GDT: ECSF: Game 5 - New York Rangers vs Carolina Hurricanes, 7pm ET, ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
I felt that after Lafs goal in game 4, not only did the crowd die, but also the Canes legs. They were ripe for picking until Lindgren took that penalty.

Keep it tight, keep it close, or open up a lead... Scoring 3 tonight will get you a win or a shot in OT. Scoring 4 will win the series.

It would behoove the Rangers to score first tonight
Yeah, I said in the PGT that the loss was extra frustrating bc after Laf tied the game the building sounded like it was empty and Carolina basically had nothing on the ice, they seemed like they were defeated and kind of just biding their time until they lost. Never seemed to have any momentum at all.

Then we have an offensive zone faceoff, they flip the puck up high, Lindgren misplays it and takes a dumb penalty. They score and "fix" their PP and win the game.

Just felt like a game we were in control of and weren't going to lose but then we gifted them the win. Oh well, come out tonight and get an early lead and get that same energy out of Carolina early.

will1066

Tarasenko: most dollar store player of all time
Oct 12, 2008
Listen, Mean Gene, I'm just about sick and tired of all the talk about whether I'm gonna show up tonight at Madison Square Garden. Filip Chytil this and Filip Chytil that. What's going on with Filip Chytil? Well, brother, I'll be in uniform at MSG, the world's greatest arena, when I take down Sebastian Aho and those Hurricanes. You know, just when you feel at your lowest is when you look up to the sky and talk to the man upstairs and you rest up, take your vitamins and say your prayers, man. And I have all my Chytilmaniacs rallying behind me and wishing me well. And that's when you say, this is more than about just me. This is for all my Chytilmaniacs. And that's when you get up and off the mat and you tell the world that nothing can stop Chytilmania. So I will be there tonight, brother. And Hurricanes, what you gonna do when these 26-inch pythons run wild on you!

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
I get it if Chytil is not ready to go, but selfishly would be absolutely electric if he opens the night and is in the starting lineup. They'll need to reinforce the Garden to make sure it doesn't come down.

He's the 3rd longest tenured Rangers player behind Kreider and Zibanejad. We love the young guys that have been brought in, but he was the first. He deserves that moment for working this hard to get back.

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
Yeah, I said in the PGT that the loss was extra frustrating bc after Laf tied the game the building sounded like it was empty and Carolina basically had nothing on the ice, they seemed like they were defeated and kind of just biding their time until they lost. Never seemed to have any momentum at all.

Then we have an offensive zone faceoff, they flip the puck up high, Lindgren misplays it and takes a dumb penalty. They score and "fix" their PP and win the game.

Just felt like a game we were in control of and weren't going to lose but then we gifted them the win. Oh well, come out tonight and get an early lead and get that same energy out of Carolina early.
To be fair, they gifted us game three with the short handed goal and misplaying the puck in OT. It's been a series decided by mistakes in large part.

Lindgren gifted them that one, but we've made fewer mistakes overall in games 1-3. Game 4 was our worst game of the series even with the momentum in periods 2 and 3 on our side.

huerter

Aug 16, 2020
We need to dummy them just like Lav dummied Vinny Mercogs this morning. Just merciless.

Reactions: Ail

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC

I'm not surprised it's positive.

I think the only reason Rempe gets stapled to the bench is that they're going to call a penalty any time he looks at somebody.

I wouldn't have a problem with him being in there if we were able to give him a regular shift.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
In the O zone the Rempinator's job is to attack defenders with his forecheck, go to the front of the net, and occasionally goes back down low to play the cycle. Simple things and he does them pretty well. It's his subpar agility and acceleration that can really be a hinderance in the D zone especially when the opposition gets a cycle going. Straightaway speed doesn't do much in the D zone. Even when he makes the right reads (hit or miss on that) on who to cover, he just can't pivot and get there in time to make a play- which would be the main reason he barely plays. He really needs to work on that in the off season, but it will also come naturally as he grows into his huge frame.

will1066

Tarasenko: most dollar store player of all time
Oct 12, 2008
And if these Rangers can't win without either Rempe or Brodzinski in the lineup then?

....Tob deletes his account.

He's been really busy lamenting Edmonton's goaltending situation and wanting Florida and Boston to pillage each other for seven 3OT games.

He's really belligerent.

Reactions: JCProdigy

NYR94

Mar 31, 2005
Long Island, NY
Rod’s #1 secret weapon is the last change.

Can’t lose to these dorks at home .
Need to minimize the damage done by Gus-Trouba by using last change to keep them away from Guentzel, Aho and Svechnikov as much as possible. Carolina's road record in the playoffs under Brind'Amour is not good the last 3 years or so. Just not the same team on the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad