Post-Game Talk: ECSF GAME 4 - The officials throw The Bear off the cliff - Sunrise 3 BRUINS 2 - Panthers lead series 3-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
This is exactly my point: all Emily Kaplan is doing is repeating the league’s official line, which they fed her and want out there. Why doesn’t she go and ask them precisely how they can think that? Stick a microphone in their faces and ask them. And on camera to boot. But we know why - ESPN isn’t going to bite the hand that feeds them. It’s a conflict of interest. They’re not actually “reporters” (duh).
I think she and everyone knows that was a suckerpunch....she don't want to lose her job actually calling out the NHL.

Everyone knows this was bullshit. Just like the non call on Coyle.

TobanWest

Jan 28, 2020
So you're okay with it all? Not finding any of the officiating umm suspect?
All is well and we'll get 'em next year?
This is my question as well, to all fans on here who aren't pissed. It seems like the league has made the front office cower and be soft, then that translates to Monty who follows suit, then the players follow suit and then a certain 25 fans on the other side of this opinion as like "well they did better than we thought" so all is well and nothing to see here. Where is the passion anymore.

Otherworld

Oct 26, 2016
I'm still actually laughing at the fact the Bruins didn't do a thing to Bennett after he knocks Marchand out of what possibly could be the entire series with a cheap ass suckerpunch.

No one did anything. Nothing. Did he even receive a hit?

I saw Frederic politely ask him to fight, which he declined.

Bennett should have been picking his teeth up off the ice, instead he scores a goal.
I believe this is the 2nd thing that should have happened....

The 1st thing that should have happened is the game after Tkachuk fought with Pasta, Maroon needed to just grab him and fill him in....

Back in the day, if you touched one of our stars you get your ass handed to you. Then Frederic should have done the same to Bennett.

Since the way they call the game gets sent back 20 years in the playoffs so should the way the players police themselves.

Penalties and suspension be damned!!!

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
I think she and everyone knows that was a suckerpunch....she don't want to lose her job actually calling out the NHL.

Everyone knows this was bullshit. Just like the non call on Coyle.
If ESPN won’t back-up their “reporters” for asking the league questions, then they might as well all play for the Bruins.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
I believe this is the 2nd thing that should have happened....

The 1st thing that should have happened is the game after Tkachuk fought with Pasta, Maroon needed to just grab him and fill him in....

Back in the day, if you touched one of our stars you get your ass handed to you. Then Frederic should have done the same to Bennett.

Since the way they call the game gets sent back 20 years in the playoffs so should the way the players police themselves.

Penalties and suspension be damned!!!
I think Bennett would handle Frederic.Should have been Maroon or get him with same dirty tactics.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
If were talking league min, it won't impact their ability to address the holes at center

Yes I have. The guy can still protect the puck along the boards, win board battles and be disruptive in front of the net. He can still lay the body and is willing to stand up for teammates. For league minimum how could you not want a player like that.

Does skating ability matter at all?

Because if it doesn't, you can find someone else just as cheap and probably 10 years younger who can do everything you say Maroon is doing. What you are asking for is not that unique if their skating is inconsequential. Dime a dozen skill-set.

If Maroon had zero cups he's already out of the league. Living off his reputation at this point.

Widdlez

Da Broons.
Apr 4, 2011
This league thinks we are stupid. They made the wrong call twice and both times they are just trying to gaslight us into thinking its actually right.

They deserve the rigged accusations. I'd say they deserve it if these games get even more chippy and silly but they'd probably cut that into promo footage and make more money off it anyway.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Zacha- 0 goals, 5 pts

Coyle- 1 goal, 4 pts

Freddy- 3 goals, 4pts

Geeks same as Freddie

Mcavoy- 0 goals, 4 pts

only some of the problem, the other, this team plays with zero guts, pride or heart
When it comes to contending for a Cup players lose all respect for opponents. Panthers were intentionally trying to injure Bruin players. It happens in all series. McDavid almost lost all his chicklets last night. Bruins have been hammered in both series.

Reactions: ODAAT

RiverbottomChuck

Jul 20, 2018
Washington DC
This league thinks we are stupid. They made the wrong call twice and both times they are just trying to gaslight us into thinking its actually right.

They deserve the rigged accusations. I'd say they deserve it if these games get even more chippy and silly but they'd probably cut that into promo footage and make more money off it anyway.
Like the other pro sports nothing will change until they go broke or betting isn’t the main reason the games happen again.

When it comes to contending for a Cup players lose all respect for opponents. Panthers were intentionally trying to injure Bruin players. It happens in all series. McDavid almost lost all his chicklets last night. Bruins have been hammered in both series.
Pays to be the assholer not the assholee lol

Reactions: Rydan

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida
It's not really about the size of the fanbase in Florida specifically, or the short-term ratings. There's a limit to how many committed fans will jump on board with the Panthers, and there's no question that the Bruins draw more eyes to TV screens that Florida ever could. The league knows this. What it's about for the NHL is national coverage and the size and scale of the footprint they have in North America as a whole. Having competitive, prominent teams in more places and more states is attractive for both advertisers and broadcasters. You can reach more markets, and diffusion across a greater area is ultimately beneficial, with more scope for long-term growth, even if the immediate viewership in raw numbers is smaller. It makes the league look bigger and more important and enhances its reputation.

So the incentive to favor the Panthers, representing a pretty big state, is there. And the league also know that most New England hockey fans will keep watching no matter what, and in that sense they can largely take them for granted.

I always like to approach things from the point of view of don't blame conspiracy or bias for what can otherwise be ascribed to sheer incompetence or stupidity. But the last couple of days have made that difficult. Very hard to put the two decisions you mentioned merely down to different interpretations. Thinking the league has an agenda here actually makes the most sense as an explanation.
I've lived in Florida since 02 ... hockey in MA / Boston is a culture, with a stable following, ingrained as part of the region, hockey in Florida is a past time, fair weather bandwagon fans when a team is doing well ; and an afterthought the rest of the year. Most fans in Florida as transplants and the rest probably couldn't find Ottawa, Edmonton, ang Winnipeg on a map even if they were highlighted. College football is the sport of choice. If NHL management and marketing think they are going to change that they would need to change the culture of the region and it's just not going to happen.

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
Except there was at least a fine there. Marchy gets punched in the face as he is going down to the ice which causes his head to get rammed into the boards and that doesn't even get a 2 minute minor. It's not a matter of it happening, it's a matter of the fact that the NHL allows it to happen to the Bruins with ZERO consequences for the offenders. Ok, yah, I'm out, not going to end well for me here today I don't think.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
i remember there being a call in the series against Ottawa that spiked my blood pressure, but can't recall the specifics
Borowiecki with the two hander across Vaakaninens neck? Or when a B's defenseman fired it out but it hit the glass on the way out but they still called them for 2 minutes? There are so many egregious calls that they get year in and year out that I've almost given up being able to recall them all.

Reactions: Dreghorn2

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida
Sweeney's words were very calculated. Reading between the lines one could assume that Papa Jacobs has told them that he will not pay any fines that management might incur for what they say that the league might frown upon.

Not saying anything decisive is weak and could possibly leave the players wondering if management has their backs.

Heck maybe we should start a GoFundMe fund to pay any fines just so we can hear what they really think.

The players should start pooling money to pay any fines they may incur for having each other's backs.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Does skating ability matter at all?

Because if it doesn't, you can find someone else just as cheap and probably 10 years younger who can do everything you say Maroon is doing. What you are asking for is not that unique if their skating is inconsequential. Dime a dozen skill-set.

If Maroon had zero cups he's already out of the league. Living off his reputation at this point.

Kind of odd that you didn't bold the lay the body and stand up for teammates part. That's part of the package with Maroon and kind of a big part of what makes him valuable. If there is a younger version of everything that Maroon brings, then great bring them in.

Reactions: Gordoff

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
The Bruins get absolutely no respect from opposition players, referees, media or the league offices.

They let themselves get run over by these entities time after time with no push back whatsoever.

I'm telling you they are going to lose the fans if this keeps up. People will stop caring.
Common denominator is Don Sweeney. He's done a great job keeping the $$$ rolling in and the team a couple notches above mediocre which is going to have to be enough for us.
He understands that the Bruins are not a team that the NHL wants to win the SC.
Now, maybe if he were to be able to assemble a (nasty ass) team like the Panthers we'd have a chance but it all goes back to organizational decisions that carry forward and the significance of the decisions multiply, Like having a leaking cup of coffee on a white table cloth and watching the stain spread if you don't clean it up asap. At first it's only around the cup, but as it continues it spreads out over a good part of the table cloth.
The lack of toughness (mentally and physically) are problems. Trying to build a
nice guy (PC) team is great but probably not conducive to winning.
This isn't the church league, it's a mean, dirty, nasty league that will stomp you out or allow you to be stomped out if you pick the wrong people for the job. That includes the coach, GM, players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad