Post-Game Talk: ECSF GAME 4 - The officials throw The Bear off the cliff - Sunrise 3 BRUINS 2 - Panthers lead series 3-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Yeah hard to say, the explanation they gave Monty was that Swayman was still in position to make the save, which is total BS. The calls are reviewed in Toronto, maybe they are still pissed we beat their crap team again. I understand refs make mistakes and some calls are not made, but some are so obvious, you wonder how they screw it up. 2019 finals a clear slew foot by the Blues and no call, results in the GWG and possibly what turned the series.
1715632754054.jpeg

The video review crew for controversial calls should not be located in a city, province or state where there is an NHL team, but should be located in a neutral site like Saskatoon Sk, Des Moines Iowa or Halifax NS

..NOT Toronto

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
I`ll listen every now and then at work, in spite of not being a huge fan of any of them, they do sometimes provide some laughs while at work in the afternoons, the host , Bryan Hayes seemed at a loss for words trying to describe the inconsistency
They’re pretty funny when they get going lol.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Except there was at least a fine there. Marchy gets punched in the face as he is going down to the ice which causes his head to get rammed into the boards and that doesn't even get a 2 minute minor. It's not a matter of it happening, it's a matter of the fact that the NHL allows it to happen to the Bruins with ZERO consequences for the offenders. Ok, yah, I'm out, not going to end well for me here today I don't think.
NHL is as phoney as a 3 dollar bill when it comes to player safety. The could care less. They want the big hits on the star players. Multi millionaire hockey players get couple grand in fines. Slap on the wrist and do it again next game. Reffing has turned into an absolute joke all the way through hockey now.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
I've lived in Florida since 02 ... hockey in MA / Boston is a culture, with a stable following, ingrained as part of the region, hockey in Florida is a past time, fair weather bandwagon fans when a team is doing well ; and an afterthought the rest of the year. Most fans in Florida as transplants and the rest probably couldn't find Ottawa, Edmonton, ang Winnipeg on a map even if they were highlighted. College football is the sport of choice. If NHL management and marketing think they are going to change that they would need to change the culture of the region and it's just not going to happen.

It's not really about trying to grow the game in Florida, although of course the NHL will take it if it happens. It's more about being able to point to Florida on a map and say, "see we have two major teams there" (in terms of performance and reputation, not fanbase), while also pointing out the ones scattered all over everywhere else. It's about the scope of the league, and being able to demonstrate that it extends well beyond its natural home in Canada and the north east. Having a strong, deep-running Florida and/or Tampa team helps make the case.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Lol, we aren't talking about overly scrutinize officials, you have scrutinize once or twice to get to that point, Bruins haven't.
Besides any rule can be broken and now is the time, so asking the questions is what needs to be done.
I totally agree, but it seems very odd that the Bruins management/coaches never call out the shady officiating no matter what happens :huh:

..maybe it's a Jacobs unwritten rule not to stir the pot with his buddy Gary:dunno:

Reactions: KWbruin and Gordoff

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I can see where the politeness and passiveness comes from with this team.
lol you really believe Neely & Sweeney were ok with this

25 Dudes here getting their info from Felger & Mazz

Felger likes to troll Boston sports fans which is entertaining like today especially when he is admitting to it - but I did enjoy when he made fun of Roy Holliday’s death show better

Mike crying during his apology to the family I totally got because the amount of money he would lose if fired with Wellesley & Nantucket gazillion dollar homes would make me cry- and more then Mike

Kudos to Felger trolling Bruins fans that Cam Neely was ok with this

bruins19

Aug 11, 2005
I agree

..my point was, that it's been a recurring theme where good Bruins teams from many years ago also had to beat another good team...(and the refs)......and it's just too hard to overcome both

I've seen it happen too many times in my life, and that's one of the reasons the Bruins have only won 6 Stanley Cups in 100 years IMO

I'm not saying this Bruins team have a good chance of winning the SC this year, but without fair officiating, they have zero chance
I get your point. Agree completely.

RiverbottomChuck

Jul 20, 2018
Washington DC

Felger likes to troll Boston sports fans which is entertaining like today especially when he is admitting to it - but I did enjoy when he made fun of Roy Holliday’s death show better

Mike crying during his apology to the family I totally got because the amount of money he would lose if fired with Wellesley & Nantucket gazillion dollar homes would make me cry- and more then Mike

Tbf how would we know any different? Neely didn’t come out correcting the record or earning a fine. I’m not disagreeing with you and I know you know more than most i guess I just wish he was more vocal about his displeasure unless there is a bigger reason he isn’t allowed to voice it.

Reactions: Gordoff

bruins19

Aug 11, 2005
THIS.

and the video is out now.

Sweeney asked for accountability from the NHL. Put Paros in front of the mic. I concur!
The video and a hospital record are all Marchand would need for a lawsuit. Whether a penalty was called would not help or hinder his case. The fact that the league did nothing actually increased their potential liability.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
I remember when bertuzzi put a tape to tape pass right on a panthers stick and we didn’t hear the end of it for a year. Zacha does it the other night and people rush to his defense.

Midship

Jan 7, 2016

What are Neely or anyone else with the Bruins doing to show they are not ok with it?

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Tbf how would we know any different? Neely didn’t come out correcting the record or earning a fine. I’m not disagreeing with you and I know you know more than most i guess I just wish he was more vocal about his displeasure unless there is a bigger reason he isn’t allowed to voice it.
They aren’t making it public to avoid whining, sour grapes, fines, and misplaced focus

The narrative I’m hearing is like they don’t care :laugh:

Reactions: lopey and Ladyfan

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012

Watching Sweeney's presser, not as much as just reading the tweets.

The issue I have is what is Bettman doing to threaten teams from speaking out? If it's just a fine, then I think the Bruins should have still spoken up. What else could Bettman do?

What irked me more was Sweeney's comments about the Bruins not being a volume shooting team, and Maroon pretty much going against what his GM said saying they need to play better and get more pucks on net. For all the crap Maroon gets, he said the right things today. It remains to be seen if the Bruins can turn things around, but one things for certain, they are missing that killer instinct.

Side note: Felger, Mazz, and Beetle don't know anything about hockey and haven't said anything relevant since the whole deflate gate fiasco with the Patriots. That's when I stopped listening to them anyways.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
They aren’t making it public to avoid whining, sour grapes, fines, and misplaced focus

The narrative I’m hearing is like they don’t care :laugh:

I would like your perspective on something since you usually have a differing view/opinion from mine but I am genuinely curious.

What’s the point of the mid series press conference by Sweeney. I think we can all agree it’s extremely uncharacteristic of a GM to have a middle of a series press conference to address the media/league/ref (whatever you want to call it).

Seems like something that is usually done in the end of the year press conference yet they did it before.

Wondering from your perspective on why since it is so incredibly rare.

Reactions: Gordoff
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad