GDT: ECSF (Game 5) - New York Rangers @ Carolina Hurricanes - 7pm EST, ESPN - Series (Tied 2-2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Do you know who Andrei Svechnikov is? Do you know why there’s breakaways against? Do you have a medicatable compulsion that requires you to bitch about the player who is FAR AND AWAY the least to blame for every loss? He gives up a breakaway goal against one of the most elite players in the world in a game where the team has TEN SHOTS through 55 minutes and you are otherwise quiet, except when complaining about the goalies.

I think he's by far the least to blame for the loss but because everyone else has been worse doesn't mean he can't be criticized for being sieve on breakaways in the playoffs.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
I think stylistically this team must change next year and for the future on 5 on 5 play.
Can't do much to change that when you don't have the right horses. Getting rid of Strome and getting Panarin off his globetrotters bullshit will help.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Playing like this at the start of the playoffs was acceptable but at this point what are we even doing or thinking? We should be over with this careless play but here we are

Chytilmania

Dec 31, 2017
I used to think this was a rebuild that was gonna guarantee a Cup or Cups but I’m not sure anymore. Having lost Andersson and possibly Krav and busted on Kakko possibly and no centers… dunno.
It seems like Othmann and Cuylle will be pivotal post season players. But yes the lack of centers is troubling.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Nothing matters but cups, and this team always, ALWAYS finds a way to f*** it up.
Yeah like this team was going to win the cup this year. One of the youngest teams in the league and the youngest in the playoffs. There was no way they were going to win the cup. Playing 13 or 14 playoff games is still a great season and is invaluable to the kids.

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
I think he's by far the least to blame for the loss but because everyone else has been worse doesn't mean he can't be criticized for being sieve on breakaways in the playoffs.

He hasn’t been a sieve and wasting energy bitching about him when literally every other player is baring more of the blame just makes it seem like you can’t actually discuss the team and the players and the game and only have a compulsion for complaining about goalies. Curse out Trouba and Strome like a normal person, dammit.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
Can't do much to change that when you don't have the right horses. Getting rid of Strome and getting Panarin off his globetrotters bullshit will help.
Agree. Panarin will be here a long time unfortunately. Maybe he can revert to his old self after an offseason of thinking. That's just wishful thinking.

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
worst game of the playoffs. not even close.

most unenjoyable game I've watched since game 5 against Ottawa in 2017

Its funny because I'd say the total balance of Rangers playoff games have been pretty f***ing bad lol.

Its kinda amazing that we are looking forward to Round 2, Game 6.

Brother Mouzone

May 23, 2014
Series is not over , played horrible and still if not for an offside they take a 2-1 lead and who knows what happens . Giving up these shorty's is frustrating AF , I believe in this team they have bounced back well all year when facing adversity .

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
Don't worry boys, just keep throwing the puck around the boards in the o zone. Don't try to penetrate to the middle...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad