disadvantage and the other teams offensive skill ceiling.

If they have the puck damn near 60% of the time, that's simply less opportunities for the other team's forwards to put their skill to use and push their goalie past his limit. Especially when you consider of that remaining 40% of the time, their BEST weapons are only on the ice 5v5 for a fraction of it.

It's the PP and PK that is killing Carolina. If I was Brindamor, I'd personally threaten to beat the **** out of the next guy that takes a dumb penalty.

Last edited:

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
>muh NJ series
>but muh 2023 playoffs
>muh Rangas n New Jorsey
what

AirGut

Jul 1, 2019
Larry Brooks Bus Stop
www.capfriendly.com
Hasn't most of your fanbase been making parallels to 94 any chance they get? I wouldn't be saying this if I was an NYR fan, lmao. Also where is that poster wrong? The book on the Rangers will always be limit your power plays and make their superstars beat you 5v5. That's a core thing, not a coach thing.
yeah many NY fans have, does it piss me off? Yes. Do I continue to care about the 94' references? No. Many of us aren't as superstitious and I have a good amount of Devils buddies that feel the exact same way with mainstream fan intervention.
Rangers do deserved to get humbled here but yet it's only now when they look shaky do certain bad faith fans come out of the woodwork.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
If the Canes can stay out of the box, I like their chances.

One game at a time though.

Go win another game in front of your fans, then we'll REALLY see some butts pucker in NYR.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
If the Canes can stay out of the box, I like their chances.

One game at a time though.

Go win another game in front of your fans, then we'll REALLY see some butts pucker in NYR.
Rangers are top 10 penalty differential in away games, I don’t like the chances of staying out of the box

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
Alright so the Rangers now have to win A game in Raleigh again or else its over

1994 never had this happen, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad