BRUINS GDT ECSF GAME 5 7:11 PM - AGAINST ALL ODDS - ESPN, ESPN+, CBC, SN, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM - Sunrise leads series 3-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Did you expect Monty to jump on the ice and fight?
I'm at the stage where I don't expect anything from anyone anymore on this team. They'll go out, lose 3-1, Frederic will grab a guy by the collar in a scrum and proceed to do nothing. Maroon will patrol the red line in warm up thinking he's Bob Probert and do nothing.

Marchand would be the first player to step in and defend his teammates. He takes a dirty shot in the jaw likely concussing him and no one on this team batted an eye. Did Bennett even receive a body check last game or was it just him dishing them out?

Boston Bruno

Mostly not serious input..
Nov 2, 2002
Calgary
It's personal as well as personnel.

It wasn't just Bergeron and Kretchy who left. As much as whomever keeps telling us this on which ever broadcast we watch

At the end of the day we win a round with Lorhei Wotherspoon Heinen Jvr Jesper Peeke Maroon Beecher replacing Hall Nosek Bergeron Kretchhhy Clifton Bertuzzi Hathaway Orlov
( Nosek btw was top ten? face off guy)
You want to dump shade because we are getting spanked or out reffed . Regulate how you can.

Again look at the roster turnover and what they still accomplished. We have no draft pick in the first . It is what it is. Don't want to go out with a whimper but anyone taking the piss on this cap strapped team really needs to reflect on how bad they choked last year. This is a positive year win or lose. (Experience for some)
I do not like what Don Sweeney has done overall but this year he went to the thrift store and found some good stuff... Same with Monty. I know we all want retribution for abuse, but wtf is Monty supposed to do when he doesn't have that tool in the toolbox. They are not constructed that way. I am not going into what happened with 17 but you gotta know that derailed them from that retribution angle.
It's about the cup.. sure. Look at the inserted replacements and tell me that again. Not NHL by EA.

I understand frustration and I understand we look at things with a tint in them as well.

It's ok. You are ok. Hope for the best tonight and another day However it is far from a catastrophe like last year. Quite the opposite imo.
Again you feel different about it I get it. Countless flameouts..I still say that hit in Wideman vs flyers was boarding as clearly he left his feet and hit him high and Ward was in the crease(ot vs wash) Accari was tripped etc etc. Last year crosscheck on Hathaway. Always something

I will be sacrificing an unfettered goat to my Tim Thomas statue and tossing the bear head around.

Hope to read you Friday

sublime0852

Feb 15, 2010
maine
My biggest problem is when Maroon says, "I don't want to get an extra penalty". We are getting so many penalties a game on ticky tacky stuff, I'd much rather take the extra instigator and hope our penalty kill can kill it off. Maybe it will give the team some juice. If you're gonna get a penalty, might as well make it count.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Bruins, just stop talking.
And that's from the bottom of the organization to the top.

Let your play speak.

Go win a hockey game tonight.
I don't care what happens tomorrow or the next day at this point.

I’ll be very interested to see how they response tonight after the comments the team made about it being a different scenario now that they have all camera angles of the Marchand play.

If they don’t do anything it couldn’t be more of an “all bark no bite” type situation

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
My biggest problem is when Maroon says, "I don't want to get an extra penalty". We are getting so many penalties a game on ticky tacky stuff, I'd much rather take the extra instigator and hope our penalty kill can kill it off. Maybe it will give the team some juice. If you're gonna get a penalty, might as well make it count.
100%

UncleRico

May 8, 2017

It’s comments like that from Maroon that makes me whole heartedly believe this message is coming down from management.

They’ll never win with that mindset.

Ned Bouhalassa

Mar 2, 2008
Montreal
IMG_3848.jpeg

Bread and Circuses

Smile and wave.
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2010
Somewhere in the middle
The problem with going after the Panthers players now looking for some form of retribution for the hit on Marchand is that it’s too far removed from the incident and all that is going to happen is some one sided pushing and shoving that the Panthers players are going to willingly ignore so they end up on yet another powerplay. Believe me they are aware of this and hope the Bruins try it, they aren’t going to respond the way you think they are, and nobody on the Bruins is going to just grab a guy and Bertuzzi him, it’s just not going to happen.

Reactions: Gordoff

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
That and Sweeney saying he doesn't want to get fined. Who GAF about getting fined or taking a penalty? They're already getting called for things that aren't penalties. I'd rather them grow a set and call out the league + give it right back to Bennett than do nothing. Infuriating to see.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I would pick number two.

I've said more than once how disappointed I was with the Bruins & the way they've handled not just the games but all the bullshit that came with them.

I'm disgusted with them now. First Pasta literally took one for the team and there was zero pushback. Then #63 suffered what is probably a season ending cheap shot and there was still zero pushback. Do not get me started on Sweeney's comments yesterday, that was weak ass shit too.

I'm all for your #2 tonight. I doubt it happens though. This team has shown zero character & zero pride. They make the 2011 Canucks look like lions. I can bear losing but losing the way the Bruins have done disgusts me. I cannot & will not excuse the team's behavior.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
That and Sweeney saying he doesn't want to get fined. Who GAF about getting fined or taking a penalty? They're already getting called for things that aren't penalties. I'd rather them grow a set and call out the league + give it right back to Bennett than do nothing. Infuriating to see.

Exactly!

Reactions: BB79

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I’m all set with Geekie centering Pastrnak. Time to force Zacha to sink or swim.

Reactions: BMC

TP70BruinsCup

Let’s Go Bruins👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
Nov 16, 2019
North of Leafland
I think we miss Taylor Hall and his speed in a series like this too. But that’s water under the bridge at this point.

I just want them to go down swinging and I think they will. Leave it all on the ice and play with heart. Florida is entirely able to blow a series lead as they ain’t the 1977 Habs.

4-2 Boston tonight

Let’s go Bruins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad