Post-Game Talk: ECSF GAME 4 - The officials throw The Bear off the cliff - Sunrise 3 BRUINS 2 - Panthers lead series 3-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
The Refs are terrible league wide but are not the reason the Bruins are losing. They are losing because they can't clear the zone, are petrified to get hit, and can't score on grade A chances. Also not having a D man that can and will shoot the puck let's the opposition focus on the forwards limiting shots and chances and eliminating second chances!
They also don’t hit. Or hit for a bit then say k we’re done.

Reactions: Gordoff

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
This is true, but I really do think that you’re all missing the point of the press conference. It wasn’t to “scold” the media for asking Montgomery questions. It was to remind the media that they actually *are* the media and that they can, you know, actually call up Garry or George or whomever and ask them what the f*** it is that they think that they’re doing. Start trying to actually hold the league accountable for a change rather than being terrified of being denied “access”. You’re reporters. Go ask the league some f***ing questions and report on what they say (or refuse to say). Would’ve been better if Sweenious actually said it that way tho.

Appears Sweeney mirrored the team soft, lack of accountability culture of late. Embarrassing.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
No - that would just be a terrible look for the franchise.
Kevin, what Sweeney said today is a terrible look for a dysfunctional franchise that wouldn't say shit if they had a mouthful. Ridiculous for Sweeney to be whining about the media to get them back in line with the big lie.

bruinsfan1968

May 6, 2019
I was seriously thinking the same thing
Sam Bennett can do no wrong in the eyes of the NHL and DoPS

Has there been a good explanation of why Bennett's goal was allowed when he clearly crosschecked Coyle into the crease and interfered with Swayman's ability to make the save??

Some folks in the media have no problem calling out these mistakes by the officials and Toronto, but the Bruins front office can't muster up the courage to do the same! SMH
Wake up Donny, Cam, and the Jacobs, your team is getting mauled from all sides, show some balls and back then up! It's your investment and assets you need to protect!

JerseyBruin

May 29, 2019
Also, it wasn’t a hockey play when noted tough guy David Pastrnak punched a guy in the face the other night, to which he went down as if shot in the forehead. That was rightfully called a penalty. The dive wasnt. But the punch was
A lot, not all of the Bruins penalties were deserved , but the embellishment from the Panthers is cringe worthy .

Reactions: TD Charlie

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
Montgomery challenged the play. Obviously the media is going to ask what montgomery saw on the play he challenged.

Sweeney getting in the media for that is ridiculous.
He’s telling the reporters why are you *just* asking Monty? Go ask the league some of these f***ing questions for a change and see what they say (or don’t say) and report on it. Go ask DOPSHIT why Bennett isn’t suspended, why the hit was “clean” and why the video didn’t come out until later. You’re reporters, so report.

Anyway I’ve said the same thing 4 times now so I’ll stop lol.

Memokerobi

May 4, 2018
This is true, but I really do think that you’re all missing the point of the press conference. It wasn’t to “scold” the media for asking Montgomery questions. It was to remind the media that they actually *are* the media and that they can, you know, actually call up Garry or George or whomever and ask them what the f*** it is that they think that they’re doing. Start trying to actually hold the league accountable for a change rather than being terrified of being denied “access”. You’re reporters. Go ask the league some f***ing questions and report on what they say (or refuse to say). Would’ve been better if Sweenious actually said it that way tho.

No I am getting the point. I just think its a terrible angle to take after calling an in-series press conference in response to what's happened

Reactions: RiverbottomChuck

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Some folks in the media have no problem calling out these mistakes by the officials and Toronto, but the Bruins front office can't muster up the courage to do the same! SMH
Nope. The scape goat for failure is always the coach. Not referring to the Bruins are plugs but some GMs fill their teams with half assed players and fire the coach when they don't turn out to be a bunch of Gretzkys.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
The Refs are terrible league wide but are not the reason the Bruins are losing. They are losing because they can't clear the zone, are petrified to get hit, and can't score on grade A chances. Also not having a D man that can and will shoot the puck let's the opposition focus on the forwards limiting shots and chances and eliminating second chances!
22 penalties in 4 games man is nuts

TobanWest

Jan 28, 2020
By crosschecking him in the head?
The crosscheck wasn't intended to be to the face. But yes, Vancouver sent a message that they won't stand for it. Would be nice to have players like that on the Bruins. Verbally the Bruins are all for one and one for all, then they hit the ice and cower. They can take this into their own hands but don't. Their ok with being punked

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Under Parros watch
1715623244443.png

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
This was a bridge year to me

I’m on record here 98 points battling for 7th 8th seed

Wiped out first round

Very good season and team will be a lot better to me - 25 Dudes will disagree but that’s why they are the 25 Dudes
So you're okay with it all? Not finding any of the officiating umm suspect?
All is well and we'll get 'em next year?

Reactions: Save By Thomas

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
A f***ing JOKE.
This is exactly my point: all Emily Kaplan is doing is repeating the league’s official line, which they fed her and want out there. Why doesn’t she go and ask them precisely how they can think that? Stick a microphone in their faces and ask them. And on camera to boot. But we know why - ESPN isn’t going to bite the hand that feeds them. It’s a conflict of interest. They’re not actually “reporters” (duh).

Reactions: Mione134

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
They should not spend one dime til they fix centre holes.

If were talking league min, it won't impact their ability to address the holes at center

I wouldn’t have you not watched him play he is way past his prime.

Yes I have. The guy can still protect the puck along the boards, win board battles and be disruptive in front of the net. He can still lay the body and is willing to stand up for teammates. For league minimum how could you not want a player like that.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Nope. The scape goat for failure is always the coach. Not referring to the Bruins are plugs but some GMs fill their teams with half assed players and fire the coach when they don't turn out to be a bunch of Gretzkys.
Zacha- 0 goals, 5 pts

Coyle- 1 goal, 4 pts

Freddy- 3 goals, 4pts

Geeks same as Freddie

Mcavoy- 0 goals, 4 pts

only some of the problem, the other, this team plays with zero guts, pride or heart

Reactions: bobber

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The crosscheck wasn't intended to be to the face. But yes, Vancouver sent a message that they won't stand for it. Would be nice to have players like that on the Bruins. Verbally the Bruins are all for one and one for all, then they hit the ice and cower. They can take this into their own hands but don't. Their ok with being punked
Yeah I don’t want guys crosschecking guys to the face over slashes. Cheap shots to the head? Sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad